PDA

View Full Version : Bomb Squad is back..anyone remember us :)

Jessie_eins
12-06-2001, 11:42 PM
Hi!
I'm on the Bomb Squad team from Mountain Home. I was just wanting to find out if anyone here knew any old team members or anything. And, I'm happy to say that we have come back this year. I hope to see a lot of you this year in Florida.

Lora Knepper
12-06-2001, 11:53 PM
Welcome back! It was sad to see you guys go last year, especially since FIRST teams that leave tend not to have the best rates of returning to us. Glad to see Mountain Home back in the game! :D

Ken Leung
12-07-2001, 12:01 AM
Woohoo!!! I knew the Bomb Squad will be back! Your 2000 robot is one of my fav. And I am looking forward to see your robot rule a few of the fields at regionals again!

Welcome back!

David Kelly
12-07-2001, 05:29 AM
welcome back guys!! i can't wait to hear that "Bomb Squad, Bomb Squad..." chant again!!:D

Adam Krajewski
12-07-2001, 07:54 PM
Welcome back.
The 2000 Bomb Squad drivetrain was one of my all time favourites.
And being an alumni of the Truck Town Terror (team 68), I'm kind of partial to the Bomb Squad (we chose you for alliance partners at nationals in 99 and 2000 as well as finishing 2nd overall together at Motorola in 2000).

Jeff Waegelin
12-07-2001, 08:57 PM
But what if it's misinterpreted as a bomb threat? I can see it now: "High School Students Evacuated after Chants of BOMB SQUAD are heard at Robotics Competition." Does anyone else find that thought sickly amusing?

Ken Loyd
12-07-2001, 09:27 PM
You have always been Team 64's good luck charm. It is great to have you back. See you in Florida.

Ken Loyd

Kit Gerhart
12-15-2001, 10:20 AM
I remember Bomb Squad as one of the "teams to beat" when I first became involved with FIRST in 1996. I may be wrong, but I have felt for three years that you may have been a victim of your previous successes in '98. One of our most memorable matches in '98 was our last three-team match. Our opponents were Bomb Squad and another team whose identity I don't remember. With a few seconds remaining, Bomb Squad was leading and we were second. The human player from the third team threw a ball which knocked one of Bomb Squad's balls from the goal, giving us the win and ultimately the national championship. I felt that maybe Bomb Squad was a "target" because of their previous success.

EddieMcD
12-15-2001, 11:38 AM
Hey, don't forget about 121's arm coming crashing down in the finals because of a steel rod snapping in half.

*Looks to the sky and sees 6 bombs, coming down in twos, rocketing toward the ground*

:eek: Ahh! They're back!

*Watches the bombs hit not to far away and cause 3 pretty explosions*

The stories I've heard about the Bomb Squad in the past 2 years are immense. The Holy Order of FIRSTism welcomes you back. :D

Kit Gerhart
12-16-2001, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by EddieMcD
Hey, don't forget about 121's arm coming crashing down in the finals because of a steel rod snapping in half.

I remember it well. While, for us, it was great winning, the finals were a disappointment for everyone. I'm sure it was especially disappointing to Team 121 to have their machine break after having such a good run to make it to the finals.

EddieMcD
12-16-2001, 08:35 PM
I still remember seeing it on ESPN: RHODEWARRIOR'S ARM FELL! RHODEWARRIOR'S ARM FELL! Eh, Murphy's Law, I guess.

mpking
12-17-2001, 11:26 PM
I can remember when the Rhode Warriers Caused our arm to fall in '97.

Course, the rules were slightly different then.

But they definatly don't call them the Navel War College for nothing.

EddieMcD
12-18-2001, 02:07 PM
Ahh... the almighty Aquatread. That was when we had a flipper on our robot and it was legal. You'd figure more people would actually READ THE RULES to see the legality of that. And I remember watching tapes of the finals of NH that year.

mpking
12-18-2001, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by EddieMcD
Ahh... the almighty Aquatread. That was when we had a flipper on our robot and it was legal. You'd figure more people would actually READ THE RULES to see the legality of that. And I remember watching tapes of the finals of NH that year.

It's true. They single handedly changed the competition that year. Friday they *unvielded* there flipper and flipped there first robot. By the end of the day, many, many robots had flippers fabbed up and were being attached.

I still remember when you took us over, we took the carpet with us. (and do you wonder why FIRST doesn't allow Velcro on the carpet anymore. )

EddieMcD
12-20-2001, 03:44 PM
Yes, but how many of those flippers actually worked?

There can be only 1...

Don Taylor
01-06-2002, 09:28 PM
Yaaaaaah Bomb Squad ! It's great to see you back Even if you did beat us in the finals at Kennedy in 2000.

*** Good luck from Team 343 Metal-in-Motion***

We'll look for you at Kennedy, it's always good to see old friends.

p.s. are you going to St. Louis, we'll be there too.

Jessie_eins
01-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Yeah, we will be in St. Louis this year. Our human players will be going to Houston and we will be making our presence known know in Orlando. Just to let everyone know :D