PDA

View Full Version : Skills and Talents

Madison
04-21-2003, 05:01 PM
Okay, I'm creating this thread to act as a repository of information about everyone who's interested in participating in the freelanceFIRST effort.

A lot of people have pledged their help, so it's important that we all have an easily accessible place to keep up to date on who's involved and what they can contribute.

So, if you'd please, I'd like everyone who's interested in helping to reply, post some method of contacting you, as well as what skills you have to contribute.

I'm in immediate need of finding skilled, web-savvy programmers. While I don't anticipate the need to be doing any coding for a little bit longer, it's important that they be involved in these early stages. If they can't create the website as we're envisioning it, then we'll need to step back and reexamine ways of accomplishing our goals.

So, without further adieu...

srawls
04-21-2003, 05:32 PM
Name: Stephen Rawls
Team: Currently 122. 401 for the next four years, however.
Contact: Email: srawls@nhgs.tec.va.us or steven3554@yahoo.com; AIM: TheNASAKnight
Skills: Electonics, Software, Web Programming.

Stephen

melitami
04-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Name: Melissa Thiessen
team: 422, Philadelphia FIRST in general also
contact info: leaderfearless@yahoo.com, or AIM (see sig)

skills: administrative side of teams, I've seen the competition from all sides (team member, mentor, and volunteer), some website/newsletter experience, some engineering (I'm a biomed major with either a minor or double major in electrical, still working on that one), ummm, and I'm always up for learning more stuff, so I can try other stuff too!

Aaron Lussier
04-21-2003, 05:39 PM
Name: Aaron Lussier
Team: 151 right now, however 125 for College
E-mail: Nosboy@hotmail.com
AIM: Bldrngmn1
Skills: Public Relations i.e Selling bot and such, Basic Pro-E knowledge, Maching Skills, mechanical Knowledge

Adam Y.
04-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Name:Adam Yakaboski
Team:564(at least until I graduate)
Expertise:Mechanics, electronics(not programing), sensors, and various other things

miketwalker
04-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Name: Mike Walker "Codeman"
Team: 21, ComBBAT
Skills: Website Design, Graphics Design, Programming, Wiring, Construction, Solid Edge, Inventor, a tad bit of 3dsmax, and various other things
AIM: miketwalker86
E-mail: miketwalker@cfl.rr.com

dez250
04-21-2003, 06:16 PM
Name: Michael Dessingue
Team: 250, also a FIRST Volunteer
E-mail: Dezdezdez25@netscape.net
AIM (instant messanger): Dezdezdez25
Skills: Public Relations, newsletter and marketing, Maching , CAD, CNC Programming, Wiring, Construction, Pneumatics. Plus a few other things. (Not listed in any specific order).

~Michael "Dez" Dessingue

Brandon Martus
04-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Name: Brandon Martus
Team: 47
AIM: Pubarso
Skills: Web Development

While I won't be able to give a large amount of help, I'm always here for suggestions, logistics, and testing. You just need to ask :)

Melissa Nute
04-21-2003, 08:07 PM
Name: Melissa Wheeler
Team: 86
Skills: Mechanical, Spirit, Adminstrative, Construction, making things pretty, I dunno...too much for me to think about

Joe Matt
04-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Name: Joseph Matt
Team: 384
Skills: PR, organization, scouting, and other things

Cory
04-21-2003, 08:28 PM
Name: Cory McBride
Team: 100
Skills: Mechanics, a bit of machining, pneumatics, some inventor, hope to be pretty adept soon. Some wiring, scouting, some organization, design, numerous other random things I cant think of now.

Cory

Nate Smith
04-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Name: Nate Smith
Team: N/A
AIM: NateT66
Skills: Web Development (http://freelancefirst.pitnews.org), MySQL, PHP

Joe Matt
04-22-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Nate Smith
Name: Nate Smith
Team: N/A
AIM: NateT66
Skills: Web Development (http://freelancefirst.pitnews.org), MySQL, PHP

We'll be contacting you, trust me. ;)

Joel J
04-22-2003, 10:25 AM
Name: Joel Johnson
Team: 173
AIM: joellark
Skills: Programming (PBASIC x, C++ [limited'ish], PHP, Perl, etc), Graphics Design (_limited_)

Jeff Waegelin
04-22-2003, 11:32 AM
Name: Jeff Waegelin
Team: 201
AIM: DKnight513
Skills: Programming, some web development (limited)

jon
04-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Name: Jon Gambrell
Skills: PHP/MySQL/web design... other things too. Everyone does everything it seems.
Talents: I can burp talk, and bend my fingers all the way back.

Matt Krass
04-23-2003, 02:34 AM
Name: Matt Krass
Team: Sachem 263
AIM: ace32456
Skills: Basic MySQL, PHP and a good little brother you can always count on for support.
Extraordinary talents: Actually being able to read my code :-/

AlbertW
04-23-2003, 03:16 AM
Name: Albert Wu
Team: 1072 until the end of the 04 season. Dunno where from there.
Contact: Email: albertwu@alnora.com; AIM: Aonic909 or unarchy
Skills: Graphics Design, Web Design, Programming (Perl, C++), Linux server managment. PR was forced upon me this year (noone else wanted to do it,) and I have a pretty good grasp of robot construction in general.

Talents: Uncanny luck. :D

Gadget470
04-23-2003, 09:12 AM
Name: Brandon Joerges
Team: Alumni of 247 and 470
Email: brandon@470robotics.com
AIM: Ompha1oskepsis
MSN: bjoerges@hotmail.com
Skills: Mechanical, CAD (2D and 3D), Pneumatics, some Programming

Josh Hambright
04-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Name: Josh Hambright
Team: Currently 461. Consulting for 461 next year (Cant be an advisor cuz i'm not going to purdue) and probably 1020 too. Maybe more.
Skills: Some basic pbasic programming. Extensive knowlege of electronics, pneumatics, sensors, controls and the non mechanical stuff in the FIRST robots. Strong knowlege base in 3dmax, 3dviz, inventor, rhino, photoshop, vegas video, adobe premire, flash, dreamweaver, HTML, Javascript, CSS, web design, print and electronic graphic design experience for as a big part of my real job for the last 4 years. Extensive PR skills. administrative knowlege on a college based team. Also have experience with scouting and strategy type stuff.

Stephanie
04-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Name: Stephanie Studebaker
Team: currently 668
E-mail: steppie86@aol.com
AIM: steppie86
Skills: mechanical, wiring, scouting, strategy, some graphics design

Amanda Morrison
04-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Name: Amanda Morrison
Team: Currently Team #1020, resigning after IRI to freelanceFIRST throughout the state of Indiana
Email: ammorrison@bsu.edu
AIM: reekinglethargic
Skills: Organizing, scouting, PR, etc. along those lines, especially when it comes to writing (i.e. Chairman's Award, Woodie Flowers Award). No technical skills for this English major.

ashley212
04-23-2003, 02:07 PM
Name: Ashley
Team: 212 R.A.C.E
AIM: Foxybaby291
Email: Foxybaby291@aol.com
Skills: PR, secretarial stuff, writing, fund-raising, scouting, organization.. stuff like that.

*always willing to help*

-ashz-

Katie Reynolds
04-23-2003, 09:50 PM
Name: Katie Reynolds
Team: 93
Email: firstae2004@yahoo.com
AIM: KatieReynolds93
Skills: Electrical, wiring, pneumatics, machining, Inventor (limited), MasterCAM (limited), PBasic (I can read it, not write it!), management, communication, public relations, fund-raising, writing ...

Apparently, I "... excel at taking on more than one person could possibly ever handle!" (so says one of the engineers on my team!) :yikes:

Just let me know if you need anything!

- Katie

Joe Lambie
04-23-2003, 10:05 PM
Name: Joey Lambie
Team: Alumnus of 93, Possibly with MTU's Team Next Year
Email: whooper94@yahoo.com, jplambie@mtu.edu
AIM: whooper94
Skills: Machining (CNC and Manual), Inventor (limited), MasterCAM, management, communication, public relations, fund-raising, writing, speaking

I am probably most affulent in machining and CNC maching. Did a lot of speaking when I was on the team at various things, and also drove for two years. If you have a question just drop me a line and I will do whatever I can to help:).

Scott Duhaime
04-24-2003, 07:55 PM
Name: Scott Duhaime
Team: 226 ( this was my last year as a student at least)
Skills: Mechanial Designs & Concepts , CAD/ Invetor , Machining

I'm not very skilled in the management side of things, but I come up with robot design all the time and would like to make them useful to someone

AJ Quick
04-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Name: AJ Quick
Team: The CogSquad
Skills: PHP, mySQL, Scouting, Programming, Web Design, 3D Animation, Machining, Inventor, CAD, Pneumatics, Electronics, Graphic Design, Construction

I'm always happy to help with anything, as long as it is with-in (time) reason. I give quite a bit of PHP, mySQL support on my website, and can help with pretty much anything I listed up above.

rbayer
04-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Name: Rob Bayer
AIM: FIRST is life
Skills: Programming (C/C++, Java, PBASIC, Windows, Gnome/GTK+), Linux (servers, etc), Control System, Pneumatics, CAD, just about everything else too.

As always, RoboEmu, etc are available if you want them.

mtrawls
05-19-2003, 03:00 PM
Name: Mark Rawls
EMAIL: pml_mrawls@yahoo.com
Skills: Programming (C/C++, PBASIC, Windows, Scheme,Perl), Web knowledge (D?HTML,XML,JavaScript,etc.), limited 3ds max, Writer,and a variety of other things

Matt Attallah
05-19-2003, 03:14 PM
Name: Maher (Matt) Attallah
Skills: Teaching drivers how to "Drive it like you stole it," Rhinoceros, pneumatics, electrical, programming (enough to get by - not much more,) and anything dealing with mechanical aspects.

I'm not good at english what so ever...

RLopez
05-19-2003, 03:16 PM
Name: Rhaisa Lopez
Team: 384 (Tucker Tigers)
AIM- PRicanbabay
Skills: Communications, Speaking, Organization, PR, Scouting, secretarial, Web Design (limited), anything is possible :)

... i am always willing to learn many more new things and willing to help in any way possible! :)

GregTheGreat
05-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Name: Greg Ullstam
Team: 71
AIM: GregTheGreat02
Skills: Programming is what I know. I am a lone programmer for Team Hammond. I know just about every command for Basic. If anyone ever needs help, I am you're guy.

Jack
05-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Name: Andrew Schenk (Everyone on robotics calls me Jack tho :))
Team: 201
AIM: knehcsa
email: webmaster@feds201.com
Skills: Web development / design, animation (limited), general programming, SCOUTING (fsn) :)

Ahh... I'm not 100% totally sure what the "main" goal of this is, but I'd be willing to help in anyway I can. (Especally getting teams w/o scouting into fsn ;))