View Full Version : Image Discuss: TechnoKat Teaser #3

CD47-Bot
02-04-2003, 08:17 PM
[cdm-description=photo]14671[/cdm-description]

Dima
02-04-2003, 08:19 PM
i like it very much!

i like the idea of not wasting a second actuator to switch gears

i wonder what could those 2 "platforms" on the sides be for (you can clearly see one and the begining of the other)

Joe Matt
02-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Dima
i like it very much!

i like the idea of not wasting a second actuator to switch gears

i wonder what could those 2 "platforms" on the sides be for (you can clearly see one and the begining of the other)

Their not platforms, their tank treads.

Clark Gilbert
02-04-2003, 08:42 PM
He's talking about the things pointing straight up that look like a "T"

I'm not sure what those are for ;)

Joe Matt
02-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Clark Gilbert
He's talking about the things pointing straight up that look like a "T"

I'm not sure what those are for ;)

Oh, that thing....

That's probably the stand for the super-duper-really-cool-shinny thing, and eveyone know what THAT does.... :rolleyes: :p

rbayer
02-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Am I blind, or did you guys decide not to go with all 3 motors? I see the Chips and the Drills easily enough, but the FPs are nowhere to be seen!

Also, where did you guys get those nifty Delrin(?) Brecoflex pulleys from? They look really cool and I'd guess are much cheaper/lighter than the beasts from Brecoflex.

Cory
02-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Cheaper!!! har...plz. Clark said they costed somethign like $1500(i think?) for all of them. I dunno how much the brecoflex ones cost, but i dont think its that much

Cory

Andy Baker
02-05-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by rbayer
Am I blind, or did you guys decide not to go with all 3 motors? I see the Chips and the Drills easily enough, but the FPs are nowhere to be seen!

Also, where did you guys get those nifty Delrin(?) Brecoflex pulleys from? They look really cool and I'd guess are much cheaper/lighter than the beasts from Brecoflex.

Rob, you have a keen eye. But... if you look closely at the gearbox nearest to the camera, there is a spot for the F-P motor. We figure that by adding the F-P motor, it will give us about 18.62553% more power. So, we've got that going for us, which is nice.

The Delrin pulleys were made from 10" long Delrin pulley stock. We made piles of white stringy stuff... which we stuffed inside of the "super-duper-really-cool-shinny thing".

Currently, we plan to use our F-P motors to spin the "super-duper-really-cool-shinny thing" at about 1,000 rpm, and everybody knows what that is going to do.

So... our big dilemma is how we are going to use these F-P motors. Do we go for more power or do we spin the "super-duper-really-cool-shinny thing"?

We are currently developing a motor cloning machine that replicates these kit motors while making them all legal to use on our robot. All we need to do is take a metal shaving from the housing of the motor, put it into the machine, pour in some Mt. Dew... and voila... another legal motor!

Andy B.

Beast314
02-05-2003, 09:21 AM
Once again my hat goes off to the techno drive. If only we had the time and resources to manufacture such a design. I'll be sure to take a real close look at it in St. L.

T967
02-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Techno Kats-1st question:how much dew do you consume? 2nd question:Are you going to st. louis again? third: nice transmission Fourth: If you are going to st. louis, Did you notice how many rookie teams are there, again. We were last year but we thought it would die down after that. Take a look even if you aren't going to st.louis, about half the teams are 2 year teams or less. This is not bad, just odd that so many rookies sign up for the SLR.

D.J. Fluck
02-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by T967

Techno Kats-1st question:how much dew do you consume?
Not much, we live in a town with a coca-cola bottling plant, and the nice guys keep a coke machine filled up for us, so mostly we drink coke products. (Note, Technokats is one word ;))

2nd question:Are you going to st. louis again?
Again? We didn't go to St Louis last year. This year we are signed up for it though.

third: nice transmission
Thanks

Fourth: If you are going to st. louis, Did you notice how many rookie teams are there, again. We were last year but we thought it would die down after that. Take a look even if you aren't going to st.louis, about half the teams are 2 year teams or less. This is not bad, just odd that so many rookies sign up for the SLR.

Yes

T967
02-06-2003, 10:58 AM
Again?
We didn't go to St Louis last year. This year we are signed up for it though.2nd question:Are you going to st. louis again?

Yeah I thought y'all went last year. There is a team that we went into the finals with that was called the Wild Kats. The K threw me off. By the way St. louis is very cool. It's a Arena, but they have ice so they put down the flooring like they had at nationals last year. Cold on the bum if you sit on the floor to long. Oh, and the arena staff is really up tight about bringing your own bevrages in so hid them well or use theirs. If you have any other questions about st. louis go ahead and ask away.

David Kelly
02-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by T967
Again?
We didn't go to St Louis last year. This year we are signed up for it though.2nd question:Are you going to st. louis again?

Yeah I thought y'all went last year. There is a team that we went into the finals with that was called the Wild Kats. The K threw me off. By the way St. louis is very cool. It's a Arena, but they have ice so they put down the flooring like they had at nationals last year. Cold on the bum if you sit on the floor to long. Oh, and the arena staff is really up tight about bringing your own bevrages in so hid them well or use theirs. If you have any other questions about st. louis go ahead and ask away.

umm..... http://www.usfirst.org/frc/map/FMPro?-db=team%20events.fp5&-lay=web&-format=team_list.htm&event=MO&event%20year=2003&status=signed%20up&-sortfield=team%20id&-max=all&-find

jon virgi
04-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Where did you guys buy that delrin pulley stock, and how did you make the treads, and where do you buy that kind of stuff?

Andy Baker
04-07-2003, 12:09 AM
The pulleys and belts were purchased from FN Sheppard. This company is a competitor of Brec-o-flex.

We bought delrin pulley stock and our students made the wheels on a lathe.

Andy B.