PDA

View Full Version : OCCRA Logo

Jeff Waegelin
10-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Does anyone have any simpler OCCRA logos than the ones posted in the gallery here? I want to use the logo for our team T-shirts, but the 3-D logos available are a little too complex. If anyone has a single-color, 2-D OCCRA logo, I'd really appreciate it.

Jeff Waegelin
10-13-2002, 06:51 PM
I was able to get the logo I needed. I just had one question: is it okay for teams to put the OCCRA logo on our T-shirts?

Mr. Mac
10-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Anyone who wishes to use the OCCRA logo may use it for their team shirts, robot, posters...etc.; just send a check for $500 to Mr. Mac at OSTCNE...

...wait; on second thought, Mr. Howard made the logo (not me), so just use it freely as your team sees fit.

Justin Howard
10-15-2002, 07:54 AM
Mac how could you even think of charging teams 500 dollars, how about 1000 : )

Jeff Waegelin
10-19-2002, 09:55 AM
I was wondering: who created the OCCRA logo, and what program did they use? I'm trying to use it on a T-shirt design, and I need what's called "vector line art" to make it work. The JPEGs posted in the gallery won't work, but if I had the original file, I might be able to do something with it.

Mike Martus
10-20-2002, 10:12 AM
Hey Mac, I want my check back. I did not know we didn't have to pay you.:mad:

Mr. Mac
10-20-2002, 11:13 PM
Justin Howard made the logo using 3D Studio Max; you can request the original from him at: justin.howard@oakland.k12.mi.us

Don't bother sending him any money: he'd just squander it anyhow.

Jim Meyer
10-21-2002, 11:07 AM
I created a 2 color (yellow and black) version for our Vinyl cutter in Autocad. It may help. I basically traced the 3-D version. Vinyl is a unique animal. There are four versions in the file. The first looks pretty good by itself. The second two are the two different colors, and the last is the two colors overlayed. I'll post another image of what the vinyl one looks like with the filled in colors.

Jim Meyer
10-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Here's a jpg of the 2 color OCCRA logo.

If you do get a good "vector line art" file could you send me a copy?

Jeff Waegelin
10-21-2002, 11:30 AM
The CAD file might help, but I'll have to get home first. The school CAD computers have restrictions preventing me from downloading the file. Maybe with that, I 'll be able to make up a vector image.

Jim Meyer
10-21-2002, 11:31 AM
http://www.es-geo.com/download/Adding_Logos_to_ER_Mapper.doc

About EPS Files
Encapsulated Postscript (EPS) files can be vector (line art), raster (image) or a combination. Vector files are preferred because they can be scaled to any print size and will always be rendered with clean lines and edges. Raster files are more common, but can look pixelated if the image is printed at a large size. Following are some guidelines for creating the EPS file for your logo you need to start with:
Vector (line art) files–These files typically are created in vector drawing programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw or AutoCAD. To create the EPS file, export or save the logo as an Encapsulated Postscript file in your drawing product, or use a program to convert it from another format such as CDR, DWG, etc. to EPS. Note that some programs create variations of EPS files that ER Mapper does not support, so make the EPS as generic as possible. Make sure your EPS file has a “.eps” file extension.

I got the above from here (http://www.es-geo.com/download/Adding_Logos_to_ER_Mapper.doc)

I'll attach an EPS version of the autocad file. (it won't let me attach the file with an EPS extension so I zipped it first)

Jeff Waegelin
10-21-2002, 10:06 PM
When I tried to open the EPS file, it converted it to a raster image. Any idea why? I'm using Paint Shop Pro 7.

Jim Meyer
10-23-2002, 10:32 AM
I don't have any idea. When exporting the DWG file to an EPS there were no options concerning raster or vector. I have had some luck with WMF's in the past I'll attach one of those.