PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard?

archiver
06-23-2002, 09:34 PM
Posted by Jordan McNerney at 1/8/2001 7:24 PM EST

Student on team #166, Techno Insanity, from Merrimack High School and Texas Instruments and R.S. Machines.

My team and I would like to put together a fairly conprehensive dashboard system to be run on a laptop during competition. How should we go about doing this?

archiver
Posted by Matt Leese at 1/8/2001 8:22 PM EST

Other on team #73 from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Rochester Institute of Technology.

In Reply to: Dashboard?
Posted by Jordan McNerney on 1/8/2001 7:24 PM EST:

: My team and I would like to put together a fairly conprehensive dashboard system to be run on a laptop during competition. How should we go about doing this?

Well, it depends what you want to do with the Dashboard. Most people found the Dashboard fairly useless last year. I have some C/C++ code that will read from the Dashboard and it's available at the link below. If you want to write your own from scratch you can use the documentation provided on the InnovationFIRST web site.

Matt

archiver
Posted by Nate Smith at 1/9/2001 4:37 PM EST

Other on team #66, GM Powertrain/Willow Run HS, from Eastern Michigan University and GM Powertrain.

In Reply to: Re: Dashboard?
Posted by Matt Leese on 1/8/2001 8:22 PM EST:

: : My team and I would like to put together a fairly conprehensive dashboard system to be run on a laptop during competition. How should we go about doing this?

: Well, it depends what you want to do with the Dashboard. Most people found the Dashboard fairly useless last year. I have some C/C++ code that will read from the Dashboard and it's available at the link below. If you want to write your own from scratch you can use the documentation provided on the InnovationFIRST web site.

: Matt

Also, I am working on a new version of my Dashboard Decoder OCX, based on the new specifications that I recieved from Innovation First in New Hampshire this past weekend. More information will be coming after I get it tested...

Nate

archiver
Posted by Jon - T190 at 1/12/2001 1:34 AM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

In Reply to: Re: Dashboard?
Posted by Matt Leese on 1/8/2001 8:22 PM EST:

We've also pondered this... our scouts and strategists are going crazy with their calculating and whatnot, but they've suggested using the readouts from the dashboard to assist a digital playbook for the mentors

---
: Well, it depends what you want to do with the Dashboard. Most people found the Dashboard fairly useless last year. I have some C/C++ code that will read from the Dashboard and it's available at the link below. If you want to write your own from scratch you can use the documentation provided on the InnovationFIRST web site.

: Matt