PDA

View Full Version : Dean's List Form

ENeyman
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
On the Dean's List requirements it references an "attached form", but I can't find that form anywhere.

Each entry shall be in the form attached which includes identifying information; i.e., the studentís current year GPA and the GPA for each year the student has been a high school student; and an essay of not more than 4,000 characters attesting to why the student has been nominated.

If anyone knows where I can find this form, please let me know as soon as possible.

Meredith Novak
02-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Granted, "the form" is not clear. You simply fill in the boxes in your TIMS account award section for the Dean's List Award after clicking the blue edit/view box.

It must be accessed through your team's main or alternate TIMS contact.

Gary Dillard
02-15-2012, 11:05 PM
The form won't let you put in a GPA over 4.0; does anyone in high school still use a 4.0 scale anymore? I don't think my kids even know what their GPA is on a 4.0 scale.

BugByte
02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
If it's out of 5 I think you just subtract 1. If you have a percentage you can use an online gpa calculator.

Gary Dillard
02-16-2012, 03:33 PM
You don't just subtract 1. AP courses are weighted at 5.0, so if you got A's in 3 regular classes and an A in 1 AP class, your GPA would be 4.0 (16/4) and your weighted GPA would be 4.25 (17/4). I called the registrar at the school and she said they do not calculated unweighted GPA's. Without knowing all their courses and grades there is no way I could get it. So I made one up and I put a note at the end of the essay stating I had made it up and why and what their weighted GPA is.

Katie_UPS
02-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Its not uncommon for schools to not use the 5.0 grading scale. My high school didn't. Students should get in the habit of knowing their grade on the 4.0 scale because colleges will re-calculate their GPA anyways.

BugByte
02-18-2012, 09:09 AM
You don't just subtract 1. AP courses are weighted at 5.0, so if you got A's in 3 regular classes and an A in 1 AP class, your GPA would be 4.0 (16/4) and your weighted GPA would be 4.25 (17/4).

Some schools have a system where for all classes an A is 5, a B is 4, etc. That's what I was referring to. In my opinion you should have calculated an unweighted GPA in the way you explained. As long as there's an explanation I'm sure it'll be fine. Good luck!