PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Riot- Who's coming?

OneAngryDaisy
10-14-2002, 09:23 PM
After going to the Duel on the Delaware I'm all fired up about Ramp Riot- just wondering who's planning to come..

Miss Daisy's waiting for y'all- and she's a bachelorette (hint hint hint)

Mike Schroeder
10-14-2002, 09:33 PM
The Scorpion is taking a rest but will be ready for the rampriot in about 2 weeks

Ashley Weed
10-14-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by OneAngryDaisy
After going to the Duel on the Delaware I'm all fired up about Ramp Riot- just wondering who's planning to come..

Miss Daisy's waiting for y'all- and she's a bachelorette (hint hint hint)

I believe it is official that WATTNESS, team 84, will be attending the event!

.....hmmm.... Chuck is only 6, but it's never to young to go on a date!

purpledaisy
10-21-2002, 12:33 PM
woah, i'm not sure daisy should be dating so much older. Anyone know a good chaperone? daisy's about 5 years younger than chuck, so it's only appropriate.

It'll be nice to see all you guys at Ramp Riot... btw, you may need earplugs. Does anyone from Moe have any left? We're planning to be ALOT louder than Duel on the Delaware...

DAISIES ROCK!!!

dixonij
10-22-2002, 03:21 PM
Team 87 is fired up and ready to kick some booty at Ramp riot. we are still riding high off that win at the Duel on the Delaware. I have no clue how old diablo is but im sure he would burn Miss Daisy.

- Ian
now relagated back to pathetic Fundraiser chairman positon.

evulish
10-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Heh. My SAT's are schedules for Nov. 2. Suck. I already paid a late fee for them...I'm not sure if it would be even worth it taking them in December since I _hope_ I'll have my apps. already sent :P

evulish
10-22-2002, 07:48 PM
Scratch that. I'm coming :)

Expensive SAT's...sheesh. original fee + late fee + change fee. Wow. :P

Dave_222
10-22-2002, 08:21 PM
222 is coming!! I cant wiat i love mini regionals!
P.S. To team 84 i think we may be riding down in the same buss :-)

Ashley Weed
10-22-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by halo(unknown)

P.S. To team 84 i think we may be riding down in the same buss :-) [/B]

NOOOO..... buses!!!!! Baahhhh.....
/me runs and hides in my motorhome

dixonij
10-22-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by halo(unknown)
P.S. To team 84 i think we may be riding down in the same buss :-)
Wont that be a little crowded? those busses can barely hold 30 kids!
*muttering* why must they expect us to travel on things designed for 5-8 year olds

-Ian
getting over the shock of 87's Robotics Academy lesson

evulish
10-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Don't worry...we can cram our newbies into the luggage compartments and into the first couple seats. :D

Ashley Weed
10-22-2002, 08:48 PM
We don't even know how many people we may take.

Dave_222
10-22-2002, 10:59 PM
Dont wory bout it there will only be a few of us and our Newbs can ride on the roof.

evulish
10-22-2002, 11:27 PM
You let them sit on the roof of your bus? Man...you guys are too nice to your newbs. :P

purpledaisy
10-23-2002, 12:32 PM
there are too many newbies!!! they out number us veterans this year... we still mangage to scare the heck out of them. anyways... returning to work...

dixonij
10-23-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by evulish
Don't worry...we can cram our newbies into the luggage compartments and into the first couple seats. :D

That reminds me of a story from Virginia regionals last year. we have this really small girl on our team(probally less than 5 ft tall) and as a joke she decided to climb up into the overhead storage bin on out charter bus. she thought she would be up there for about 5 minutes while we waited for our advisors and some other team members to get on the bus. about 30 mins later everyone else got on the bus. our advisor started roll call. when he got to her name, she poked her head out of the bin and said "Here." it was so darn funny when she did that. everyone on the bus was laughing for a long time. she earned the nickname Luggage after that

-Ian

team222badbrad
10-23-2002, 04:42 PM
I know that I am going to RR, but I dont think I am riding on the bus with 84.

See you all there, (including all the hot chicks)

Brad

P.S. team 87 is not going to win this competition, and we are going to win because I am driving!!!!!!!!!

(I won the NANO competition at Duel on the Delaware!)

Dave_222
10-23-2002, 07:52 PM
Down boy!!! Take it easy bradly i dont wanna have to keep you on a leash at the comp.

purplehaze357
10-23-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by purpledaisy
there are too many newbies!!! they out number us veterans this year... we still mangage to scare the heck out of them. anyways... returning to work...

yes m'am...this is true....but that just means more responsibility for us vets to keep the n00bies in line..hehe...and it shows how much FIRST has grown....

anyways....357 will be there riding Jester strong...and JJ will be ready to roll across the field...

*cracks knuckles*....I am stoked ab this competition...

P.S. Jester is also single but has a kid....if thats not a problem daisy we're all cool.... ;)

Ashley Weed
10-23-2002, 08:54 PM
I forgot to mention that Chuck has a younger sister Moose. She is about 1, but that's not a problem! Any young male bots out there?

dixonij
10-23-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by team222badbrad
P.S. team 87 is not going to win this competition, and we are going to win because I am driving!!!!!!!!!

Dude we won the Duel with a rookie driver. we actually have a better driver(like they could get any better?!). just bring it so when we beat you we know you didnt give it to us. K?
GO DIABLO!!!
>:-)>

-Ian
starting to get psyched for Ramp Riot 2002(why its called that is beyond me seeing as there are no ramps in this years game...)

OZ_341
10-23-2002, 11:23 PM
Hey everyone! Make sure you are checking the thread "Ramp Riot 2002: Official Information for Students ". I will be posting important info for everyone on this site. So check it out.

evulish
10-23-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by weedie
I forgot to mention that Chuck has a younger sister Moose. She is about 1, but that's not a problem! Any young male bots out there?

You need a pimp hat.
:D

Ashley Weed
10-24-2002, 07:01 AM

You need a pimp hat.
:D

I am just trying to get my children dates. As soon as they get married they will be on their own. Oh, I will miss them so.

purpledaisy
10-24-2002, 12:31 PM
daisy has a seedling herself, so it's all good. young male robots, eh? don't know any of those... we got all girls with us here.

No one can beat Wiss's green pimp hat. It seems to make our team's guys desireable (hey, it's an improvement for them...).

ok, enough beating on the guys... i should be doing homework or something...

evulish
10-24-2002, 03:44 PM
Homework?

:P

dixonij
10-24-2002, 03:53 PM
we dont have any mini-bots. we do have a nice big extending rod on our bot. it does its job well.(when it works)
It used to have a spring loaded deployer but it broke before the duel at our newbie meeting (#%#%#%#% those newbies, they gotta know our bot has sensitive handling. They just go and ram the joystick in the direction they want to go.) we now have to jerk the bot to make it fall down.

Diablo. raising hell since the 1990's.

-ian

OneAngryDaisy
10-24-2002, 09:43 PM
It's a improvement for us, eh?... Talking smack, eh?... But I gotta agree that the hat is part of our legacy- lots of good memories come with it.

I just thought of something- we had the hat for Tom and Hephaestus but what are we gonna use about Daisy? Do we get her one of those hats with Bob Marley dreads? Or do we get her a Queen Elizabeth hat?

Mike Schroeder
10-24-2002, 10:23 PM
hats your talking about hats, well how about a 30lbs hat that has dancing hula girls on it is that enough of a pimp hat for you, evulish thats right i am pimp daddy volcano man

MissDaisyGirl
10-24-2002, 10:30 PM
:D nice graphic oneangrydaisy

ah yes, gotta love the newbies as well as all the ditzy girls that come along w/it. i just sorta haveta to shake my head sometimes and let it roll off of me.

the preparation for ramp riot is driving me crazy!

remember to bring your food cans!

Ashley Weed
10-25-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by MissDaisyGirl

ah yes, gotta love the newbies as well as all the ditzy girls that come along w/it. i

I thought that only happened to us!

purpledaisy
10-25-2002, 12:28 PM
naah the ditzy girls after all the hot techie guys come with the territory. if they last the season, they get a bit of respect, but most of em will be lucky to last a month! yeah, we've lost some already.

oh, and btw, yes, i was talking smack. whatcha gonna do about it? hmmm?
and who gets to wear the 30lb hat? love to see that!

OneAngryDaisy
10-25-2002, 03:52 PM
The worst thing about newbies-
You arrive to the 1 1/2 hour long meeting and realize that all of the chairs have been taken.

What am I going to do about it? I'll talk some smack too-

Ashley Weed
10-25-2002, 04:01 PM
At least they bother to show up.

dixonij
10-25-2002, 07:07 PM
this thread has become a major center for talking smack.
I LIKE IT!!!!!!
Its good to release all our frustrations. (222 you are NOT gonna win Ramp riot)
anyway, those darn newbies can be pretty annoying. Of course when i was a newbie, i definitely wasnt annoying ;) .

Ian
my next two Saturdays are booked!!! this weekend Homecoming, next week Ramp Riot(we're gonna win) life cant get any better than this

team222badbrad
10-25-2002, 07:53 PM
So 87 how many hours of training do your newbs have??

At the DD we sent our newbs out for 2 of the 5 matches. The two newbs we sent out both had about 15 minutes of practice prior to drive at this competition!!
(not to make fun of them)
Get this, the first match we sent them out, we started our robot backwards so we could get the goal faster and instead of pulling the joystick backwards he pushed it forwards and hit the wall.......

Neither of them totally know exactly how the game works.

Forget coaching them, (I was the coach) the first need to learn how to drive this thing, let alone tell them to go do something.

I am also glad to hear that team 222 the TIGERTRONS are part of your frustrations (whats seems to be your problem?)
IT is going to be even a bigger problem when we CRUSH you.

Maybe you should attent homecoming instead of RR....... LOL

Enough smack?

camtunkpa
10-25-2002, 07:54 PM
Hate to tell ya, but it isn't gonna be a walk in the park to beat us or even come close...... this time we are letting our scret weapon.....aka BADBRAD outta the bag!!!! He's been well prepped since he was a middle schooler and has sobe runnin through his vains....he is the force to be reckoned with! Good luck to all at Ramp Riot....can't wait to see ya there!

camtunkpa
10-25-2002, 08:04 PM
Frustrations...what seems to be troubling you....are you losing sleep....feeling on edge, or are you just not sure about yourself...
Well, step into my office I have taken a fine psychology course at Penn State and I am sure I coudl help you with any problems.....lol

dixonij
10-25-2002, 08:22 PM
thats quite alright guys
actually i only ment the smack talk to be playful
you arent part of our frustration. actually i only remember what your robot looks like. too busy with otherthings to even care about you.(sorry about the way it came out)
I have no idea how many hours Shawn (our driver) had of practice
but it was more than 15 mins. the one match we did awful in was not with Shawn at driver.
i basically am the lone voice of team 87 on these message boards. I gotta make up for my teams lack of posters.

-Ian
the lone poster from 87

dixonij
10-25-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by team222badbrad
Maybe you should attent homecoming instead of RR....... LOL

if you read it correctly it would be read as my homecoming is 10/26 and Ramp Riot is 11/2.
oh, and thats enough smack. ill stop if you stop. just bring it to Ramp Riot. that is all.

-Ian
If you see a post from team 87. It was from ME!!!

team222badbrad
10-25-2002, 08:33 PM
I was trying to tell you that homecoming was going to be your fun, instead of RR. Also if you didnt attend RR you would have 1 saturday free!!!

WE are just playing with you......

Bad Brad

Joe3
10-25-2002, 11:06 PM
Glad to see everyone made up and is all happy now. MOE is starting to gear up for Ramp Riot and is coming with a mission: to finally win a competition. We finally made it to the finals, but we got killed. We figured out how to not have that happen again though- call it counterstrategery, or at least, thats what Bush would call it. Anyway, I hope to see all of you there, and I wish you all good luck.

nuggetsyl
10-25-2002, 11:10 PM
what match ups do you want to see at ramp roit?

Joe3
10-25-2002, 11:25 PM
well, I'd like to see us go up against team 25 again.

Dave_222
10-25-2002, 11:34 PM
See what happens when im not arrount to keep you boys in check.
/me hoses cliff and brad down with cold water.

OZ_341
10-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Hey, why not take a little break from "Smack Talk" and collect some food cans for the competition. You'll win a trophy, a Home Depot card and you'll still have some time left over to complain about rookies. Just a suggestion.

Mr. O.

Ashley Weed
10-26-2002, 08:00 AM
Sorry to revisit the smack talk, but I just wanted to make a statement since I missed the posting last night due to a retched football game.

team222badbrad
So how many hours of training do you have??

Well, here at team 84 we will let you calculate the time.... driving since PARC May 2001. In addition, ranked #10 overall, (out of all divisions; 291 teams), at the 2002 Championship.

dixonij
10-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Joe3
well, I'd like to see us go up against team 25 again.

Yeah we will help 25. that would be fun. especially if the finals are the exact same matchups as DD

dixonij
10-26-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by OZ_341
Hey, why not take a little break from "Smack Talk" and collect some food cans for the competition. You'll win a trophy, a Home Depot card and you'll still have some time left over to complain about rookies. Just a suggestion.

Mr. O.

Dont worry Mr. O. I plan on bringing some food cans for your cause. I may be talking mad smack but i do care about stuff. now only if my team brought stuff...

-Ian
starting to become overwhelmed from making up the lack of posts my team does

Wayne C.
10-26-2002, 02:02 PM
the Scorpion is ready. See you all there

WC

OZ_341
10-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Hey Wayne!

I didn't see any cans of beans sitting next to that hungry scorpion. What gives?

See you there!!!

Al O.

Wayne C.
10-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Hey Al-
thats because we needed a whole other vehicle for them....

WC : )

Ashley Weed
10-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Wayne C.
the Scorpion is ready. See you all there

WC

hehehe. you are packed and ready to go, and we don't even know who from our team is going

dixonij
10-26-2002, 04:20 PM
Glad to see the Scorpion is ready for competition. that makes me all warm inside. i hope we get a chance to pair up again at ramp riot.

MissDaisyGirl
10-27-2002, 09:06 PM
ramp riot website: http://www.team341.com/rampriot.htm

have fun guys, boy some of you need to be cooled off, relax, have some fun, this is an off-season competition for a reason. i don't want to have to break up any fights at our competition, what would our school think of that?!:eek:

glad to see that someone's already packed, a little early eh? sure you don't want to fix anything up?

i have a plea for anyone out there....do any of your schools have S-video cable in long lengths? We had this great idea to send up this awesome video system in the gym b/c a lot of us on the team take our tv lab class here and thought it would be neat. unfortunately the $500 S-video cable price tag stopped us in our tracks and made us re-think some stuff. if anyone could help or offer suggestions that would be great, i know that north penn has a large tv studio bus, anyone from there read these boards?!

dixonij
10-27-2002, 09:24 PM
*going hockey style* *drops gloves and stick* what you wanna mess? huh? come here boy! *pulls shirt over opponents head* you like that huh? dont ya?

just kidding. i save that kinda stuff for the rink. it would be a waste to use it anywhere else. plus ill be to concentrated on the matches to even wanna fight.

-Ian
One of the few bright spots on a 0-3 high school JV ice hockey team

Mike Schroeder
10-27-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Wayne C.
Hey Al-
thats because we needed a whole other vehicle for them....

WC : )

what are you tryin to say, you think i will eat all the beans cause they are loaded in the back of my Bronco

OZ_341
10-27-2002, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dixonij
[B]*going hockey style* *drops gloves and stick* what you wanna mess? huh? come here boy! *pulls shirt over opponents head* you like that huh? dont ya?

There is nothing better than a hockey lovin', robotics nut.

I still drag my tired bones onto the ice at least twice a month.

We also have a few student hockey players on our team. Maybe we should start a FIRST hockey league to played in the parking lot at regionals, with a championship on Einstein Rink in FLA.

Then again, I don't think we would pass the "gracious professionalism" test.

evulish
10-28-2002, 03:38 PM
Last time I checked, contact sports and geeks didn't mix. :D If you would like to hear how much attention I pay to sports...I didn't know that the World Series was going on. When I did find out, I asked what football teams were playing. :P

OneAngryDaisy
10-28-2002, 06:32 PM
four....lousy....days

Oh the misery.. Every time I walk past that stinking gym I immediately think about what's to come..

The most incredible thing about it is the level of competition that's coming- I know for sure there's almost 10 regional champions coming - talk about being uber-competitive

Wayne C.
10-28-2002, 06:43 PM
what are you tryin to say, you think i will eat all the beans cause they are loaded in the back of my Bronco -

Mr. Volcano + beans + burning Moe Sticks= definite danger

To all my guys- don't forget to get your canned goods to Adam on Wednesday.

WC

MissDaisyGirl
10-28-2002, 07:00 PM
*puff* *puff*

no time to do homework...

no time to sleep...

no time to relax...

no time to do college apps...

no time to compile portfolio...

RAMP RIOT is coming whether i'm ready or not!!!

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :eek: :confused:

purpledaisy
10-31-2002, 12:30 PM
are you saying you don't want ramp riot to come?! TRAITOR!!!!
just kidding... i know EXACTLY how you feel. too much to do!
gym decorating...
flower making...
daisy must be checked... again... and again... and again...
ahhh!!!!
(am going crazy...)
anywho... must go... too much to do, too little chat time...

evulish
10-31-2002, 04:59 PM
Look for 2 guys wearing duct-tape suits there. One's tall. One's not <-- he's the coolest person ever. Ohh yeah...one of them shall be me...guess which one :P (provided I finish...I have this evening and a few hours tomorrow to do it...)

MissDaisyGirl
10-31-2002, 05:31 PM
i want to see those duct-tape suit people! i'll look for ya!

Ashley Weed
10-31-2002, 06:20 PM
wearing duct-tape suits there

- just make sure you can wear your floor team shirt over it!!!

evulish
10-31-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by weedie

- just make sure you can wear your floor team shirt over it!!!

Haha...no way that's happening. I can barely move my arms with the coat :D Who knew duct tape was so stiff... :D

OZ_341
11-01-2002, 12:28 AM
Don't forget to check the most recent post to the Official Ramp Riot Thread.

Also, our website ( team341.com ) has recent information on such topics as Human Player Game rules, directions to WHS, etc.

It's almost SHOWTIME!!!!!

Mr. O.

Ashley Weed
11-01-2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by OZ_341

It's almost SHOWTIME!!!!!

......I don't feel so good.........:(

OneAngryDaisy
11-01-2002, 07:47 PM
finally... two straight days of setting up...

hey evulish- awesome idea.. i would do that too but we used up five or six rolls of duct tape today.. (don't worry- none of it is on the field)

ten hours until prelims..

MissDaisyGirl
11-01-2002, 09:00 PM
well 341 is done setting up the field with the help of many volunteers of course. boy that took awhile. i must say that this year is a very nice set-up: nifty signs, better decorations, better eating area, etc. me and my counterparts in the a/v dept. even rigged us up a nifty video system with whatever we could scrounge up from our tv lab. its spiffy tho :-) hope everyone is ready tomorrow and no one gets lost or somethin comin! be prepared for a fun filled day!

and even tho its only 9pm i must go to bed now, b/c i have to wake up at 5am, and i live 15 min away! waaaaaaahhhhhhhh.......last minute details.

(hope that dj of ours plays better music this yr....grumble)

evulish
11-02-2002, 02:44 AM
Oh wow. 5am. Man...you have to get up early. Oh yeah, did I mention I've been up since 5am FRIDAY!?!?!?! *_yawn_* No sleep untill Sunday! Yaaaaay...can't sleep on buses. Must...find...Penguin Mints...