PDA

View Full Version : animations

Andrew Dahl
05-31-2001, 06:01 PM
we are looking for all animations that teams made for the 2001 comp to have in a common area so that all teams may get a chancve to take a look at the awesome stuff you guys are making

is there enough interest to attempt this??

dahl

Joe Ross
06-01-2001, 12:47 AM
You should get a video with from autodesk with all the team's animations on it. If I remember correctly, we got last year's video sometime near the begining of the school year.

Andrew Dahl
06-01-2001, 07:43 AM
I have that video- but I am confused only a half dozen teams created animations

i really though there were more!!!

oh well- the ones that they had on the video were awesome
especially the one with the croc hunter guy

dahl

Ben Piecuch
06-01-2001, 08:10 AM
Last years' animation compilation only had the winning videos on it. There has been a lot of talk about getting the entire reel sent to the teams for this year. So, you can probably expect the tape to hit your doorstep at the beginning of the next school year, complete with all the videos.

As far as a general area to place our videos, that's a great idea. The animation egroup has tried to do this will little success. Maybe there will be a greater response here.

Ben

Joe Ross
06-01-2001, 11:47 AM
The video that I got had many more than just 6 animations on it. Maybe FIRST just likes our team ;)

And I agree that the crocodile hunter was the best :)

Mimi Brown
06-25-2001, 02:19 PM
I believe that we have a copy of every 2000 animation. We watched it one of the saturdays we spent working on ours this year.

~Mimi

Amadkow
07-06-2001, 11:15 AM
This year my team didn't have enough man power or the time to do the 3D animation. We have some people including my self trying to learn the software we need to do. Hopefully next year we will be able to make the animation

Andy Baker
07-07-2001, 12:56 AM
I just got our team's copy of Animation video tape from FIRST and AutoDesk.

I think that all of the team leaders got this tape... so if you want to see it, bug your team leader. It has all of the entries on it.

Man, there is some good stuff here... sooo many teams have good entries. The tape includes a 5 minute summary from the judges, as they outlined the difficulty in the judging process, and how it was very close.

I'm enjoying the tape... here are some highlights so far:

You gotta see 138's entry... their credits are hilarious.

141's entry showed their robot messing up over and over again... very funny.

217's shows one of their students in love with their team's robot.

There was one team (I forgot the number already) who had CAD people dancing in their cubicles in their credits... and one dude kept running through the cubicle wall. Very cool, these dancing CAD people.

Another robot attacked Dean and Woodie and stuffed them in the goal... that team must not've like this years game.

Team 95's animation not only shows off their robot, but it teaches us about Nikola Tesla... excellent.

Off to watch more entries...

Andy B.

Jay Lundy
07-07-2001, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Andy Baker
There was one team (I forgot the number already) who had CAD people dancing in their cubicles in their credits... and one dude kept running through the cubicle wall. Very cool, these dancing CAD people.

It was team #8, Palo Alto High School. And yeah, that one was really good.