PDA

View Full Version : Just a little something i threw together...

Nate Smith
10-23-2002, 08:52 AM
Let me know what you think...

http://68.61.111.251:6000/occra/

Gadget470
10-23-2002, 09:13 AM
SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info.

b0rked.

Nate Smith
10-23-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Gadget247

b0rked.

Appears to be something related to if I have the database open for editing the actual scoring code behind it. So, if you get that error, just try back later...

Gadget470
10-23-2002, 09:57 AM
Aye Aye, Cap'n.

Works now, only stipulation is their is no 'Back' button to go back to the regional list from the specific regionals. (Besides browser's back button)

Jim Meyer
10-23-2002, 10:17 AM
Nate,

Will this be updated during the competitions? The LIVE logo led me to believe that was you plan.

If so, veeerrrrryyyy cool!

Nate Smith
10-23-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Jim Meyer
Nate,

Will this be updated during the competitions? The LIVE logo led me to believe that was you plan.

If so, veeerrrrryyyy cool!

Currently, there is unfortunately not a plan to make this data updated live during the events, due to a lack of ability for a live internet connection. Also, the system is currently running on my home system's cable connection, and since historically my system has been the one running the code at the event sites, the IP would not be accurate. However, if a way is found to get at least a phone line connection at each event site, I can set up a system which would push the data back to a server box. The current 'Live' indication was more of an indicator that the system is directly tied to the scoring database, rather than static pages generated at the push of a button. However, if there is a demand, I can make this system available via a WiFi network at most, if not all event sites.

Gadget470
10-23-2002, 10:17 PM
at the Berkley regional we can arrange a ethernet line to be run (probably).

Since the competition is in the gym, i'm not sure where the closest connection would be

DanLevin247
10-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Gadget, If I'm not mistaken, the west gym is where the event will be held, if so, an ethernet line could possibly be run to the gynastics area behind the second floor of bleachers, i think there is a phone and ethernet port there.

Gadget470
10-24-2002, 10:17 PM
Yea, and if not, you can bring in some WiFi. Contact me and I'll get you additional information about the network and what you may need