PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Wildstang!

Mike Betts
04-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Every few years, a team creates a robot which “raises the bar” for the rest of us.

Wildstang’s entry this year was an amazing blend of electrical and mechanical engineering, quality construction and well trained drivers.

I am indeed humbled… Congrats to Team 111!

Matt_Kaplan1902
04-12-2003, 05:29 PM
YEAH FOR MOTOROLA

CONGRATS TO WILDSTANG. YOU GUYS ALWAYS HAVE SOME REALLY AWESOME ROBOT EVERY YEAR. HOW BOUT HAVING A COUPLE OF YOUR ENGINEERS BE TRANSFERRED TO THE PLANT DOWN HERE IN PLANTATION.:)

Yan Wang
04-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Great job.

Btw, where was that light? :D :D

GregT
04-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Good job.

I'm with yan though, I looked for the light and couldn't find it at all. It was confusing and made it hard to tell what team they were on.

Greg

Jeff Waegelin
04-12-2003, 11:53 PM
Impressive, guys! We gave you a run for your money, but I'm glad you won, even if you had to beat us to do it.

Mike Martus
04-13-2003, 12:15 PM
The mighty Chiefs sitting here at the airport reflect back to the great WildStang robots of yesteryears. We must say this 2003 robot is one of FIRST'S best machines.

A great solutition to this years game.

WildStang is ALWAYS a team that is respected by all of FIRST.

Congrats to your alliance of 111-469-65, a great alliance to be sure.

Team 47 says great job.

ChrisA
04-13-2003, 01:17 PM
Thanks, but we couldn't have done it without the help of 469 and 65. You guys had some awesome robots and I really enjoyed being partnered with you.

SarahP71
04-13-2003, 03:15 PM
Congratulations to Wildstang, Huskie Brigade, and Las Guerillas.. You guys deserve it and did awesome! Great Job!
:D *Sarah P.*

Matthew W
04-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Thank You! We couldn't have done it without our alliances, the Huskie Brigade and Las Guerillas.

MattS
04-13-2003, 04:22 PM
thank you but there is no way we could have won without our partners 469 and 65 thank you guys so much you were great:D

tonyargote
04-13-2003, 05:31 PM
GREAT JOB WILDSTANGS!
We're happy you won!
Thanks for all your help!

Karthik
04-14-2003, 01:57 AM
We all know that the main goal of FIRST is inspiration. Inspired is truly the way I have felt since I first laid eyes on a Wildstang robot in 1998. Since then I've always eagerly awaited the opportunity to see their yearly creation. This is a team that has mastered the design process. Their robots are always robust yet elegant. No team could have deserved this championship more. Congratulations to all past and present Wildstang members, you've helped bring FIRST to a new level.

Greg Needel
04-14-2003, 02:04 AM
i would also like to say congrats to wildstang your robot was amazing......now out of curiosity....when are we going to see full details of that auto mode and your crab drive set up? You guys truly deserved to win this year..great job

JAlpert
04-14-2003, 02:42 AM
Wildstang -

Very seldom, an opportunity comes along to create a "Dream Alliance." Playing with you was our dream from the first time we saw your robot at Great Lakes. I think our robots complimented each other extremely well. We were honored to share the big stage with such a gracious and brilliant team. We hope you enjoyed our time as partners as much as we did.

Huskies -

Over the years you have built one of the most inspiring FIRST programs in the county. I cannot think of a team more deserving of the Chairman's Award. We were also incredibly greatful that you picked us at Great Lakes, and agreed to play with us at Houston. I don't know what our alliance would have done without your incedibly reliable second round gameplay. Thank you for showing us what FIRST is all about.

Jeff Alpert
Team 469

Matthew W
04-14-2003, 06:19 AM
Thanks again! Parts of the custom circuit are documented including the schematics of the custom circuit board on www.wildstang.org in the 2003 Inventor Award Section near the bottom of the front page.

Matrix3000k
04-14-2003, 08:19 AM
on behalf on team 25 i would like to give my congrats to Team 111 for a great final match. you guys were a great team and deserve to win this national title. for a sec in the first match i thought we had you guys but we hit each other sooooooo hard that a 120 amp breaker switched and we lost power. then the second match came and both our teams gave everyone an awesome show in my opinion......everyone was surprised that we had a good auton mode. no one expected it. also in the curie division when one of the matches the other team we were against were disabled for the whole match for causing a team foul.....so we surprised everyone that we could stack as well. and everyone was "you guys can STACK"!!!!!! but when finals came up and i saw you guys play before we went up against you i knew those matches were going to be great. you gave our team a good run at things and team 25 wishes you the best of luck next year. thank you soooo much for an awesome final match guy......look out for us next year we will be even faster and stronger ;) lol....i hope the main driver enjoys the shirt i gave him he earned it :) Congrats again 111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mario Azar
Team 25 Alumni

Josh Hambright
04-14-2003, 08:52 AM
From Team #461 i would also like to pass on my congrats to Team 111. You guys rock, you always do rock, and you will always give other first teams something to strive for! We really enjoyed watching you guys winning (Julie and i were freaking out) Congrats!

Wayne Doenges
04-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Congrats Wild Stangs

In our first year you took a chance on a rookie team (us) and we have never forgot that. I'm glad to see you got it all together this year. Hope to see you win more in the coming years.
But don't forget us :D

Wayne Doenges
Team 535 G-Force

Soukup
04-14-2003, 09:16 AM
team 74 would like to say that Wildstang was awesome. EVidently every detail was thought out extreemly well, and you guys overlooked nothing. It was an honor to play with you guys at the midwest regional, but it was nothing compared to watching your performance at houston. Great job guys!!!

Christina47
04-14-2003, 09:19 AM
wows.. wows. wows. =P good job 111. the best. from hearing the previous years when we partner with you was great. (i heard it from my brother) congrats. i think you all deserve it. good job.

-TEAM 47

Al Skierkiewicz
04-14-2003, 09:47 AM
Wow,
Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement. We could not do it alone and we heartily thank our alliance partners 469, Las Guerrillas and 65, Huskie Brigade, for both accepting our invitation and performing flawlessly through a very grueling series of matches.
We all know that there were some incredible robots in all divisions. We were scouting like crazy and many of you scared us. The teams that make it into the finals in each division often do not tell the whole story and to those teams we also say thank you. Thank you for competing, driving each of us to new heights, and for your cheering in the finals.
Thank you to especially to the division champs, Curie: 494, 25, 343, Newton: 292, 378, 302, Galileo: 341, 175, 236. You guys were awesome and none of the matches were easily won. That noise you hear is my clapping for you.
Keep up the good work and we will see you in the future.

Andy Baker
04-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Wildstang, I think I love you.

Awesome job. You have deserved this championship for years.

This not only is a credit to your robot design & strategy, but also your entire team.

For those of you who don't know, the Wildstang program and organization is outstanding. They conduct classes during the fall for students from two high schools, consisting of about 80 kids.

Often the Wildstang team helps many other teams in FIRST, providing their specialty assistance in electronics, software and mechanical design.

They lead the way in FIRST with the number for former students who have been hired on at Motorola, and it is sooo cool to see these alumni come back as Wildstang mentors.

Congrats to all of Wildstang!

Andy B.

ps... thanks for letting me sing with you.

Jason Rudolph
04-14-2003, 10:54 AM
I would also like to congratulate Wildstang. Our last match against you (QF1.2 Archimedes) was one of the best battles for the top of the hill I have ever seen! Had we been able to stay on top, we would have gone on to the semis, but as the saying goes, it's not so bad to lose to the best.

Ken Patton
04-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Congratulations to Wildstang and Las Guerillas for being such a great alliance. You guys together were awesome. As your "cleanup crew" us on the Huskie Brigade are grateful for the chance to contribute to the win. THANKS for picking us!

Us on Team 65 had a great opportunity to watch two incredible teams strategize and play together. Organized, calm, technically SUPERIOR, ready for the mechanical problems, knowledgable about the competition, cool under pressure - you guys were READY for this. CONGRATULATIONS!

Ken

Clark Gilbert
04-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Congrats to 111, 469, 65. I've been able to participate at events where all 3 of these excellent teams have attended. And many times we've worked together to do very well. All 3 of your teams deserve this award and I'm really starting to freak out now because there is a possibility that all 3 of you could attend IRI! AHH :yikes:

Jupee
04-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Oh man you guys were great this year!! As always...I was so happy when you won!! I called that though before you started the finals ;) Your alliance was freaking amazing and of course, you have great drivers (yeah Allen and Dan! Hehehe) I'm so glad that I got to hang out with you guys cuz you all rock and your robot was wonderfully built. Congratulations and good luck next year!! (we'll have Allen at Purdue, soooooo I hope you get another great driver!) Good job!

Mark Pierce
04-14-2003, 07:49 PM
I'll add my congratulations to the winners as well. All three of your teams are outstanding and your performance in the finals was great.

From what I saw and heard, all of the divisional and final elimination rounds were good matches and all of the participants deserve congratulations.