PDA

View Full Version : Limited seat-saving at the competition?

Rich Wong
11-01-2002, 10:18 AM
Rumor:
Limited seat-saving at the competition?

Too many "good" seats saved for teammates and not enough
for general public. So "some" regionals are
considering limited seat-saving by large teams.

hum....
:rolleyes:

Amy Beth
11-01-2002, 10:26 AM
what if they had separate sections, such as the seats closest to the field saved for visitors, and then have the higher up seats marked that teams can reserve them.

sidewinder
11-01-2002, 02:19 PM
who needs seats make your whole team pit spies...............

Redhead Jokes
11-01-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by sidewinder
who needs seats make your whole team pit spies...............

*chuckle*

Last year I persisted in saving our 3 rows.

This year we plan, for the first time, to have our team very busy behind scenes, and was pondering that I won't need to save three rows.

However I plan to have as much knowledge as I can about families, alumni, school officials, sponsors that are coming and we've made it clear we'll save them seats and take care of them.

evulish
11-01-2002, 02:27 PM
At J&J, they requested no seat-reserving...yeah...like that happened. Each team basically had one person camping in a spot that could hold 30 people :P We tried to follow the rules...but we lost our seats...so we got other ones :P (Not that I would really care...I was only sitting in the stands for like 20 minutes :P...the rest of the time was cheering, working, or sleeping in the pits)

AdamT
11-01-2002, 04:26 PM
At VCU for the last two years, officials went around removing any tape or banners that could be used to save seats...it works...

CAD-Demigod45
11-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Spots get taken most of the time whether reserved or not, so why even bother?

Redhead Jokes
11-07-2002, 09:13 PM
mine didn't.
This year I've promised reserved seats to school superintendents, sponsors...I'll be vigilant again looking to take care of them.
However, for the first year since we've had a team, we'll finally have our act together and the team too busy to sit down.

dixonij
11-08-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by AdamT
At VCU for the last two years, officials went around removing any tape or banners that could be used to save seats...it works...

the way we got around that last year is to have everyone put their stuff in the seats. spread it out like every 2nd seat and you should have enough seats for everyone. they arent gonna tell you to move your stuff. just along as someone is around to watch the stuff

chellyzee93
12-07-2002, 10:18 AM
We saved enough seats for our team, but always welcomed other teams to sit with us, so it worked out well

Trashed20
12-07-2002, 11:33 AM
last year we had an incident with seat saving at the Grand Rapids Regional. We had had a row of seats for the previous day, and a team (which will go un metioned) was sitting the row next to us. The next day when the competition was oppened mentor told students to run and steal our seats, which they did. We basically swapped seats, they covered over our bannor, and were very rude saying "this is our territory now" The one mentor said she felt very bad about stealing our seats, but she wasn't going to move.

Anarkissed
12-09-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Trashed20
last year we had an incident with seat saving at the Grand Rapids Regional. We had had a row of seats for the previous day, and a team (which will go un metioned) was sitting the row next to us. The next day when the competition was oppened mentor told students to run and steal our seats, which they did. We basically swapped seats, they covered over our bannor, and were very rude saying "this is our territory now" The one mentor said she felt very bad about stealing our seats, but she wasn't going to move.

Ahh yes i do recall this occaision at west michigan...