PDA

View Full Version : aeronautical engineering

Erics626
01-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Where is a good school to go for aeronautical engineering?

tbmantia
01-28-2003, 05:39 PM
University of Missouri-Rolla-UMR we are in the top 5 engineering schools in the country and we are currently building a new AE/ME building. We have the latest technologies and a great student to teacher ratio around 10 to 1. Also we are 100 miles away from St. Louis, which means Boeing is close by. check out the website http://web.umr.edu/~maeem/ and go to the prospective students. I am the president of the UMR Robotics Team and we have done the competition the past 2 years and plan to do more. Check us out.

adamoneDB04
01-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Try to go to Purdue University. They have a really good engineering school. Try to get a scholarship to go there. They have a very nice campus also.

MBiddy
01-28-2003, 06:17 PM
University of Michigan Ann Arbor. Weeeeehoooooo!

ttedrow
01-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Purdue University has graduated more astronauts than any other school.

GO Boilers

KC10Extender
02-06-2003, 06:25 PM
I would suggest that anyone looking for a good place to study aeronautical engineering to look at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach Flordia and Prescott Arizona. Its engineering program is great as well as their other aviation related classes. It's a little high priced but with a little help from a scholarship or ROTC it is deffinently worth looking into.

BionicAlumni
02-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by KC10Extender
I would suggest that anyone looking for a good place to study aeronautical engineering to look at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach Flordia and Prescott Arizona. Its engineering program is great as well as their other aviation related classes. It's a little high priced but with a little help from a scholarship or ROTC it is deffinently worth looking into.

I have a ton of friends that go to riddle in AZ. This school is VERY VERY good, but like you said VERY VERY pricey. You get what you pay for I guess.

Brian_T
02-06-2003, 09:02 PM
I was accepted to ERAU for this fall. Right now its just a waiting game to see what
Clarkson University will give me if i get accepted. I would suggest either of these schools
as they both are excellent. The biggest plus for Clarkson is their FIRST team.

Go 229!!

Tom Fairchild
02-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Georgia Tech, all the way!! Ranked number 2 in Aerospace Engineering by US News, plus its located in the smack middle of Atlanta while still having a traditional campus. Great school, better engineering, and frankly, I love it. PM me if you want any more information.

~Tom Fairchild~

f22flyboy
02-12-2003, 10:22 PM
I've gotten into Ga Tech, Embry-Riddle Daytona Beach, and Virginia Tech, but I'm still waiting on AFROTC. I have no idea what one I want to go to though :confused:

Cipher X
02-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Hey guys i know this is kinda off topic
but, i was jsut wondering where u guys eventually planned on working anybody have any company or organization already set in their minds?

Cipher X

f22flyboy
02-18-2003, 06:33 PM
The USAF or Lockheed-Martin

Cipher X
02-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Hey Guys,

Those of you interested in Embry Riddle i know this is kinda late but maybe you can show this to juniors or sophomores on ur team that is interested in going to Embry Riddle. http://www.computing.db.erau.edu/computing/news/contest/ They hold a programming contest every year with some scholarships. But this is only good for those of you who are some where in the southeast{well only really good for those in florida}. "Top four programmers in the competition will receive total cash prizes of $4000.00 and Embry-Riddle Scholarships depending on their ranks" that is from their site. I am personally looking more into University of Florida. I can get my dual degree in Aerospace/Mechanical, plus both my brothers go there so... so i can kinda get an apartment with them and not worry about a dorm....

yeah i hope to eventually work for Lockheed or Nasa {Or some other space agency} I still have the ISRO {Indian Space Research Organization www.isro.org }in mind.

Cipher X