PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Team 1114! 2012 Chairman's Award Winners

Joe G.
04-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Before the internet explodes over FMS issues, I wanted to congratulate team 1114 for an achievement that's even more important than anything that happens on the field. This is a long overdue honor. Team 1114 has done a simply incredible amount of work to grow FIRST in Canada, and is arguably the reason that an all-Canadian Einstein alliance was able to exist. The resources they make available to all teams have driven up the quality of FIRST, and their incredible machines and program are an inspiration to us all.

Congratulations, and thank you for everything you do for all of us!

BrendanB
04-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Congratulations 1114 you are an incredible team and have had such an impact on the FIRST community.

Thank you!

Andrew Lawrence
04-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Congrats Simbots! You deserve this award so much.

-Andrew

Racer26
04-28-2012, 07:17 PM
Agreed. Long overdue, despite that it should have come with a much closer shot at a sweep.

pfreivald
04-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Awesome job, Simbots!

George Nishimura
04-28-2012, 07:24 PM
I couldn't believe that 1114 hadn't won the CCA before [I guess that shows the quality of the competition]!

As someone who has used and seen a lot of the resources you have put online, I am grateful for all that you do in this community. One day we hope to replicate what you have helped achieve in Canada over here in the UK.

Congratulations on the well-deserved award!

avanboekel
04-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Congratulations Team 1114! You deserve it!

MrTechCenter
04-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Congrats 1114! You've made it this far, and you have a long road in front of you!

Conor Ryan
04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
1114 is a very deserving Hall of Fame Team, and its about time that we had a Canadian team in there! Congrats!

1114, proving America's hat can be pretty cool.

Stephmthompson
04-28-2012, 07:32 PM
From myself, and everyone else at 1503 - We always knew this day would come. Congratulations - We've been so lucky to have been able to see first hand the awesomeness that you offer the world of FIRST.

HannahF
04-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Congratulations Simbotics!!!

1114's CCA is well deserved and I am really glad they finally won.

I don't think FIRST would function at half the competitive level it is today without 1114's "kitbot on steriods program", their scouting database and their "simphone" app which help so many teams across the country every year.

Congratulations again Simbotics, and thank you for representing what it means to be the best of the best on and off the field.

~Hannah

LedLover96
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Congrats to Simbotics! The first four digit team to enter the FIRST hall of fame!

ErikEdhlund
04-28-2012, 07:45 PM
It is a honor to welcome 1114 to the list of respectable Hall of Fame teams. I look forward to seeing any future contributions you can bring to FIRST.

whattsheorder
04-28-2012, 07:48 PM
CONGRATS SIMBOTS! you deserve it!! you're such an inspiration to FIRST.

Lil' Lavery
04-28-2012, 07:52 PM
'bout time!

KeatonM
04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Nicely done, 1114!

Very deserving team. All your work for FIRST in Canada and FIRST In general is truly amazing.

Richard Wallace
04-28-2012, 08:06 PM
We could see this coming six years ago, when my team visited the Waterloo Regional. 1114 is the real deal. As others have said, this recognition is long overdue.

I think we will be seeing Einstein alliances that fly the big red maple leaf again, and soon, and 1114 is the inspiration for that.

Oh, Canada .... :)

lorem3k
04-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Congrats 1114! Such an exemplary team, both on and off the field.

1629GaCo
04-28-2012, 08:11 PM
1629 GaCo would like to wish 1114 congratulations on the 2012 Chairman's Award. Your team is a true inspiration to the FIRST community. You are wonderful competitors on and off of the field! Keep up the wonderful work!

Ian Curtis
04-28-2012, 08:12 PM
You have to love the irony of all the American politicians getting up and saying how awesome it is that we are all there celebrating the things that make America great. :o

Yet, the Canadians do it better than we can! Congratulations, you make all of FIRST better. :)

Vince lau
04-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Congratulations 1114. I hope there is a video, I want to see what they said about them when they announced the winner

Joe J.
04-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Congratulations 1114 very well deserved!

Mc Kenna
04-28-2012, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the Hall of Fame!!! It is about $%# time!

AlecMataloni
04-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Seeing the Simbots win the chairman's award was the highlight of the award ceremony. Congratulations to team 1114. Welcome to the hall of fame!

Gregor
04-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Congratulations Simbotics!

Anupam Goli
04-28-2012, 09:14 PM
Congratulations Team 1114, and thank you for being an inspiration to me and a fair few others out there. Without you around, FIRST would not be what it is today. Those Canadian regionals would not be that competitive, and nor would Divisions be so competitive without your presence and the lasting effects that has. Your resources and Kitbot on Steroids has helped so many teams, it's astonishing. Congratulations Simbotics!

Waffles
04-28-2012, 09:25 PM
'bout time!

Amen to that!

A well deserved win, Simbotics.

Your Chairman's video is PHENOMENAL!

nuggetsyl
04-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Congrats 1114.

JR.
04-28-2012, 11:06 PM
Congrats 1114 and welcome the the HOF I was hoping you would win this year for all you do for the FIRST community and insipring us all. Also congrats on becoming the first 4 digit team to win CCA! :D

dtengineering
04-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I've been hoping to see this for years. It would have been sweet to see a double victory, but congratulations to the Champions, too.

Jason

IanW
04-29-2012, 12:36 AM
I must say, it's pretty amazing that 1114 is the first and only 4 digit team to win the CCA, or the CMP for that matter. Definitely speaks to the quality of their program.
Congratulations!

CalTran
04-29-2012, 01:12 AM
I must say, it's pretty amazing that 1114 is the first and only 4 digit team [to win] the CMP for that matter.
Congratulations!

They are? I know they're the first 4 digit HOF.

Anyways, congratulations Simbotics! You've truly been an inspiration to me personally ever since my rookie year and your beast of a soccer playing robot. Then, I was hooked on power houses. The next year, I learned about the 2056 partnership. That was amazing. Now you're at what, 10 regional victories together and a division championship? That is, to quote Karthik, "the greatest pair in the history of FIRST."

You're team is absolutely amazing, incredibly approachable, and deserves this great honor.

On a side note, guess who got their New Cool books signed by Karthik? This kid.

smurfgirl
04-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Congratulations Team 1114! As many others have said, this is a long overdue honor. Thanks for all you do for the FIRST community; you are definitely an inspiration and a model for other teams.

Dr Theta
04-29-2012, 02:55 AM
Good to see one of the most inspiring teams in FIRST win the CCA. Simbots, enjoy it soak it in. You guys are amazing. This is well deserved, and has been a long time coming.

bam-bam
04-29-2012, 03:41 AM
I learned so much from just talking to you all today, about how you all got to where you are now. You inspired me at that moment. Thank you, and continue inspiring!

Rich Kressly
04-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Very well deserved CCA, 1114. Thank you so much for all the help and support you've provided to global STEM programs, our entire extended global community, and to my teams and myself, personally. Your ongoing story is absolutely amazing and an inspiration to individuals and organizations worldwide.

For the first time ever, this clock (http://www.firstwiki.net/media/a/a3/ChairmansClock.jpg). Will be venturing off of American soil. It's VERY fitting that 1114 gets this distinction and it should, once and for all, solidify the fact that FIRST is NOT an American program solving American problems (no matter how it began), but rather an international program working for the betterment of global society that just happened to begin in America.

"USFIRST" and "Nationals" are now, once and for all, terms of the distant past.

Namaste, 1114

sgreco
04-29-2012, 11:19 AM
Long overdue, and well deserved. 1114 is simply an inspiration to everyone in FIRST. Congratulations.

CalTran
04-29-2012, 12:15 PM
1114 is simply an inspiration to everyone in FIRST.

Don't you mean SIMply an inspiration? :cool: Not only are they an amazing team on the field, their partnerships hold strong, and their outreach is simply incredible. Adjectives fail me yet again.

techhelpbb
04-29-2012, 12:25 PM
Congratulations!!!

I know it's been a struggle for you folks and you rightly deserve this recognition.

Akash Rastogi
04-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Congrats and thank you 1114 for years of inspiration.

nlknauss
04-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Congrats 1114! One of the things I mot appreciate about your team is that your impact truly is global. You've provided the entire FIRST community with so many resources that have truly raised the bar of competition and leadership across the board. I'm sure that many have learned from you and will continue to do so.

Enjoy the celebration and honor bestowed on you!

Katie_UPS
04-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Yay 1114! I'm so happy for you guys. I started cheering immediately.

For those who haven't talk to them, they're super cool and nice. I went up to their pit twice and their students were very nice both times. I know its a little intimidating to approach a team as notorious as Simbotics, but they really are just people too, I promise! I would encourage others to talk to the simbot members and learn from them :)

Jim Zondag
04-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Simbotics have been an inspiration to me and my team for many years. Well deserved, Congratulations!!!

LemmingBot
04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the club guys! I have been hearing about you all season and I cant imagine anyone else winning this award. If I ever go up to Canada I'll come creep on you :D

your video totally didn't make me cry... not at all

tim-tim
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Congratulations to FIRST Team 1114, Simbotics, on their great accomplishment. You have really inspired not only your local community, but the entire FIRST community as well.

One of these days we hope to be able to compare ourselves to you!

Thanks for all you have done. Congrats again on a well deserved award!

jblay
04-29-2012, 08:03 PM
It sucked how much worse your view of Einstein was once you won chairman's. Congrats on a fantastic season, you guys have deserved to be in the Hall of Fame for a while now and I am glad you have finally been given that recognition.

apalrd
04-29-2012, 08:31 PM
I've wanted 1114 to win CMP Chairmans for a few years now. Finally, it's their turn.

Great job Simbotics.

KrazyCarl92
04-29-2012, 09:15 PM
What an inspiration to all of us! I can't imagine the FIRST community without the Simbots and I am certainly glad to see everything they do for our community and the world recognized with a CCA. Congratulations 1114, and thank you for everything that you do.

I REMEMBER being inspired by your machines, dedication, gracious professionalism, and team for as long as I have been a FIRSTer. And I always will.

cpeister
04-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Congratulations on a much deserved CCA. You guys do so much for FIRST and are in inspiration to me and many others.

I remember attending my first event as an FRC team member, WAT08 (don't remember much of the saturday of WAT07 I attended in Gr 8 as an FLL student). Seeing your robot perform so flawlessly was incredible, and still sticks out in my memory of that season. A little later on in my first career, I began to realize how much 1114 does apart from building stellar robots. I attended the SWAT771 symposium in the fall of 2010, and was inspired even more by Karthik's presentation of effective FIRST strategies. As an alumni in university, I am still inspired by all that you do.

The Hall of Fame has added a very deserving team to it's ranks, and there is no better team to represent Canada.

Doug G
04-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Congrats to 1114!!! It was the best thing about the Championships this year!! Even if all the field issues would have been fine, it would still be the best thing about the champs!! I showed your chairman's video to my team last week and it was inspiring to us all. Thank you for being a great role model for all teams.

Nuttyman54
04-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Congratulations is definitely in order. Simbotics has been an inspiration to me since I first learned about them in 2006, and this has been a long time coming. Well deserved!

IKE
04-30-2012, 07:19 AM
I have used there "Strategy" persentation not only as good training material for our students on our team, but as the backbone for a couple "Stategy" seminars I was asked to conduct at the MEZ, and give several copies as handouts.

The Kitbot on Steroids finally got the level of recognition it deserves this year.

As Jim said, we use them as a role model for their performance on and off the field all the time.

Congratulations of your award, and thank you so much for all that your team has done for the FIRST community.

Phyrxes
04-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Congratulations to 1114, I am glad to see one you recognized for all the hard work you put into making resources available to the rest of us!

Adam Freeman
04-30-2012, 08:05 AM
Congratulations to everyone (past and present) associated with Team 1114 Simbotics!

As a fellow GM and Hall of Fame team and friend, I could not be more proud of this incredible team at how they handle everything that is put in front of them with Gracious Professionalism.

Simbotics is an inspiration to our team both on the field and in the community. The HOT Team enthusiastically congratulates Team 1114 Simbotics to the FIRST Hall of Fame as the 2012 Championship Chairman’s Award winner.

P.S. - Karthik, THANK YOU for the shirt, I really, really appreciated it and I will definitely wear it with pride.

Nick Lawrence
04-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Team 1114 is hugely part of the reason for who I am today. Had they not started Team 1503, I would be a very very different person. I wouldn't know all of the wonderful mentors and students that I do.

Thank you 1114. And congratulations on a long long overdue World Chairmans Award.

-Nick

twetherbee
04-30-2012, 01:19 PM
Congratulations to Team 1114 on your Championship Chairman's Award win!! Simbotics have been setting the bar high with your program and robots for years and now have set the bar even higher for those of us aspiring to follow in your footsteps to the Hall of Fame. A very well deserved win.

Mr MOE
04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
On behalf of all of MOE 365, welcome to the Hall of Fame 1114!

As many have already said, your team, past and present, have been an inspiration to veterans and rookies alike! It will be an honor to have Simbotics in the FIRST Hall of Fame.

Much congratulations! Well deserved!

DonRotolo
04-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Finally, some well-deserved and long-overdue recognition for 1114's program.

They are awesome winners on the field because of this program. They don't have any other magic potion, or super resources, or get built by mentors, or any other thing that jealous people may have implied or accused them of having. They just work their tails off year round to get results.

Congratulations to ALL of team 1114, including current and past members. This is truly well-deserved. I can't speak for my entire team, but 1114 is the kind of team 1676 aspires to be.

Karthik
04-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I warn you, this will probably be the longest post I ever make on Chief Delphi. I’m totally going to be that guy at the Oscar’s who refuses to get off the stage. I tried to wait a couple of days to let all the emotions settle in, but I don’t know if that will ever happen. Winning this award was just too beautiful. I’d dreamt of this day for the past 9 years, ever since I became a Simbot. Who knew it’d become a reality.
----

Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. – Michael Jordan

For years, people told us we could never win the Chairman’s Award. Our team was Canadian. Our team supported VEX. Our team was too small. Our team had no spirit. We were told there was no way the judges would ever bestow such an amazing honour upon us. Well, if there’s one thing Simbots do, it’s prove people wrong. Because it’s true, limits are often just an illusion.

When our team started, we were a robot focused organization. Everything we did revolved around what was happening on the field. Everything else was secondary, including the Chairman’s Award. I’ll never forget the night before the submission deadline in 2004. We had nothing done, nothing prepared. It would have been very easy for us to give up and focus on more “important” things. But something within us compelled us to keep going. Perhaps it was really just a nothing moment, but it felt like there was more to it; it felt like the start of something special. We finished a submission that night; it wasn’t particularly good and didn’t stand much of a chance of winning, but there was something important about the efforts involved in creating that submission. For a moment, it seemed that for 1114, it was about more than just robots.

That year in Atlanta, Team 254 entered the Hall of Fame, winning the Chairman’s award. Mentioned prominently in their speech was their development and growth of FIRST in California and beyond. It struck a chord with us. Coming home on the plane, Steve Rourke and I started discussing how valuable FIRST was as a tool to promote STEM education, but what a shame it was that only a few students in Niagara had a chance to benefit from the experience. We decided this had to change. Our team made it our mission to spread FIRST as much and far as possible. This inspiration by Team 254 created a permanent shift in our team. It may have started slowly, but it brought us to where we are today, where as much work is put into our off the field efforts as is on our robots.
Simbotics has always been known for our level of perseverance and dedication when it comes to the competition; robots that are constantly being tweaked and iterated, statistical analysis that goes a couple extra levels deep, legendary practice sessions that never seemed to end. But as we grew as a team, these characteristics became part of outreach efforts. We were constantly looking for new and innovative ways to reach more people. Each year we asked ourselves the question, “what more can we do to inspire?” and “how can we actually change culture?” This is how projects like the Textbook for Success, the Kitbot on Steroids, the Simphone App and the Degrassi episodes came about. We wanted to make people feel the “Simbot Effect”

This award wouldn’t have been possible without the support of so many teams and individuals from the FIRST community. I’m hesitant to mention anyone here, as I know I’m going to inadvertently leave some key people out, but here it goes.

The Hall of Fame teams who have been helping, inspiring and supporting us over the years: 16, 103, 254, 67, 111, 365, 341 & 359. Each one of these teams has mentored us and showed us what it takes to become a Hall of Fame team. Every year at the Championship they’ve always been there to review our presentation, give us feedback and to show us what we can do better. These teams, along with the rest of the Hall of Fame are absolutely the real, and we’re humbled beyond all belief to be joining them. It’s honour just to think about. Within these teams there have been some specific individuals who’ve given their time and input to make 1114 the best team possible, both on and off the field. These people are the true rock stars in FIRST, and I hope that everyone reading this takes the time to meet these people and learn from them. They include: The Novak family, The Beck family, Jason Morrella, Dennis Jenks, EJ Sabathia, Cory McBride, Pat Fairbank, Adam Freeman, Dave Verbrugge, Walt Hickok, Raul Olivera, Mike Soukup, Dave Scheck, Dave Flowerday, Alyssa Zielinski, John Larock, Al Ostrow, Jared Russel, Kirsten Richardson and Glenn Lee.

Of course it’s more than just the Hall of Fame teams. Locally we’ve worked with so many teams who have been incredibly supportive of us through our journey. Teams like: 188, 610, 771, 781, 1219, 1241, 1334, 1503, 1547, 2200, 2702, 2809, 2852, 3161, 3683, 3756, 4039, 4334. Our judges booklet is filled with letters from these Canadian teams and more. We’ve been to glad to assist and guide you over the years and are immensely proud to be part of FIRST Robotics Canada community with you. There was a time when FIRST teams in Canada were seen as a joke or as inferior. Those days are long over.

It would be impossible for me to thank everyone I want to thank in regards to this award, but there are some special individuals and teams who absolutely need to be thanked publicly.

The Team 188 alumni - People like Shankar Manoharan, Adam McLeod, Jeff Li and Diriye Hassan. Whenever we needed an extra set of eyes to review a submission or an opinion on anything, you guys were there. You're welcome to run with the Simbots any time, any place.

Rich Kressly – In 2006 we sensed we were close to possibly winning a Regional Chairman’s Award, but we didn’t quite know how to most effectively tell our story. I sought Rich’s guidance, and he was a true oasis for us. He took the time to answer every question we have and constantly made suggestions, guiding us in the right direction. Since then, Rich has acted as a consultant on every 1114 Chairman’s submission. His impact cannot be measured. Thank you to a pillar of the STEM education community and an amazing friend.

Team 2056 – The relationship between our teams is simply unparalleled. Some days it’s easy to forget that we actually are two separate teams. Our students are almost interchangeable. When our name was announced as winners of the Chairman’s award, both of our teams reacted and celebrated in the same way. It was a sight to behold. Thank you for everything. I hope that one day you’ll be by our side in a new location, the FIRST Hall of Fame.

Steve Rourke – When I dreamt of this day, I always assumed you’d be leading the celebration and providing your words of wisdom. It’s been incredibly hard since you passed, but we’ve done everything we can to live up to your legacy. You are the reason Simbotics is what we are today, and this award belongs to you. RIP

And finally, on personal note, I need to thank the one person who stood beside me for almost 5 years of this journey. This award belongs to you as much as it does to anyone. You were my guiding light, my inspiration, my sage and the keeper of my heart. Thank you for everything, my princess. I hope I’ve made you proud.
----

"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good." - Vince Lombardi

Winning this award was more than about the 2012 season. It’s a celebration of the culmination of 10 years of efforts by our team. We’ve been chasing perfection since 2003 in the hopes of catching excellence. We are changing culture and we will continue to try and change the world. People often ask me what makes Simbotics special. I always respond with the same answer: family. Our team isn’t a group of individuals who work on robots. It’s a family, where everyone works their hardest to take care of each and look out for each other. We’ve been able to accomplish so much because we function as a unit. I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people on the planet to be part of such an amazing family. I’ve been constantly surrounded by some of the smartest, caring and hardworking people I have ever known. What’s it like to be a Simbot? “Indescribable”.

There’s so much more I could say but I think I hear the cut music playing in the background. Thank you to everyone who made this award possible, from the Judges to the FIRST Staff to all the volunteers. Thank you to everyone who has passed along their congratulations. I hope I have the opportunity to thank each and every one of you in person someday. I leave you with our Chairman’s video for you to enjoy. Our essay will be posted on our website (www.simbotics.org) in the near future.

http://youtu.be/qFwz3FZqiuc

With much respect and humility,

- Karthik Kanagasabapathy
Lead Mentor – FIRST Team 1114
Hall of Fame Member, Class of 2012 :)

Libby K
04-30-2012, 09:41 PM
What’s it like to be a Simbot? “Indescribable”.
http://youtu.be/qFwz3FZqiuc

I was given the honor of being adopted into the Simbot family this weekend.

How? I made a joke about how the Championship was the only time my whole family was in one place, and I still didn't get to see any of them...

And then I heard the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me at a FIRST event:

"Well, we could be your family if you wanted. You can hang out with us!"

Thanks, Q-Tip. That meant so much more than you know.

I've been a Simbotics fan from afar for as long as I can remember. In the past few years, I started talking to Karthik and he very quickly became one of my best friends. If you get a chance, ever, talk to him. He's an amazing person.

This year, Karthik introduced me to the Simbots. I was floored by their team. Every single student and mentor I spoke to was the epitome of what a FIRSTer should be. As it's said in their video - the team isn't about creating the best student - but the best possible person.

I will fully admit that after getting to know Karthik and the Simbots... I had tears streaming down my face when they were announced. This award has been a long time coming for them, and they so deserve it.

Congratulations, 1114. Welcome to the Hall of Fame. That's exactly what you are. Indescribable.

Mike Starke
04-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Karthik,
First off, I couldn't help but read your post, hearing it in your voice. Truly made it that much more special.
1114 winning the Chairman's award hasn't really set in for me either yet. You have an absolute fantastic team. I have always looked up to you and your Simbots. Everyone of you is full of humility and a genuine love for what you do. It is an honor knowing Simbotics, and I am so glad we have become friends. Thank you for taking the time to talk to me, and being someone to look up to. Your students are one of a kind. It's remarkable, how a college student can look up to high school students. It's truly a thing of beauty, and not something you'd see anywhere else, other than in FIRST. Keep being the team you are, you are examples for so many people!
Mike

SteveGPage
04-30-2012, 11:18 PM
At the risk of repeating what everyone else has said, you guys are a class act! You are not just a model for other teams to follow, but one that demonstrates true leadership within FIRST! Thanks for all you have done for our team in the past. I look forward to seeing what you all do in the future!

Congratulations!!!

Steve

Littleswimmer14
05-01-2012, 12:28 AM
1114 is a team that is consistently recognized and appreciated within the FIRST community. The 1114 Chairman's video was so well put together it makes you want to change the world after watching it.

ACE put together a vote for the Top 10 RCA winners that people wanted to know more about and 1114 was number 1 (http://www.assistingcreativeenergy.com/2012-top-10-rca-winners.html) by a long shot. I've always greatly respected 1114 and I'm glad they're the 2012 FIRST Hall Of Fame member.

Truly congratulations for being such a powerful, passionate team. Thank you for everything you've given to us!

Robert103
05-01-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm so happy for your team. Coming from a fellow hall of fame member, you guys absolutely deserved this. Plus, as my team's scout, I can tell you, your database helped me more than anything. Congrats!

hiyou102
05-01-2012, 11:57 AM
I was really rooting for you guys to win. Congratulations.

waialua359
05-01-2012, 02:17 PM
On behalf of Team 359, congratulations on EARNING the 2012 CMP Chairman's Award.

We will forever be next door neighbors at the HOF booth.:)

IMO, as I look down HOF row of all the previous winners, each team stood out for their own unique reasons, strategic plan in their respective district/areas and served as a model for others to emulate.
You folks demonstrated the characteristics of such a team for a long time.

I can only imagine how you folks feel, that surreal feeling and a huge weight lifted off of your shoulders.
Continuing to be a shining example to others without the pressure of competing for the award is such a great feeling.

Enjoy it!

-Glenn

Vince lau
05-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Does anybody have a video of the awards ceremonies, or know if it was archived

Astrokid248
05-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Congratulations on winning National Chairman's. Your video moved me to tears in the stands, which not a single other Chairman's video has done.

Karthik
05-05-2012, 10:46 AM
Our essay will be posted on our website (www.simbotics.org (http://www.simbotics.org)) in the near future.

Here's a link to our 2012 Chairman's Award Submission.

http://www.simbotics.org/about/outreach

KelliV
05-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Huge congrats to 1114, your award is long overdue and the hall of fame is lucky to have you all amongst their ranks. You all are fantastic and have always been shining examples of FIRST's ideals and Gracious Professionalism.

-Kelli

Shelbers2486
05-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Congrats 1114! I'm sure that i'm one in many, but while watching your video after you won the CCA, I was fighting back tears. You are truely inspirational, and I hope one day my team can have the tremendous impact that you have. You are an incredible team on and off the field. Thank you for all you have done for FIRST.

-Team 2486, The CocoNuts

Basel A
05-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I am in constant awe of 1114's Herculean feats! Every team could learn from Simbotics and every team that does so would be learning from the best! Many congratulations to a hugely deserving entry into the Hall of Fame!

Ekcrbe
05-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Not long after I entered FIRST, I learned that 1114 was a team to behold in every facet of the FIRST, both at the competitions and off the field. I had the privilege of speaking with some of their students at The Championship, and I can tell they are a class act in what they do, along with being open to help anyone who comes around to ask. It was not surprising to me that they entered the Hall of Fame my rookie year in FIRST.

Congratulations on a great year (and history) and I look forward to seeing how far your massive impact can spread.

JaneYoung
05-19-2012, 10:04 AM
This may sound a little strange, so please forgive me. It has taken me this long to absorb the impact of 1114's Championship Chairman's Award. For many of us, this Award is very special and it is difficult to put the reasons why into words. I wanted to let some time pass in order to think about 1114's journey and the impact that they've made on our FIRST community and other communities, as much as I can understand it.

1114 has a class factor. By that I mean - they are classy. You see that reflected in their 2012 Chairman's video. Simply done. Beautifully done. Classy. I wish they could package that and share that with all of us but, I think it is the very nature of their team.

It also made me think about the journeys of all of the HoF teams and how they reflect the growth of FRC and the STEM initiatives and developments. It makes me want to put a mental pin in the map and follow the developments. This is a new thought to me and it has occurred because of 1114's entry into the FRC Hall Of Fame. It's a very exciting thought.

Congratulations and well done, 1114. What's next? :)

Jane

Karthik
06-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Does anybody have a video of the awards ceremonies, or know if it was archived

Here you go, Vince.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kC0H7n-epS4#t=308s

Karthik
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Here's video made on behalf of General Motors St. Catharines and FIRST Robotics Canada by Lively Media, as a thank you and congratulations for our 2012 Championship Chairman's Award. Edited by Stephanie Thompson, Joe Woodward, and Elyse Saley. This video was shown at our 2012 Banquet and Hall of Fame Celebration. Thank you to all the teams that took part in this humbling video. We are truly honoured.

http://youtu.be/AAlMk9kTp1w

The FIRST community never ceases to amaze me.

Cynette
06-20-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: Thank you video

What a wonderful acknowledgement by the other teams you have helped and impacted! And the little girl at the end was darling! And she echoed a sentiment that many share - We love Karthik! :)