PDA

View Full Version : optimum sensing distance for sensors

DaveG702
01-31-2003, 06:34 PM
Can anyone tell me what the mimimal sensing distance for the optical sensors is?

Dave:cool:

Jeff_Rice
01-31-2003, 06:37 PM
They are optimized for 1 meter(believe it or not). Our team looked them up in a book on sensors(disclaimer this information was gleaned several weeks ago. My memor is not the best). However, I think the minimum distance is however close you can get whatever to the sensor.

Lloyd Burns
01-31-2003, 08:12 PM
The range is affected by the reflectivity of the target (these sensors can spot tape at 15 feet, but cannot see my hand at four inches when set to detect a white paper on a red broadloom at 5 inches.

Al Skierkiewicz
01-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Check here for a full description, but you will see that the sensor can operate out to 20 feet. The diameter of the sense changes with distance but at less than 5 feet the beam diameter is less than 50mm. Remember that this type is designed to be used with a retroreflective target so any other target material will affect response. There is also a gain control on the side of the sensor that you can adjust if the sensitivity is high. Check this at the Banner website.

Part # Qs18Vn6LV
http://www.bannerengineering.com/pdf/63689.pdf