PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Midwest Webcast?

archiver
06-24-2002, 02:41 AM
Posted by Crouching Tiger at 03/21/2001 10:46 PM EST

Other on team #111, Wildstang, from University of Illinois.

Hi everybody!

Does anybody know if there is going to be a webcast of the Motorola Midwest Regional? Sadly, I cannot make it up there from college, so if anybody knows, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

archiver
Posted by Kevin Sevcik at 03/21/2001 11:08 PM EST

Other on team #57, Leopards, from BT Washington and the High School for Engineering Professions and Exxon, Kellog Brown & Root, Powell Electrical.

In Reply to: Motorola Midwest Webcast?
Posted by Crouching Tiger on 03/21/2001 10:46 PM EST:

SOAP says they'll have a streaming feed coming out of Chicago. Apparently, it won't be quite live, but it will be video of each of the matches. :^) As the official webcaster of the LoneStar Regional, and recipient of a few too many complaints about things that weren't my fault, I'm interested in just how well this will turn out. Personally, I dunno if their server can handle the traffic of all the rabid FIRST fans, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Link to their site is below, though I can't say when the video link will be up. Apparently you just head to the chicago page. I'm sure they'll post details thursday or friday.

archiver
Posted by soap108 at 03/22/2001 12:23 AM EST

Engineer on team #108, SigmaC@T, from Dillard & Taravella HS and Motorola.

In Reply to: SOAP should be
Posted by Kevin Sevcik on 03/21/2001 11:08 PM EST:

All-

In year's past (2) we've been able to provide 'Instant Replay' of video *locally*. Streaming on the net is new for us, and we will have 'start-up costs.'

Were trying our best to provide a live stream... Bandwidth or server capablility should not be a big issue. The main issue is man-power.

One of our alumni is ironing out the streaming kinks.... but, because he had to put college-work first (an important thing to do) it may not work as hoped for this go-round, and we'll have to go to plan B.

The back up is just provide links to QuickTime Movie archives on our server (dual 800MHz, 1/2 GB of RAM....its ok to stop drooling now ;-) as soon after the match as possible.

YES, we'll keep this msg board 'posted' as to the latest.....heads up- it will most likely be late thursday night.

later,
KA - 108

: SOAP says they'll have a streaming feed coming out of Chicago. Apparently, it won't be quite live, but it will be video of each of the matches. :^) As the official webcaster of the LoneStar Regional, and recipient of a few too many complaints about things that weren't my fault, I'm interested in just how well this will turn out. Personally, I dunno if their server can handle the traffic of all the rabid FIRST fans, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
: Link to their site is below, though I can't say when the video link will be up. Apparently you just head to the chicago page. I'm sure they'll post details thursday or friday.

archiver
Posted by bonnie at 03/22/2001 10:11 AM EST

Other on team #343, Metal in Motion, from Hamilton Career Center and Hamilton Career Center and Oconee Partners.

In Reply to: Re: SOAP is trying very hard to....
Posted by soap108 on 03/22/2001 12:23 AM EST:

A great BIG thanks to everyone who posts streams, links, pics, ideas and stats to share. I really appreciate your willingness to share your stuff. This robotic stuff is addicting! So here is a great big cyber hug to you all .
See ya at the nationals!
GO TEAM 343!