PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for Annapolis hosts & all

Ben Mitchell
03-15-2003, 10:21 PM
I think that the folks that helped put on the Annapolis Regional deserved a round of applause.

The venue was excellent: the Naval Academy was perfect! The food was good, the pits were located in a great location to the field, and there was plenty of space.

I'd particularly like to thank the judges and referees: they had their hands full with a couple *really* close matches.

I'd also like to thank team 836 and team 316: we made a great alliance, and it was fun while it lasted.

I hope team 303 can go to this regional next year: it was great, and I had a really fun time.

Thank you all for an exciting and fun regional.

--Ben Mitchell

Joe3
03-15-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Ben Mitchell
I think that the folks that helped put on the Annapolis Regional deserved a round of applause.

The venue was excellent: the Naval Academy was perfect! The food was good, the pits were located in a great location to the field, and there was plenty of space.

I'd particularly like to thank the judges and referees: they had their hands full with a couple *really* close matches.

I'd also like to thank team 836 and team 316: we made a great alliance, and it was fun while it lasted.

I hope team 303 can go to this regional next year: it was great, and I had a really fun time.

Thank you all for an exciting and fun regional.

--Ben Mitchell

As for the close call, there was one that was particulary close. In the last match of the quarterfinals between 314, 165, and 858 vs 836, 303, and 316. at the end of the match, GeroniMOE dropped his stack, and proceded to run up the ramp. WE got blocked a few tries, but on our last charge, we wedged ourselves on the top with one spinning in the air as time expired. As it turns out, our tread came loose and part of it was barely touching the ramp, but we made them take out a piece of paper to test it. We held our breath, and came out on top 69-68. It was one heck of a match. Great job you guys.

Wayne C.
03-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Team 25 wishes to second that thanks to the Annapolis organizers and crew. It was a great event and we certainly had a good time.

Also congrats to all the winners. The competition was fierce and the robots were great. Never a dull moment.

What a great start for the new regional!!

WC :cool: