PDA

View Full Version : Image Discuss: Team 271

CD47-Bot
02-07-2003, 11:52 AM
[cdm-description=photo]14709[/cdm-description]

Cory
02-07-2003, 11:54 AM
hrrrmmm
/me thinks that that bot is just a prototype. COuld the real bot be on the left where you can see a wheel and frame of some sort?

Cory

Sarah Williams
02-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Is it just me, or does it look like there's blood on the front? Dude, who'd you run over???

EIROBOTICS86
02-07-2003, 04:30 PM
That robot next to it is last years bot

Madison
02-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by EIROBOTICS86

No, it's not.

EIROBOTICS86
02-07-2003, 04:39 PM
yes

Chubtoad
02-07-2003, 04:39 PM

The one next to it is not a previous years bot

Originally Posted by Sarah Williams
Is it just me, or does it look like there's blood on the front? Dude, who'd you run over???

haha no blood, I think it was oil from something or other

Originally posted by Cory
hrrrmmm
/me thinks that that bot is just a prototype. COuld the real bot be on the left where you can see a wheel and frame of some sort?

Very interesting proposal....... all I'm saying is that the caption applies to both of the bots in the picture :D

....We're just simple clam diggers from Long Island....... hehe

EIROBOTICS86
02-07-2003, 04:40 PM
It looks Like last years bot

fast frank
02-08-2003, 12:32 AM

that is not last years robot

AJ Quick
02-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Lets argue with the people who are on the team, why don't we?

I find it hard to believe someone could say if it is the robot from just a tiny section. I think these posts should be removed so the discussion of 271's robot can continue.

I think it looks good, but what other parts are you guys planing to have? Will it just be a ramming bot that knocks down all the stacks? Effective... yes.

Chubtoad
02-08-2003, 12:54 PM

Not exactly, because last years bot had the wheels in the center of the bot not on the corner, and the wheels were totally different, and we had alumnium "bumpers" on it.

Originally posted by AJ Quick
what other parts are you guys planing to have? Will it just be a ramming bot that knocks down all the stacks? Effective... yes.

It will not just be a ramming bot, but from the tests we did yesterday on our ramp (which we had to drag in from outside with 6 inches of snow on it) It should be an amazing powerhouse. We will be able to push bots, ram boxes, and pick up stacks, depending on the size of the stack we have protection so it is less likely to tip over. We also have a ramp-stayer-on-er device:p Oh and no matter what, we always have our wheels on the surface of field/ramp .... except for when we launch over the ramp :ahh:

We never knew you could sheer keyways until yesterday:D

I can't wait for competition!!!!

EIROBOTICS86
02-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Frankie

Ken Leung
02-09-2003, 08:42 PM
How about wait till the robot is completed, which from the picture you will need 7 all-nighters and 50 gallon of coffee to get it done, and have a dicussion about the actual robot?