PDA

View Full Version : Please Read This Message

archiver
06-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Posted by Beccy Rigden (Duct Tape).

Student on team #166 from Merrimack High.

Posted on 2/24/2000 1:57 PM MST

I want to make a public announcement on behaf of my team (Merrimack 166). We have had many problems this year, severe money problems, communication issues, and engineer troubles to name a few. We had some amazing people this year, our two engineers Jim and Dave really pulled it together in the last week and a half and our machine shop guy Rudy let us trash his shop and totally take over for 6 weeks. Unfortunatly our problems got worse and by monday we barely had a working machine. I just wanted to let everyone know that Nashua/Sanders 155 really saved our collective butt. They truly embody the sprit of FIRST, allowing us to use their tools, playing space, engineers, time, and making us parts at 11 o'clock at night. I thought they deserved more than a thank you from my team alone. To the defenders of the greater good, just take this as a thank you from every team you guys have ever helped. We are looking forward to cheering with you in the stands and we love you all.

Beccy
Co-Captain team 166
Merrimack TI

archiver
06-23-2002, 10:01 PM
Posted by Joe Johnson.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 2/24/2000 2:19 PM MST

In Reply to: Please Read This Message posted by Beccy Rigden (Duct Tape) on 2/24/2000 1:57 PM MST:

My experience is that the folks from the Lockheed Sanders/Nashua Team are among the best that FIRST has to offer.

I second your high praise for these heros.

To quote from Eeyore (Winnie the Pooh's friend), 'How like them!'

Joe J.

archiver
06-23-2002, 10:02 PM
Posted by Andy Grady.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #42, P.A.R.T.S, from Alvirne High School and Daniel Webster College.

Posted on 2/24/2000 2:20 PM MST

In Reply to: Please Read This Message posted by Beccy Rigden (Duct Tape) on 2/24/2000 1:57 PM MST:

I also would like to thank the guys from Sanders and Nashua, not only were they gracious by letting use their field, but if it wasn't for them we probably wouldn't have found out we were extreemly overweight until it was too late, not to mention the advice they gave us in trying to get it out. Thanx guys,
Andy Grady, DWC/Alvirne HS