PDA

View Full Version : Operator Interface Heads Up

Madison
12-07-2002, 10:16 PM
Okay, I've been putting off or otherwise talking myself out of making this thread for awhile, but I see that it may need to get mentioned after all. . .

So, just consider this a friendly public service announcement. If you're already aware of this, ignore it.

The Operator Interface that teams received packed inside their EduRobot is the operator interface for the 2003 season. There will not be a second Operator Interface in your 2003 Kit of Parts.

Take good care of it.

This is mentioned in very small print on some of the documentation included in the EduRobot. My team missed it at first, and I have seen that lots of other people seem to have missed it, too.

Mike Schroeder
12-08-2002, 11:29 AM
Thanks M

My team was thinking that that was this years control system.

RebAl
12-08-2002, 03:41 PM
Its not your whole control system just the OI part

Elgin Clock
12-08-2002, 09:28 PM
Awwww.... my heart almost stopped with anticipation!!

When I first read this tread title, I thought you were announcing from a source that FIRST was going to send us a H.U.D. or Heads Up Display for our drivers.
Darn this english language and my misunderstanding of it all!!!!

Madison
12-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Elgin Clock
Awwww.... my heart almost stopped with anticipation!!

When I first read this tread title, I thought you were announcing from a source that FIRST was going to send us a H.U.D. or Heads Up Display for our drivers.
Darn this english language and my misunderstanding of it all!!!!

When I used to play soccer, we'd yell 'heads up' whenever someone was in danger of getting in the head with something.

I guess getting hit in the face is better, somehow.

Sorry. :)

AlbertW
12-10-2002, 11:14 PM
funny soccer thing: whever I used to play, people on our team would always rush with decisions on where to pass to, ESPECIALLY me, and no matter what they said, i'd never listen...

...but what they did was, they'd always yell "time!" which was supposed to mean that we had more time to look around, etc, before someone from the other team got here and took the ball. i always took that to meant "time out," so i'd take a second to look up, see that the game was still very much not timed out, and actually get a good look at what was going on so i could pass the ball to the right place...

wow, talk about off topic...

side note: (less side than the above) what're "f1," "f2," "f3," and "f4" on the Op interface?

Nate Smith
12-11-2002, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Aonic
side note: (less side than the above) what're "f1," "f2," "f3," and "f4" on the Op interface?

In previous years, F1-F4 were 4 externally accessable fuses that could be replaced in the event of a fault at the OI causing them to blow. With the 2003 series 4 digit versions, according to the Innovation First Documentation, these fuses are no longer external.

From http://www.innovationfirst.com/FIRSTRobotics/pdfs/Operator_Interface_Reference_Guide.pdf
The 4-digit Operator Interfaces do not have external fuses that can be replaced. The external fuses were
removed to prevent accidental damage to the fuses, which prevented the Operator Interface from
functioning properly. The 4-digit Operator Interfaces have 1 internal fuse F1, and 3 internal auto
resetting circuit breakers F2 F4. In the unlikely event that a short occurs, the corresponding LED will
be illuminated. In the case of the F1 Main LED being illuminated, an internal short has occurred and the
unit must be returned to Innovation First for repair. In the case of F2 F4, the LED will illuminate
showing a short condition exists. Check your wiring for shorts or incorrect pin connections.