View Full Version : Formating cRIO

01-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Our programmer moved last year so nobody on our team understands how to set up everything very well. I'm trying to set up our computer and cRIO but I ran into a problem while trying to communicate. I could get the driver station to recognize the robot code and communication but to make sure I had everything done, I formatted the cRIO. Unfortunately, it only had the FRC_2010_v20.zip folder and now I can't communicate. I downloaded FRC_2011_v28.zip but it doesn't show up under the options for formatting the cRIO. Any help on how to update it would be appreciated.

01-19-2012, 06:18 PM
The .zip files of the images should be located in C:\Users\<User>\sunspotfrcsdk\cRIO_Images. Also, why are you trying to use v28? (The newest version is 43 IIRC). Is this code from last year or this year?

01-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Like I said, not many of us know how to go about this. When I tried to use Netbeans, it told me it was looking for that file. I actually found that I was using the wrong version of the imaging tool. I found the tool from 2011 and it let me use v28 but when I try to format it tells me that a specific file is missing.

C:\Documents and Settings\atrobotics\Local Settings\Temp\lvtemporaryd_178441\cRIOFRC
I checked and the file doesn't exist. I have no clue where to go from here.

Btw, we are not using a classmate computer, so if you could link me to the imaging tool for this year and the necessary files and plug-ins that'd be very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

01-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Follow the directions here, it is a good place to start

http://www.usfirst.org/sites/default/files/uploadedFiles/Robotics_Programs/FRC/Game_and_Season__Info/2012_Assets/Getting%20Started%20with%20the%202012%20FRC%20Cont rol%20System_2.pdf

01-19-2012, 07:27 PM
The Imaging Tool is part of the Utilities update:

If your NetBeans plugins are out of date, they can be installed automatically with NetBeans' plugin interface:

Tools -> Plugins Dialog box -> Settings Tab

If there is an update centre that has the URL http://first.wpi.edu/FRC/java/netbeans/update/updates.xml then go on to the next step, otherwise add one:

Add -> Name: Anything, "FRC Java" is descriptive. URL: as above.

In the "Available Plugins" tab if the latest updates are not installed, then six plugins will appear:
FRC Java Info

Click the checkboxes next to those and click "Install". Ignore warnings about unsigned plugins. Once they are installed you will have to restart NetBeans.

Mr. Lim
01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Once they are installed you will have to reinstall NetBeans.

Restart NetBeans :D

01-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Thank you all very much. I should be able to fix it as soon as I get to school tomorrow.