PDA

View Full Version : I guess i will start this forum going

Jon K.
08-08-2002, 07:29 PM
RAGE this year had some different things for fundraising besides sponsors we sold pies and cookie dough and entertainment books but we got most of our money though our sponors

sanddrag
08-08-2002, 07:44 PM
2003 will be our 3rd year in FIRST. Our first 2 years we got 5K from NASA for regional registration. We'll we don't get that anymore so now we got to dig up some money. We just had a fundraiser where a local restaurant donated 20% of sales from people who mentioned our card on their table. Turned out that most people just threw the card out of the way and we only made $110.

We are currently writing letters and making phonecalls to get sposorships or any help for that matter.

Any better ideas???

/me wants to go to 2 regionals

Jon K.
08-08-2002, 07:47 PM
My dad belongs to a non profit search and rescue group and they i know my mom used to work at the UTC research center were they had these books with companies that are willing to donate to non profits which is what your team would probably be considered as so maybe try finding these type of books

Ashley Weed
08-08-2002, 08:40 PM
car wash, pie sales, candy sales, zap-a-snack sales, parades(win money for a good float!), sell left over t-shirts, freeze pops:mad: , 50/50

*evulish- can you think of anything I forgot?*

hmm, I would like to find a book like that!

Jon K.
08-08-2002, 09:20 PM
the name of the books are "the directory of corporate and foundation givers"
new editions come out every year i think sort of like encyclopedias
the edition we have gives like 8,000 major funding sources for non profit orgs.

edit*

i was just looking through the 98 edition one we have and it has about two pages of index with probably a 4 point font or so full of science/mathematics education donators

Ashley Weed
08-08-2002, 09:57 PM
I looked the book up on the internet. Wow! I don't think our team would even have enough money to buy the book. :)

Jon K.
08-08-2002, 10:12 PM
yah they are expensive but try looking in your local library or surronding libraries they may not let you take the book out of the library but you could jot down some possiblities

evulish
08-09-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by weedie
car wash, pie sales, candy sales, zap-a-snack sales, parades(win money for a good float!), sell left over t-shirts, freeze pops:mad: , 50/50

*evulish- can you think of anything I forgot?*

Heh...all the student-bought stuff. How many cases of soda do we go through in 6 weeks? I know I go through a few.

Freeze pops wasn't much a fund rasier...more of a fund depleter. We made more money of donations than freeze pops.

We sold dohnuts...uhh...we sold some of those buttons to that one group...we had a dance (not sure if that was this year or whatever...live band) I think thats about it...

Jon K.
08-09-2002, 06:34 PM
rage has a soda machine too that is filled with all sorts of soda and whenever we host demos it usually gets filled and then pretty much depleted of mt. dew and code red but we make some good money off that machine

Rob Ribaudo
08-09-2002, 06:54 PM
How did you get said soda machine, and how can other teams get one? Sounds like an esay way to make some money when having a demo or anyhting like that.

Jon K.
08-09-2002, 07:06 PM
i am not sure how rage got one but i know you can get them at places like sams club or other wholesaler places like bjs, etc