PDA

View Full Version : Junkyard Wars...Cheesified!!!!!

archiver
06-23-2002, 09:17 PM
Posted by Andy Grady at 1/3/2001 11:18 PM EST

Other on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High School and Nypro Inc..

Ok, if you are like me, you sat down and watched the season premiere of Junkyard Wars, the new US version. Now, am I alone in thinking that the new version absolutely stunk up the joint? First of all, they replaced the annoying but bearable british host guy for an annoying but unbearable american guy! Hey I was just gettin to like that annoying british guy too!!! Also did you notice how some of it was scripted?!!?! That took the naturalness away from it, and added some horrible jokes. Im angry, errrr
cya
Andy =)

archiver
Posted by Jason Iannuzzi at 1/4/2001 1:48 PM EST

Engineer on team #11, Marauders, from Mt. Olive HS. and BASF, Rame Hart, CCM.

In Reply to: Junkyard Wars...Cheesified!!!!!
Posted by Andy Grady on 1/3/2001 11:18 PM EST:

I was thinking the same thing. The new host is one of those generic over-energetic-know-nothing TV host type people barely qualified to host a dinner party, let alone a program on national television.

Also, haven't see seen these competitions before? How many different 'design a big gun' variants are we going to have to watch?

I hope they get their act together soon.

archiver
Posted by Dodd Stacy at 1/4/2001 3:11 PM EST

Engineer on team #95, Lebanon Robotics Team, from Lebanon High School and CRREL/CREARE.

In Reply to: Re: Junkyard Wars...Cheesified!!!!!
Posted by Jason Iannuzzi on 1/4/2001 1:48 PM EST:

Wow, tough audience. We seem to get cranky without our robot building fix. Maybe try building a treb during down time?

Dodd

archiver
Posted by Jon at 1/5/2001 2:27 AM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

In Reply to: Cheeze Wars
Posted by Dodd Stacy on 1/4/2001 3:11 PM EST:

Professor Frink: Finished!

My friend, a recent FIRST convert, and i build one from a mindstorms kit... its a proof of concept so far and we haven't gotten around to motorizing the silly thing just yet, but it works! it hurled a lego brick and hit someone's knee.

But i'm still cranky about the cheezier junkyard wars...

archiver
Posted by Jessica Boucher at 1/4/2001 4:31 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: Re: Junkyard Wars...Cheesified!!!!!
Posted by Jason Iannuzzi on 1/4/2001 1:48 PM EST:

Gee, kinda reminds me of the time I was picking
apart the new female on Battlebots :)

-Jessica B, #237, who just convinced her French teacher of all people to skip West Wing for just one week to watch it :)

: I was thinking the same thing. The new host is one of those generic over-energetic-know-nothing TV host type people barely qualified to host a dinner party, let alone a program on national television.

archiver
Posted by Kate T190 at 1/7/2001 7:40 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

In Reply to: Junkyard Wars...Cheesified!!!!!
Posted by Andy Grady on 1/3/2001 11:18 PM EST:

I watched a couple episodes before it got "cheesified" as you call it.. And I wasn't too impressed with it then.. And I don't really see much different with the last season as compared to this season.. Maybe it's just me..

T190 XO
Kate