PDA

View Full Version : Multiple files usage

punarhero
01-12-2003, 02:23 AM
Hi,
I wanted to make three different files- 2 autonomous mode files and one user file- and upload all three into the robot controller.
What I am planning to do is call 1 file by pressing a trigger button, and the other by pressing the top button on the joystick.

I wanted to ask you guys how to upload all three files and have on file call the others. The problem is if I run the user file first, then any other files, the other files will over write the user file.

Please help me resolve this problem

Greg Ross
01-12-2003, 09:30 AM
This is covered in the BASIC Stamp Programming Manual, available at parallax.com.

It has also come up here on CD. (Do a search!) Here is one such thread. (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15468&highlight=%24STAMP)

Morgan Jones
01-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by punarhero
What I am planning to do is call 1 file by pressing a trigger button, and the other by pressing the top button on the joystick.

This will not work. The robot starts in autonomous mode, and during that time the processor will receive no input from the OI. Therefore, it would not know which or even if one of the buttons was pressed. You could, however, have switches on the robot itself that would be read as digital sensor inputs.