PDA

View Full Version : How important is it to register in this forum?

Ken Leung
06-12-2001, 08:25 AM
At the bottom of the main page it shows how many people are viewing the page, and shows the name the ones willing to show their names...

It makes we wonder... what's the reason why people won't want to register for an account in this place? Why do they want to remain as guests?

I would think that people want to register because there are so much more they can do as a registered person... Tracking the forums, private messages...

Also, why do people don't want to show their name when they are reading the forum? Are there some special reasons that make people conservative about this sort of thing?

Frankly, I am interested to know who's reading the forum when I am reading it at the same time... kind of makes me feel less lonely in front of the computer.

What do people thing? Is it a good idea to register? Why do you choose you show your name when you visit the forum?

Matt Leese
06-12-2001, 08:36 AM
I think the most important reason for registering is so that you can post. People who don't register, don't post (or aren't logged in yet, which is another possibility). It just represents your level of commitment. Some people just look at the forums randomly, some of us read it regularly.

Matt who waits for anyone to guess what category he falls into ;)

Karl
06-12-2001, 11:35 AM
Ooh! Ooh! I know! You just read it randomly, don't you, matt?

Carolyn Duncan
06-12-2001, 03:32 PM
Most of the time I don't log-in right away. I usually check to see if there's new stuff up yet before I log-in. I know what you mea though about wondering who's not logged-in. I check all the time because it feels like I know people.
C~ya,
Carolyn

Brandon Martus
06-12-2001, 03:33 PM
logging in at first will ease your search of new posts.
when you log in, the system will know when you last were on, and the unread posts will stand out a bit easier...

mike o'leary
06-12-2001, 03:52 PM
i get logged in automatically when i come here...

mike who reads cd randomlly like matt

A. Leese
06-12-2001, 09:14 PM
I'm surprised that I'm still the only person from my team to register for these new forums. Warren (one of our engineers) used to post often. I guess he's just busy and hasn't looked at them lately. Mr Higgins (our teacher) said that he often comes and reads what the boards have to say, but always feels like he has no reason or shouldn't post. I guess he's just unsure as to whether everyone else wants to hear his opinion. I told him that if everyone is willing to let me post my strang ideas then he, an adult, would much more easily be "accepted" on these forums. Just some thoughts..

~Angela who is no longer afraid at all to share her thoughts or ideas