PDA

View Full Version : pic: Cyber Blue 234's flailer

CD47-Bot
03-09-2003, 12:13 AM
[cdm-description=photo]15243[/cdm-description]

Clark Gilbert
03-09-2003, 12:16 AM
David, this robot is AWESOME!

If we can keep our robot from dieing we would be great partners, you knock em over and we sweep em over.

After talking to you Friday night when I was in St. Louis I had a feeling it would all work out. Hopefully you guys can make it to Chicago (PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?! :D ;) ). There wasnt anything close to this in St. Louis and I'm looking really forward to seeing it in action.

David Brinza
03-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Very slick!

I was able to watch the webcast of the last qualification round match for Team 234 in the VCU regional. It looked like their arm made contact with the wall of bins within about 2 seconds from the start of autonomous mode. It took maybe another 5 - 6 seconds to finish pushing the wall down.

These times are comparable to those of our telecoping arm. With our 13 foot reach, we can hit the bins on the far side of the ramp. We've posted a picture of our robot using the arm in its stowed position:

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18560

In the next day or two, we plan to post a movie showing an early test of the arm in autonomous mode at our team website:

http://www.team980.com/

I see that Team 234 will be at the AZ Regional - maybe there'll be an "arm wrestling" match between our robots!!
:D

Joe Matt
03-09-2003, 10:41 AM
An arm wrestling match, much like Sparky 3 vs. MOEhawk at VCU last year?

Anyway, I'm gald you guys got it to work now. It was great to see it along with 343 and 616 nock down all the bins.

Yan Wang
03-09-2003, 10:44 AM
I saw the robot in action and I was amazed. Very nice.

One question: Did any lowrider bots just drive backwards in auto and ram you?

Gadget470
03-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Their Start->Wall was about 4 seconds. I remember one team contacted the wall at the same time their arm did. Their arm was overpowered by the bot and the wall fell against them. (I can't remember positively but I think that it was 343, Metal in Motion)

It's a neat idea, and I'm glad it didn't get broken (which I kind of expected to happen :eek:)

Brant Bowen
03-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Our arm was doing great until that final match against Metal in Motion, they went pretty speedy up the ramp came through the wall and collided with our arm. I think for a mintue the arm was stuck on the sail but we broke free with little damage to the arm.

That same match their partner lined up in posistion to ram us, but i don't think the autonomous program worked.

Anyways we are working fine and will be ready to go in Phoenix next weekend.

Ryan Dognaux
03-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Gadget470
Their Start->Wall was about 4 seconds. I remember one team contacted the wall at the same time their arm did. Their arm was overpowered by the bot and the wall fell against them. (I can't remember positively but I think that it was 343, Metal in Motion)

It's a neat idea, and I'm glad it didn't get broken (which I kind of expected to happen :eek:)

Yes it was indeed 343, and I believe we hit the stacks at nearly the exact same moment... from where I was that's what I saw anyways. 343's sail took 3 or so stacks and we took 2 I believe... an excellent match up :)

And nope, we aren't broken :) We're ready to go at pheonix!!! woo! :)

David Kelly
03-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Video of this match against 343 can be viewed on our website here: http://www.cyberblue234.com/downloads.html This match is Video 1 at that link. :cool:

LoganB
03-09-2003, 03:55 PM
I have to say great bot 234 remember us 435 well I hope we see you guys again at nationals also best of luck to ya at AZ :)

Mr. Ivey
03-09-2003, 04:39 PM
I have to say that Cyber Blue 234's flailer was quite impressive at the VCU Regional. When I first saw it I was nervous for my teams bot Sparky, But unfortunately never got to see the two compete. That bot is a mean machine, the only problem that could ever arrive with it is if another team were to go up the ramp the same time the arm was swinning around, and Cyber Blue would get knocked over. But this robot is a very good piece of enginering and design.
~Mr. Ivey

Ryan Dognaux
03-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately we will not be at nationals, but we will be at Arizona and the Midwest Regional, so look for us there!

and thanks Mr. Ivey! I must say that Sparkey is an excellent robot too, too bad we didn't get paired together during any matches... that would have been great :) Good luck in your other competitions this year!

Ryan Dognaux
03-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Edit to previous message: We will be at nationals now, and not the Midwest Regional.