PDA

View Full Version : Every team please read and respond! Info wanted for FIRST family tree development!

Elgin Clock
11-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Because inquiring minds want to know, please provide me with the following info:

What team number are you presently:

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams):

Involvement with FIRST TEAMS

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team:

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started:

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored:

Involvement with FIRST LEGO LEAGUE TEAMS

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started?

Your team location:

Thanks all!!

(I want to basically start a FIRST family tree in the near future, and possibly post the results on a webpage to see exactly how FIRST grew and will grow locale-wise)

edit: If something like this exists for FIRST and/or FLL already, please let me know. I haven't seen anything like this yet though..

sanddrag
11-20-2003, 11:09 PM
Started and currently mentor an FLL team at a local elementary school.

generalbrando
11-20-2003, 11:23 PM
I was on 71 in 2001, then founded 1020 last year, and now on 246. 246 merged with a rookie team - i'll find out which one and let you know. 1020 was mentored by 447, team Roboto. I don't know of any of the three teams having Lego League involvement, although there are a lot of lego teams in Hammond.

Allison K
11-20-2003, 11:32 PM
I was on 226 (which mentors a FLL team but I dont know which one) and founded 1313 this year

Michael R. Lee
11-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Now that I'm in college at Northeastern University, I'm a Mentor on 125,NUTRONS! When i was in high school, I was mentored on 180, the S.P.A.M. team!

Menotred a FFL league team at Hidden Oaks Middle school but i don't know their numbers and don;t know what happened to them.

Andy Baker
11-21-2003, 12:14 AM
I will try, but this is kinda hard.

We started in '92.

We have helped to start these teams:
47, 71, 292, 377, 378, 535, 868

We've mentored and assisted these teams when they started:
461, 1000, 1020, 1022, 1024

There may be some more... we do alot of technical mentoring that is un-trackable.

As for FLL teams, there are 5 or 6 teams in the area who we mentor. I don't have their numbers in front of me.

Andy B.

Ken Leung
11-21-2003, 01:31 AM
I think it will be a little easier if you write a web page that collect these info, and connect the numbers automatically. Otherwise it will be a big pain if you got 1000 numbers you have to sort through.

indieFan
11-21-2003, 01:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elgin Clock
599 (Granada Hills High School - The RoboDox)

396 (This was a 5 school coalition)

22 (Chatsworth HS)

1070 (Louisville HS - Royal Robotrons)

and for Team 1070

1070 (LVHS)

599 (GHHS)

indieFan

Redhead Jokes
11-21-2003, 02:53 AM

We were a member of one of the first two Southern California teams - 61 (NASA JPL & Hope Academy / Redondo Union High School / Hawthorne High School / Mira Costa High School). 'Circuit Breakers'
In 1998, Hope Chapel decided to split off, and formed Beachbot. Hawthorne, RUHS and MCHS stayed together and were sponsored by TRW and ADTECH and called the Vultures. In 1999, Hawthorne Split off. Spring 2002 Beach Cities Robotics, RUHS And MCHS, became a year-round program.

1197 South High Torrance
1047 Woodbridge Irvine
1115 Santa Monica

and mentoring
MegaBlock Destroyers 1490
Tulitians from Mars 1190

Your team location:

Redondo Beach/Manhattan Beach CA

Erin Rapacki
11-21-2003, 06:05 AM
Buzz Robotics team #175 for my junior and senior year of high school ('01 and '02)

College life: Team #125 the nutrons from 2003 to present

generalbrando
11-21-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Ken L
I think it will be a little easier if you write a web page that collect these info, and connect the numbers automatically. Otherwise it will be a big pain if you got 1000 numbers you have to sort through.

Hmmmm. Sounds like a good idea. I'd be willing to help set it up Elgin.

Joe Matt
11-21-2003, 07:27 AM
Team 384 helped team 1086 last year, but that's the only team we have mentored, due to time issues. Also, we indirectly started a team in FLL, but I can't remember the number.

KenWittlief
11-21-2003, 07:33 AM
Ok Im doing this from memory, someone correct me if I get the numbers wrong.

Fairport HS was sponsored by Kodak in '97 and '98 - and they were team number 36 and 72 respectively in those years

then they were sponsored by Gleason works in '99 and were team number 277

we combined with Churchville Chili school for one year, I believe our number was changed to 578 then

we missed a year in there somewhere

Chili now has their own team, so Fairport / Gleason retained our current team number 578.

So I guess you could say we mentored and spawned the Churchville Chili team. (BTW - its Chi Lie, not chilly :c)

36, 72, 277, 578 <= all Fairport HS at one time.

Jeff Waegelin
11-21-2003, 07:55 AM
Team 201, from Rochester, Michigan. We were mentored by 47, way back in the old days ;)

We have a FLL team at a local middle school, but they're just starting this year.

jrgrim12
11-21-2003, 08:32 AM

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): None

Team 45 (thank you!!!!)

We are trying to get Leo High School started and will mentor them when they are ready :)

Rich Kressly
11-21-2003, 08:57 AM
I'll try to give you as much as possible:

What team number are you presently: 103

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): 75 was Cybersonics original number 8 years ago

We got help from so many in the early days it's hard to say - mostly PA teams.

None directly altohugh we currently have alumni working hard at this.

Too many to track (like 45), mostly via the internet, but several hands on as well. Most of our direct mentoring work has been with Teams 35, 433, and 834. More recently we've been able to assist (in much smaller ways) 75, 88, 102, 151, 166, 222, 716, 755, 765, 1029, 1051, 1156, 1191, and 1202.

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:
Currently our students mentor FLL Teams 1551, 1647, 1648, and 1649. There have been others in the past, but there's no way of knowing the numbers.

1551, 1647, 1648, and 1649

Your team location:
Kintnersville, PA

Good luck with the project!

BandChick
11-21-2003, 09:22 AM
we're a simple bunch, though i know we will develop with time

we're team 1089 currently and always
and we were mentored last year by team 25

Andrew
11-21-2003, 09:54 AM
356, The Enigma

None

Team 16, Baxter Bomb Squad

None (yet)

None (yet)

There are two FLL teams which our North Little Rock partner school is starting this year. Don't have the team numbers yet.

See above

Your team location:
Little Rock, AR

ChrisH
11-21-2003, 10:21 AM

61 (as mentioned by Redhead Jokes)
82 (I think, the button I kept got wet and you can't read the number real well)

We started before mentoring was fashionable. Besides there was only ourselves and Chatsworth west of the Rockies, and we didn't know about each other yet.

606, one of our mentors is also in charge of FIRST involvement for Raytheon. So there are about 10 teams each year that get financial help through us. If they're from southern Cal and have Raytheon in the name, they're ours

officially
606, 851, 1135,
unofficially
362, 980, 1197, and most of the Raytheon teams

None presently, we have in the past but I don't know details

Your team location:

Hermosa Beach, CA

Joe Ross
11-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ChrisH

61 (as mentioned by Redhead Jokes)
82 (I think, the button I kept got wet and you can't read the number real well)

We started before mentoring was fashionable. Besides there was only ourselves and Chatsworth west of the Rockies, and we didn't know about each other yet.

Yes, 82 was the number.

Also, there were teams west of rockies, but none in socal. Woodside started in '95, and several started in '96.

In a way we were mentored by Dave Lavery. But, I bet a large number of the early NASA teams could say that.

Story: Dave Lavery walks into our shop wearing jeans. One of the students whispers, "That's not what I expected", and Dave asks what did you expect. Student replies, "you know, a suit".

We then showed him our design, and he proceeded to tell us (very nicely) that it sucked. And that we were way behind schedule (Week 4 and not a single part built).

:)

Redhead Jokes
11-21-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Joe Ross
Story: Dave Lavery walks into our shop wearing jeans. One of the students whispers, "That's not what I expected", and Dave asks what did you expect. Student replies, "you know, a suit".

We then showed him our design, and he proceeded to tell us (very nicely) that it sucked. And that we were way behind schedule (Week 4 and not a single part built).

:p
Love hearing the history (Joe gave me the history that I share about our team). Hi Joe!

shyra1353
11-21-2003, 12:41 PM
I dont know if this applies to us since we are rookies, but here goes anyways ...

Your team location:
Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA!!

thats it for us ... but for my last years team, here is what i remember ( i am going off the top of my head so if anyone from S.W.A.T. 771 is reading this, maybe they can correct me... )

[B]Because inquiring minds want to know, please provide me with the following info:

--

I am not 100% sure on this one, but I think that during the rookie year, we were mentored by 820 - i was not on the team this year)

--

I am not sure on this one

SWAT hosted a FLL event at their school and mentored the elementary students within their school as well

The FLL teams that are within the school (I think that there are 3 of them .. but i do not know their team numbers )

Your team location:
this one i know for sure ... Oakville, Ontario, CANADA!!

..thats all ive got .. hope it helps :)

Sachiel7
11-21-2003, 04:52 PM
In the 2002 season we started team #927 : NOVA First
While we were on 927, we were mentored by Team #116, Herndon High.
We competed at VCU and the MD state fair.
That team split into two different teams. Team#1123: AIM Robotics, which I am not currently a part of, and #1132 (odd coincidence, right?!) RAPTAR Robotics, which I helped found.
In the Fall of 2003 we Mentored Lego team #108 (I think) SWAT.
During the 03 season we had a partnership with Team #617 Highland Springs High.
We competed at VCU in 03
This fall we've been mentoring FLL team #1520, The Mechanicsville Dragons. We're going with them to Maggie Walker tomorrow!
We haven't planned out our partnership for this year in stone yet. I think we were talking with Benadictine for a while, but we haven't heard anything for a long time. I personally would like to work with a rookie team...
Anyway, that's a little bit o history...

Tonya Scott 476
11-21-2003, 05:10 PM
Well--our rookie year was 2000 and team 118 mentored us via phone calls, mail, and e-mail. (Thanks, Lucien) we won the 2000 rookie all star that year (out of 142 rookie teams at Disney)

Since then we started team 513

and we have mentored teams from Oklahoma and Kansas 755,909,932,1104,1108,935,936,937,938,1448

1104 & 1108 both won regional rookie all stars
and 1108 went on to win the National rookie all star in '03

no Lego teams here yet

Kevin A
11-21-2003, 06:49 PM

none
841, 1151, Athenian, Pinole Valley High
841, 1151, Athenian, Pinole Valley High

About 15 teams - I don't know the numbers - We have also hosted a competition for 3 years
"
Your team location:
Richmond, Ca

Thanks all!!

Matt Attallah
11-22-2003, 05:32 AM

None

None

Agian - None (yet)

None

None presently, we have in the past but I don't know details

See Above

Your team location:

Melvindale, MI

mrs. p
11-22-2003, 05:38 AM
What team number are you presently: 233

have always been 233 since our rookie year, 1999.

have offered assistance to 3 teams, one in our county and the other 2 in the state. don't have the numbers in front of me right now.

Currently our students mentor 11 FLL Teams from 6 schools.

the lego teams change their numbers but we have started 15 teams this year, in our county

we also hosted a local tournament 2 years ago but started the florida sunshine state lego tournament last year and it run it again this year.

Your team location:
cocoa beach, fl

Cory
11-22-2003, 05:53 AM
What number are you now?

What number were you?

We dont keep good records, sorry :(

What FIRST teams have you mentored?

None

What FIRST teams mentored you?

None. We were the first team on the west coast, noone out here to mentor us. :)

What FLL Teams has your team mentored/started?

None.

JudyVandy
11-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Since nobody else from 84 had replied to this yet, here I go...

What team number are you presently: 84

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): Don't remember the number, but we were originally part of the LITTLES, a 7 school team, back in about 1997.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: I guess you could say that the LITTLES mentored us, because we got our start with them. We were the first to break away from them to start our own team...traveling 75+ miles one-way to build a robot got old, fast. We are now a 5 school team.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: Because we were part of the LITTLES, I guess you could say we helped to start 222 and 284.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: See above...(sort of)

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Two teams each, based at Waverly (NY) Middle School, Towanda (PA) Middle School, and Troy (PA) Middle School, for a total of 6!

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? Please see the previous question...

Your team location: We are based in Towanda, PA.

Ashley Weed
11-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JudyVandy

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): Don't remember the number, but we were originally part of the LITTLES, a 7 school team, back in about 1997.

The LITTLES were 118.

patrickrd
11-22-2003, 01:35 PM
I was on 190 in high school...

Started 639 in college...

And this year we started a lego leam team in Ithaca.

- Patrick

Allison K
11-22-2003, 02:48 PM
And I forgot to add in my last post, about six years ago, before 226 added the second high school in the city, they had a diferent number, but nobody really knows what it was. It would have been high 90's or low 100's. If anybody's knows could you tell me? Troy High school from Troy Michigan. I dont know what sponsors where at that point

Greg
11-22-2003, 02:52 PM
This is our second year in first, and the team number is 1075. We have not yet started any new teams or mentored anyone. We are not in the Lego league. No teams have mentored 1075 (but one team helped us by giving us old speed controllers :))

Matt Leese
11-25-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by KenWittlief
Ok Im doing this from memory, someone correct me if I get the numbers wrong.

Fairport HS was sponsored by Kodak in '97 and '98 - and they were team number 36 and 72 respectively in those years

then they were sponsored by Gleason works in '99 and were team number 277

we combined with Churchville Chili school for one year, I believe our number was changed to 578 then

we missed a year in there somewhere

Chili now has their own team, so Fairport / Gleason retained our current team number 578.

So I guess you could say we mentored and spawned the Churchville Chili team. (BTW - its Chi Lie, not chilly :c)

36, 72, 277, 578 <= all Fairport HS at one time.
Not quite right about the Churchville Chili bit (team 340). 340 was started by an alumni of RIT who had worked on the FIRST team at RIT. This was in the year 2000. I don't believe Fairport and Churchville-Chili ever worked together.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the pedigree of most of the teams in Rochester (I won't include too many team numbers until later because it frankly doesn't make much sense):

191, the X-Cats, became involved in the initial competition in 1992 with Xerox sponsoring Wilson High School. In 1993, the X-Cats convinced Kodak to sponsor a team with Edison Tech high school. That continued until Kodak switched sponsorship to Fairport High School in 1995. Harris/RF then sponsored Edison Tech. In 1996, RIT became involved in the Edison Tech team. In 1999, I believe, Kodak began to sponsor Marshall High School (team 211). In 1998, there was no Edison Tech team. In 2000, an alumni of RIT who had worked with the Harris RF/RIT/Edison Tech team, started team 340 with Nortel Networks and Churchville-Chili High School. In 2001, Alstom Signaling and RIT (team 73) sponsored a team at Edison Tech. The team then did not exist for 2002. In 2003, Bausch & Lomb and RIT (team 73) sponsored a team at Edison Tech (hopefully for good this time). In 2003, Xerox sponsored a team with Webster High School (1126 I think). I don't know much of the history of Fairport's team so I'll have to take that information from you.

So the evolution in Rochester is a bit convuleted but it all starts with the X-Cats.

Matt

kpugh
11-26-2003, 06:15 AM
Team 229 was started by a former member of Aces High (176).
I was on team 229 when I attended Clarkson University.
I was so hooked that I started team 891 here in Syracuse.

SarahB
11-26-2003, 08:51 AM

N/A

None

None

We sort of mentored the team from Red Bank Regional High School(551 if I remember correctly) for their first and only year. After that one of their team members transfered to our school and joined FURY while another helped with the animation.

We(myself and one of our engineers) started and are currently mentoring team 48, the Robo Monkeys.

See above.

Your team location:
Lincroft, NJ

John JediMaster
11-26-2003, 10:24 AM
team 19, Greenwich ct, we mentor a lego league team but i don't know which one.

pauluffel
12-01-2003, 09:50 PM
Hmm, FIRST in Georgia.

Two years ago I took part in FIRST on Team 832 at neighboring Roswell High School because my Bio teacher's husband worked there and she knew I would be interested. Team 832 was started by a senior, Mike W-something (he's Polish give me a break) who took part in FIRST in Canada, and Jeremy Roberts (skyman9000) and Anne Bergeron from Georgia Tech who were involved in FIRST in high school in Florida.

Last year I formed Team 1127 at Milton High (my school) and his fall we started and mentored the LegoLeague Team 2301 at Northwestern Middle, out feeder school.

sciencegeek3
12-03-2003, 07:26 PM
What team number are you presently:847

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): none

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: this is tricky, as most of the Oregon teams all started up together and work through a group called FIRST FORCE. so we all kind of mentored each other, although there have been a few spin off teams from the orignal teams(847,995,...all oregon rookies in 2002). also FIRST FORCE has been behind getting lego league teams started in the area. so the teams have been working with their local lego league teams.

Your team location: MY team is from Philomath, OR. the other FIRST Force teams are from Corvallis, Bend, Albany, Salem, etc. ... I can't remember them all at the moment..

hope this helps some and that you can understand all this...sorry it's so confusing.

Katie Reynolds
12-04-2003, 05:30 PM
What team number are you presently: 93

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): 107 in 1997

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: None

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: None

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored:None

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Many Appleton area teams ... I don't know their team names/numbers

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? None

Your team location: Appleton, Wisconsin

Arefin Bari
12-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Team 108 sigmac@t... mentoring eagle ridge elementery... country hills elementery for fll.... my team is in South Florida... (Ft. Lauderdale)

Koko Ed
02-02-2006, 04:11 AM
Not quite right about the Churchville Chili bit (team 340). 340 was started by an alumni of RIT who had worked on the FIRST team at RIT. This was in the year 2000. I don't believe Fairport and Churchville-Chili ever worked together.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the pedigree of most of the teams in Rochester (I won't include too many team numbers until later because it frankly doesn't make much sense):

191, the X-Cats, became involved in the initial competition in 1992 with Xerox sponsoring Wilson High School. In 1993, the X-Cats convinced Kodak to sponsor a team with Edison Tech high school. That continued until Kodak switched sponsorship to Fairport High School in 1995. Harris/RF then sponsored Edison Tech. In 1996, RIT became involved in the Edison Tech team. In 1999, I believe, Kodak began to sponsor Marshall High School (team 211). In 1998, there was no Edison Tech team. In 2000, an alumni of RIT who had worked with the Harris RF/RIT/Edison Tech team, started team 340 with Nortel Networks and Churchville-Chili High School. In 2001, Alstom Signaling and RIT (team 73) sponsored a team at Edison Tech. The team then did not exist for 2002. In 2003, Bausch & Lomb and RIT (team 73) sponsored a team at Edison Tech (hopefully for good this time). In 2003, Xerox sponsored a team with Webster High School (1126 I think). I don't know much of the history of Fairport's team so I'll have to take that information from you.

So the evolution in Rochester is a bit convuleted but it all starts with the X-Cats.

Matt
And Xerox started team 1450 (XQ Robotix)
Team 1511 was started by Kim O' Tolle who started team 229 who started out with team 176.
RIT has connections with 1511 as well and also sponsors team 1405.
Team 378 was a combination of two schools who split. 378 is with Newfane high school while 1507 is with Lockport.

bobotics319
02-02-2006, 07:04 AM
What team number are you presently: Team 319 we are out of Alton New Hampshire.

Tonya Scott 476
02-02-2006, 09:09 AM
I started team 476 in Nov--1999 (our rookie year was 2000)
we were recruited and mentored by Lucien Junkin from team 118 in Houston (the Robonauts)

We have since recruited and/or mentored many teams since.

Taylor
02-02-2006, 09:19 AM
What team number are you presently: 1529

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 234 CyberBlue; we also get help from 829 (apparently now the Goats - insert punchline here - but seriously thanks)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: none

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: We work with 1741 Red Alert, but CyberBlue should get the mentor credit. This is only our 2nd season.

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: See below.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? We hope to have a FLL team at our middle school within the next 2-3 years.

Your team location: Southport High School - Indianapolis, IN

Barry Bonzack
02-02-2006, 09:59 AM
I'll give you a rough history of Osceola County, FL.

Team 186 in Kissimmee Florida was the first team in our area at gateway high school. It became a multiple high school team which later split off to its own team to become team 1065 of Osceola and TECO high school. Basically all other teams in the county and some in orange county are from Disney realizing how wonderful FIRST is and getting many teams started and providing engineers and funding to the majority of the schools. These Osceola teams include

1062 Celebration High, Celebration FL
1065 Osceola/TECO high, Kissimmee FL
1390 St. Cloud High, St. Cloud FL
1543 Poinciana High, Kissimmee FL
1604 Harmony High, Harmony FL.
Team 186 does not currently exist.

A couple other notes, when Harmony high was built east of St. Cloud, some of the 1390 students (I included) went to the new school and started 1604. I also have been working on starting a team in my home town in Bartlesville Oklahoma with some help of team 476. It should be competing next year. ::fingers crossed::

Lego league teams are to come in the future. Hope this helps.

artdutra04
02-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Because inquiring minds want to know, please provide me with the following info:What team number are you presently: 228

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): Although we did not change team numbers, we changed team names for the 2001 season. In our 1999 and 2000 season, Team 228 was known as the Tri-Town Duct Tape Bandits, while our robot's name was Gus. For 2001, the team decided that Gus was a better name, and orange was a better team color, so we became Gus Robotics Team 228 (sometimes the 'robotics' is ommited and it's written as "Gus" Team 228).

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: I don't think our team was mentored, but I'll have to go back and check.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: Team 1071 Max (Their team name, as well as that of Team 228, came from the name of our 1999 robot: Augustus Roboticus Maximus.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: Team 905, Platt Tech

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Anywhere from two to six per year.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? We've started two new teams at a magnet middle school in our town.

Your team location: Meriden, Connecticut (In 1999 (and I think 2000?), our team included Rocky Hill, CT. From 1999 to 2002, we also included Wolcott, CT (until they formed Team 1071). Right now, our team is compised of the three high schools in Meriden, CT: Platt High School, Maloney HIgh School, and Wilcox Tech High School)

Joe J.
02-02-2006, 02:21 PM

Formerly team 465 in 2000 & 2001

We mentored two FLL teams last year (2004 FLL season) Phoenix Storm 2344 Team Halo 3002

We started the two teams mentioned above (who are planning on participating again for the 2006 season), We also have another school intrested in starting a team for 2006.

Your team location:
Canton, MI, USA

JoeXIII'007
02-02-2006, 02:25 PM

From what I know, team 66 used to be made up of Ypsilanti HS, Lincoln HS, and our, Willow Run High, school. I dunno if any other team mentored us at one time.
Team 470 came from our team, or was it the other way aorund? I couldn't tell you.
We're currently involved in mentoring a team from Romulus.

As far as the FLL is concerned: Team 66 has mentored the local middle school team. First started as Edmonson Middle School Jets, with 2 known numbers: 2804 (2002) and 822 (2003). Then when moved over to the new middle school, it became the Willow Run Middle School CyberJets (pronounced WoRMS Cyberjets) Team #s: 130, 131 (these two had to be consolidated), and 2837. Basically this is the team we started, maintained, and mentored.

Hope that helps. ;)

-Joe

PS: while you're at it, and if you need more information, goto the website linked in my sig.

Lil' Lavery
02-02-2006, 02:52 PM
In 1996 Team 116 was one of the original two NASA teams (Team 114? was the other) and the first team in the state of Virginia. We were then at South Lakes High School in Reston, VA. In 1999 we moved to our current location at Herndon High School due to a lack of faculty support at SLHS.
We had some older numbers in the 60s and 80s, but I do not know the exact numbers.
116 has mentored over 20 teams in the region. Some of them include 612, 623 and 927. Our level of support ranged from phone calls and emails to allowing them to use our shop and/or assissting in the fabrication of parts.
116 has also indirectly "mentored" many teams through posting designs and helping teams through these forums. You know your doing a good job when other teams e-mail you to thank you for a design you posted. For some reason our designs seem to win more matches for other teams than ours. :p
116 alumnus Aleisha Wallenstein has started 29 teams (27 of which still exist). Team 401, The Hokie Guard, was co-founded by Aleisha Wallenstein and an alumni of Team 122. Last year, Aleisha helped create the 12 Israeli teams and the Israeli reagional competition. 10 of those teams returned to compete this year, and they were joined by 16 new teams. Aleisha is now the FIRST regional director of the Israeli regional.
Team 116 also played an important role in helping to start many area teams, especially in Fairfax County (such as 612 and 623). We have talked to Fairfax County Public Schools and other area education and science movement and played various roles in helping to start, or try to start, new area teams. Even earlier this year we attended an event at Devry University to help start new teams.
Additionally, by helping get NASA involved with FIRST, we have indirectly helped to found many many many more teams. ;)

116 alumnus Joanne Emerson founded a FLL team (unsure of number) and 116 has been greatly involved in the local FLL regional.

In 2005, FVC Team 18 was created as a pilot team for the Vex pilot program. 116 served as a mentoring body for it, and 116 members assist in the leadership, construction, and mentoring of FVC Team 18. Team 18 won the 2005 Pilot event at the Championships in Atlanta along with FVC Teams 27 and 48 last April.

116 is located in Herndon, Virginia, about 20 miles west of Washinton DC.

Jessica Boucher
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
But the question is...is Elgin up to date with Litchfield County history? (Speak it back to me, Elgin, I want to know if you've been listening) ;)

TheAnsweris42
02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
What team number are you presently: 1896

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: HOT (67)

Havent started or mentored anything - team was just started

RoboMom
02-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Wow! Somebody could have a really fun time doing this "FIRST Family tree" Did anyone every follow up on this? Could organize it by state. wish I had the time.... I could help with Maryland.

Anime-niac_2.9
02-02-2006, 04:54 PM
life for students on high school robotics teams may find it easier to do it during the summer. I haven't been able to sleep very well for a long time, but build season is really taking its toll on me. my system is so messed up right now I fell like collapsing and wouldn't want to wake up until my body has rested itself long enough.

more specifically, I usually get about five, six hours of sleep, but lately I've been getting about three.

Modulardragon
02-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Team now: 1236.
Always been 1236

haven't really mentored any teams, all the teams in our area are kinda tight about info. We shouldn't be, but we are. It happens.

FLL teams just apparently don't exist in southern va.

bigboi146
02-02-2006, 06:27 PM
im on team 1660
ive been on team 713

Dorienne
02-02-2006, 06:37 PM
What team number are you presently: 007

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): ----

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 0

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: 0

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: Baltimore Alliance System, basically all Baltimore teams help one another.

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Pine Grove Middle School's two teams. Their numbers change each year, so we don't exactly know their numbers.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started?: See above.

Your team location: Baltimore, Maryland

Dancin103
02-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Lets see...
Presently: 103
Have been team number: 75
Our team has mentored: about 50 plus teams!!!
Thats all I can remember right now!!!

This is fun!!!

Zyik
02-03-2006, 07:19 PM
What team number are you presently: 973 GRR

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: 1388

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: 1388

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:Batteries not included and Some Assembly required

Your team location: Atascadero CA

Wolf103FM
02-03-2006, 11:18 PM
been with 1028 since the 2003/2004 season

Marc P.
02-03-2006, 11:58 PM
But the question is...is Elgin up to date with Litchfield County history? (Speak it back to me, Elgin, I want to know if you've been listening) ;)

Don't tease him Jess, it's not nice ;)

On the other hand... let's see how much Elgin knows :cool:

tribotec_ca88
02-04-2006, 06:34 AM

None

383 Brazilian Machine, 75 Roboraiders

1621 Eniac Team, 1860 CEPHAS

1860 CEPHAS

FLL Tribotec Jr, Team Anglo

FLL Tribotec Jr

Your team location:
São José dos Campos, São Paulo, Brazil

Eugenia Gabrielov
02-04-2006, 09:36 AM

n/a

I don't know if we had specific mentoring, but we got a LOT of help from Trucktown, Beatty, and the Technokats, among many others. Thank you guys.

1555 in Monon, IN, and our team was connected with starting 1646 (Precision Guessworks) and 1747 (Harrison HS)

We've worked with teams we helped start, to varying degrees.

A bunch of West Lafayette teams

A bunch of West Lafayette teams (I believe)

Your team location:
West Lafayette, Indiana

Koko Ed
02-04-2006, 09:40 AM
So is anyone taking this stuff down and making some FIRST family tree or something?

Chuck Glick
02-04-2006, 10:11 AM

n/a

n/a

n/a

n/a

n/a

Your team location:
Ardmore, PA

Jessica Boucher
02-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Don't tease him Jess, it's not nice ;)

On the other hand... let's see how much Elgin knows :cool:

Yeah, I'm just not a nice person. It's tough love, really ;)

I may be getting old, but my ailing memory is telling me this has been attempted before, and it's quite the daunting task. But just by writing it down every so often we're a step ahead, because that means that it's not just reliant on verbal accounts.

So, Elgin? Tell me about Litchfield County and why all of their names are similar. ;)

Kims Robot
02-04-2006, 06:10 PM
What team number are you presently: 1511

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: helped by some local rochester teams & 229, no official mentoring.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: Helping 2 for 2007 (Lima & Alfred State) (I was an initial student on 176, founded 229 & 1511)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: helped other rookie teams in rochester last year, but no "official" mentoring.

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Sandstorm 4892, Seastorms 4286, Great White Sharks 4285

Sandstorms, Seastorms, Great White Sharks

Your team location: Penfield, NY

WEHickok
02-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Current Team number: 67
Other Team Number: 47

Involvement with FIRST Teams

What FIRST Team mentored us: We had the best come and help us...Dr. Joe of Team 47.

What FIRST teams have you helped start: This is a partial list...64, 217, 503, 1140, 1256. Two teams of former HOT Team members started 1504 and 1596.

What FIRST teams have you mentored: Too many teams to list.

Involvement with FLL

FLL Team we mentored this year: Six teams...don't know the numbers. We have had students mentor FLL teams every year since 1998. Most of the new students on the HOT Team this year took part in FLL.

FLL teams we started. All the teams in the Huron Valley School District have been started in some way by the HOT Team.

In 1998 the HOT Team organized at least one FLL team in every school in the district...a total of 54 teams. This was for the FLL pilot. Dean Kamen flew in from New Hampshire to witness the pilot. Some of those teams have continued to this day. Every year since 1998 we have held a qualifying regional and since 1999 have been responsible for the Official Michigan FLL Tournament.

The Heroes Of Tomorrow (HOT) are from the Huron Valley School District which includes Milford and White Lake, Michigan.

roboticsguy1988
02-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I was on an FLL team in Huntington, Indiana for a while in Junior High for about one year, but i forget our team number. Since then it has become inactive

I then joined the Huntington County, G-Force Robotics, Team #535 for a year, which then went inactive after that

Then i joined the new Huntington County team, Team THRUST, 1501. Went through a full year, going through this year, and will be there next year.

paulcd2000
02-05-2006, 11:29 AM
1719, team 007 mentored us, started FLL team in our middle school

Alex Burman
02-06-2006, 03:12 PM
What team number are you presently: 75

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): 56 (in 1996) 103 (1997)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: 1382, 1403 and a few more in the works

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: 272, 487, 1382, 1403, 1882,

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? we have at least 4 in the works

Your team location: Hillsborough, NJ, USA

the_short1
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
What team number are you presently: 1596

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 67

Your team location: Sault Ste. Marie Ontario / Michigan

Swan217
02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
What team number are you presently: 217 (Sterling Heights, MI)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 47

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: 326, 453, 818, 1509

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: 461, 395, 1189, 1744

217 collaborated with 229 in 2005 (making them stepsisters?)
An alumni from 47 started 448 (April Roach)
Alumni from 68 and 27 started 1506
An alumni from 67 started 1504 (Beth Sweet)
Team 494 restarted team 70 this year

Ty Tremblay
03-08-2006, 12:38 PM
319 Alton, NH

Originally number 6 but we were a pilot team one year and lost the number. We helped Gilford, NH (1521?) start up and they took the highest rookie seed award.

joshsmithers
03-08-2006, 01:19 PM
What team number are you presently: 587

Your team location: Hillsborough, NC, USA

yeah, we aren't exactly on our way to chairmans(no community involvement) :(

wow, this is alot of info, i hope you get it all down!

Katy
03-08-2006, 01:57 PM
I was involved with a FLL team during the time between going to college and my assignment to 1725. They are team FLL 3992. I don't know if you want to credit them to 190 (I attend WPI) 360 (the last team I was registered with) or 1725 (since it was founded at the time I just was not yet assigned)...or all three.

As a student (data good from 2001-2005)

What team number are you presently: 360

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: none during my time

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: 633 Foss (folded) (there are more but I do not know them)

1715, 1716 (two more from 2004...numbers not remembered. They are from Jason Lee Middle School of Tacoma WA and McIlvaigh Middle School Tacoma WA)

1715, 1716 (two more from 2004...numbers not remembered. They are from Jason Lee Middle School of Tacoma WA and McIlvaigh Middle School Tacoma WA)

Your team location: Tacoma WA

As a mentor (2006)

What team number are you presently: 1725

Supplies, Machining, Advice, Built our crate for us: 1685
Parts, Mentors, Advice: 190
Parts, Mentors, Advice: 1100
Advice: 360

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: none

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: see above

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? see above

Your team location: Worcester MA

Logan Byers
03-08-2006, 02:01 PM
A bunch of West Lafayette teams

A bunch of West Lafayette teams (I believe)

To Add:
We have 2 FLL teams at West Lafayette Jr/Sr high school and at least one FLL team at our nearby Happy Hollow Elementary. We also have aided in the start of many other area FLL teams.

BRosser314
03-08-2006, 02:16 PM
If you go to this link it will bring u to our main page from there go to Big MO Outreach on the bar on the left and there will be a tree that we created

http://www.314megatronoracles.com/

any questions PM me

Nate Laverdure
03-08-2006, 04:21 PM
What team number are you presently: 612

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: We mentored team 1731 from Warrenton, VA. They were the Highest Rookie Seed at 2006 NASA/VCU Regional!

Your team location: Chantilly, VA

neilsonster
03-08-2006, 04:37 PM
What team number are you presently: 772

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): N/A

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: N/A

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: N/A

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: N/A

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Block Robotics... don't know the team number.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? N/A

Your team location: LaSalle, ON, Canada

lukevanoort
03-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Currently: 587
No other numbers.

Apparently we mentored 900 during their rookie year. (Sort of odd since we were only a second year team)

We haven't started any FLL teams, and don't have any plans to. FVC on the other hand... lets just say, if we get more funding, so we can do it, FIRST is going to discover that we define "high school age" as grades 6-12. Of course, all of this is hypothetical and has nothing to do with my twenty step plan to becoming a good team. :rolleyes:

Sgraff_SRHS06
03-08-2006, 06:50 PM
As a student: (2004-2006)

What team number are you presently: 1111

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 7, 25, 116, 122, 165, 222, 225, 341, 365, 768, 836, 888

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: 1389

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: A team in nearby Crofton that folded shortly after its foundation.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? None, but we hosted a scrimmage event for local FLL teams

Your team location: Edgewater, MD, USA

Justin Montois
03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
What team number are you presently:340

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored:1405,1567

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:We currently mentor our Junior High team and the brighton Aquamen

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? We started the FLL team at our school

Your team location:Churchville,NY

Almaster
03-08-2006, 11:03 PM
Team:22 Double Deuce

Well we were one of the first teams in the West Coast..

in 2002 we mentored 22 teams and started 17 new teams in SO CAL thats why we won chairmans award. so all together i would say too many to count!! LOL that is what we are all about

SHARING THE PASSION!!!! :) :) :) :)

bhweezer
03-08-2006, 11:58 PM
What team number are you presently:364

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams):N/A

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: I think 118 mentored us in 2000, but I'm not a 100% sure on that.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started:N/A

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: 750, 590, 1201, 1235, 1421(i think), 1469, 1581, 1603, 1927 and we have worked with some of the Lousiana teams like 1304.

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:I'm not sure of the team numbers but we have mentored 5+ FLL teams. I'll try to figure out for sure what teams they are.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? Two that I know of. It could be up to 4 or 5 though.

Your team location:Gulfport, MS

preussrobotics
10-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Current Team Number: 3170
Past Team Numbers: 64, 498, 812
Currently Mentored by 812 and 498
Along with 812, I have been involved in the creation or mentoring of most of the San Diego area teams
We are located in Buckeye, AZ

Mark Pendergast
10-03-2009, 08:15 PM
What team number are you presently: 1760

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 45 and 292 have provided guidance and assistance over the years. (They gave the first demo at our school.)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: None - yet...

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: We have offered informal advice and guidance to a few teams, but nothing major.

Taylor
10-03-2009, 08:20 PM
What team number are you presently: 1529

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 234 (and unofficially 829)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: 3176, 3180

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: 3176

Your team location: Indianapolis, IN

TPNigl
06-14-2011, 01:53 PM
What team number are you presently: 69

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: none

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: HYPER Saints

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? Central Middle School, Atlantic Middle School, Point Webster Middle School, Broad Meadows Middle School, Sterling Middle School (all from Quincy, MA)

Your team location: Quincy, MA

luckof13
06-14-2011, 03:02 PM
FRC Team 3414
Faarmington Falcons

Dustin Shadbolt
06-14-2011, 05:11 PM
What team number are you presently: 1555

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: 461 from West Lafayette and we receive small help from other Indiana teams throughout the season.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: None officially. We just help out anyway possible.

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: We currently run a Lego Robotics program in our middle school.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? See Above.

Your team location: Monon,Indiana

Jogo
06-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Guys this thread is really really old. I don't see a need to keep it going.

inou8it
06-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Started team 3734 last season. This year we will be starting an FLL team at Neal Science Academy (North Chicago)

BJT
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
this thread really shouldn't have been revived until 2012. until now it had been on a 3 year cycle, 2003, 2006 and 2009 :)

WizenedEE
06-14-2011, 11:37 PM
What team number are you presently: 3238

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams): --

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: None on a personal basis, we have attended some workshops hosted by other teams primarily for rookies.

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started: One FLL (3304) and four Jr.FLL teams (unsure of numbers)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: FLL 3304

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: 3304

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? 3304

Your team location: Anacortes, WA

Marc S.
06-15-2011, 12:16 AM
What team number are you presently: 973 (2002 rookies)

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored: 1388 in 2004, 3512 in 2011.

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: We will be mentoring 2 teams in the fall.

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started: Started a Fll Team at Atascadero Jr. H.S. in 2003, and added another in 2006. They ended in 2008. We will be restarting the teams in the fall.

Your team location: Atascadero, California

teachsail
07-11-2011, 02:34 AM
What team number are you presently:2584

What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams):none

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team:599

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team started:3328

What, if any, FIRST team or teams have your team mentored:3328

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored:none

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started?none

Your team location:Reseda, Ca

Garret
07-11-2011, 01:58 PM
What team number are you presently:691
What other team numbers have you been (if any. only for older teams):none

What, if any, FIRST team or teams mentored your team: none that I know of

What FLL team or teams does your team mentor currently, or has your team mentored: Placerita Junior High (3-4), Pico Canyon Elementary (2), Girl Scouts(1), Home School (1), SCVi (2 in 2008, program now is self suffficient).

What FLL team or teams, if any has your team started? SCVi, We started teams at all the elementary schools in our valley which was at least 5-6 teams, but most of those teams disappeared in about 2006-2007, we are working on starting those teams again.

We also are running a FLL qualifying tournament.

Your team location: Santa Clarita, California.

sgreco
07-11-2011, 02:05 PM
Elgin Clock started this thread back in 2003 with the intention of creating a FIRST family tree. I don't believe this tree is still being created (correct me if I'm wrong).

I would say unless someone can verify that the information on this thread is currently being used then there is no point in posting here.

Elgin Clock
01-12-2012, 02:03 AM
It was a project I started, & yes... has been abandoned, but there is no harm posting here, & it's cool to see how teams have started other teams, so please continue folks! :]