PDA

View Full Version : Stamp Plot Lite

Adrian Wong
01-13-2002, 09:51 AM
Is it possible to use this software with the InnovationFIRST control system?

If not, are there any good methods to track the data supplied from the robot controller over a period of time?

nwagers
01-13-2002, 07:05 PM
I believe that Innovation FIRST has some radios you can purchase that will hook up to the debug port. You can use those and write a small interface in C++ or VB that gets packets from the com port. The packets are 26 bytes in size and the format is explained on the site. You can also use the programming software but it's outputs aren't as good as they can be. I do not know if the stamp plot lite will work with the FIRST firmware.

bigqueue
01-13-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by nwagers
I believe that Innovation FIRST has some radios you can purchase that will hook up to the debug port. You can use those and write a small interface in C++ or VB that gets packets from the com port. The packets are 26 bytes in size and the format is explained on the site. You can also use the programming software but it's outputs aren't as good as they can be. I do not know if the stamp plot lite will work with the FIRST firmware.

How aboput using the data that is streaming from the dashboard interface?

This seems like a good place to gather data and statistics about what is going on.

-Quentin

AWiser
01-13-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by bigqueue

How aboput using the data that is streaming from the dashboard interface?

This seems like a good place to gather data and statistics about what is going on.

-Quentin

They have a program that you can use for reading data from the Dashboard port. You can get it at: http://www.innovationfirst.com/FIRSTRobotics/pdfs/DashboardViewerV1.1.zip

Joe Ross
01-15-2002, 12:08 AM
The stamp plot works by reading a specific pattern from a set of debug statements. It works fine with the FIRST control system.