PDA

View Full Version : LabVIEW folder missing??? (and other IDEs)

DethRaid
01-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Hello, everyone! This is my first post, so I feel it necessary to introduce myself. I'm basically the team leader of team 4261, a rookie team from Charleston, South Carolina. We've reformatted the Classmate from the flash drive they give us, just like the instructions said, but we don't have any of the IDEs (WindRiver Workstation, Netbeans, LabVIEW) or their respective folders on the Classmate. As there is no LabVIEW, there is no LabVIEW folder, nor any of the files contained within, such as the cRIO imaging tool. The flash drive we have is the 2012 Image, E11 FRC, if that matters. How can we get the IDEs, and especially how can we get the cRIO imaging tool?

Please don't tell me about the download links for Netbeans or LabVIEW. We can do that. We need all the files for the cRIO imaging tool and anything else necessary contained within the LabVIEW folder.

Alan Anderson
01-24-2012, 11:08 PM
There's another flash drive in the Kit of Parts. It's in the LabVIEW envelope that looks like it might contain a CD-ROM. That's what you use in order to install LabVIEW. There are a pair of WindRiver discs as well for teams using C++.

DethRaid
01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Could you please post a picture of what said folder is supposed to look like? Maybe you could tell us which bin it's in? Maybe just the color?

You may not understand this, but my team is at pretty much rock bottom. Our classmate didn't image correctly, so it's missing some crucial files, we can't seem to find anything related to installing LabVIEW at all, and I mean at all. We managed to hobble a combination of LabVIEW 2011 and the updates, but of course it doesn't actually work like it should. Connecting to the cRIO has been everything except successful. WindRiver isn't on the Classmate, and the only way to install it that I can see is from the CDs, and oddly enough the Classmate doesn't have a CD drive. Funny. At every step of the process we've had to look at the instructions, realize we didn't do something crucial because there was little to no mention of it, hunt through each PDF until we actually find what needs to happen, do it, and pray that what we just did works even though we know that it won't, because nothing else did. For whatever reason, anything coming from FRC has been convoluted and sketchy at best and downright broken at worst. Our problems know no bounds.

So, please, could you tell us a little bit more other than that there is, somewhere in the kit of parts, a folder which somehow identifies itself with LabVIEW and, in the spirit of FRC, appears to have a CD in it but really contains a flash drive, hiding its true meaning for no reason whatsoever?

Alan Anderson
01-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Ours was in the Kit of Parts, and according to the KoP checklist it was in everyone else's too.

It is a CD-ROM-sized envelope that is prominently marked as containing the 2012 LabVIEW for FRC installation media. If I recall correctly, the background is white and yellow.

Inside the envelope is a business-card-sized USB flash drive (the drive itself is actually very small, and it "flips" out of the card).

The instructions for using it are in the "Getting Started with the 2012 Control System" document on the Kit of Parts web site. In fact, pretty much all of the information you need to use the provided parts can be found there: http://www.usfirst.org/frc/kitofparts

Joe Ross
01-31-2012, 05:49 PM
It is a CD-ROM-sized envelope that is prominently marked as containing the 2012 LabVIEW for FRC installation media. If I recall correctly, the background is white and yellow.

There's a picture of it in the KOP checklist.