PDA

View Full Version : Darwin awards... For Advisers!

Firewolf
02-11-2003, 05:23 PM
I know there are many threads going around about how KIDS do stupid stuff, but I was wondering about advisers?

I don't want to say you need to demean them, but come on, you know that they've done stupid things at some point or others...

like our very own adviser of team 25 *ahem*Wayne C. *caugh* as a child had done some
... lets say crazy things
I won't post them up right now - I just want to know if any of your stories can beat his ...
and i would just like to know if he would willingly put his own stories up here...:p

Wetzel
02-11-2003, 07:41 PM
Tell your mechEs that plugging the 9V drill battery into the 12V battery charger dosn't charge the batter faster, it only lets the magic smoke out faster.

Or..heh, I'm going to stop until I live farther away from Dave.

Wetzel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H:\Erasure\Other People's Songs\Erasure - 04 - Everyday.mp3

Joe Matt
02-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Our mentors and advisors are smart. It's the kids that are stupid. Like a certain someone who wanted to pull apart a power converter and the celeing to look for an industrial grade plug for a welder.

MissInformation
02-11-2003, 10:03 PM
Well, if he reads this, I'll be in trouble, but since he rarely visits the chit chat section, I think I'm safe... This happened last year at nationals. The flight to Florida was a short flight, but getting to the hotel was a hassle. We finally got to our hotel room and the first thing Eric does is head to the bathroom while I flopped onto the bed. A little bit later, Eric emerges from the bathroom in just his underwear. From my sprawled out position on the bed, I drawled out "Ummm Eric, you do realize the curtain's open, don't you?" I didn't know he could move that fast! And I laughed so hard I rolled right off of the bed!

MissInformation

<============>
Who may just end up sleeping on the couch tonight for this one...

Harrison
02-11-2003, 10:29 PM
One of our teachers has a tendancy to fall asleep during meetings/construction/testing/etc......It's kinda wierd, we'll all talking, then we hear snoring....lol