PDA

View Full Version : Most Outragous Forecasts For This Years Game...

DaBruteForceGuy
12-06-2003, 08:42 PM
.... I felt it necessary to fuel the fire that is the predictions for this years game..... now, i said outrageous forecasts but one of my suggestions for this years game is.... and keep in mind i truly believe in this.......
the robots will be required to traverse a pit approximatly 3 feet deep containing highly potent hydrochloric acid mixed with rocket fuel wiht littel boats floating on the surface that contain asorted highly venomous snakes and nitroglycerine...... now once the robot reaches the other side of ths pit (and i assume that all robots will be able to find a wa to cross it).. they will be met by the other three robots and will be automatically switched into autonomous mode. the robots will then compete in a chess match and a highly competitive game of cats cradle (you know the one with the loop string) .. note: teams will have to supply their own string....... the winner of these games wins teh math....
OTHER POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FORTHE FOLLOWING:
- a robot that is equipped with a carpet steamer and cleans the carpet during the match (FIRST's answer to carpet problems)
- if the winning robot is nuclear powered

>>>>>>...anybody else have any ideas?

apk
12-06-2003, 08:52 PM
OTHER POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FORTHE FOLLOWING:
- a robot that is equipped with a carpet steamer and cleans the carpet during the match (FIRST's answer to carpet problems)
- if the winning robot is nuclear powered
-a robot that can survive the pit and still function in time for the next match

Ken Loyd
12-09-2003, 08:55 AM
A second cousin of a housekeeper who lives two streets away from Dean told my sisters best friend that this years game will not use wheels. All teams will be reguired to provide their own ice cubes. This may prove a problem for those of us who live in the desert.

Ken Loyd
Gila Monsters
Team #64 :yikes:

Joe Matt
12-09-2003, 09:38 AM
All teams will be required to make a fully functional '7-11 in a Robot', where the robot must accept money for gas, make slushies, cook bad hot dogs, and sell beer, BUT, it would have to check ID for those over 21. The point system will be based on the salery of an average person working at the 7-11, along with the amount of bad hot dogs sold as the multiplyer.

Elgin Clock
12-09-2003, 12:17 PM
A second cousin of a housekeeper who lives two streets away from Dean told my sisters best friend that this years game will not use wheels. All teams will be reguired to provide their own ice cubes. This may prove a problem for those of us who live in the desert.

Ken Loyd
Gila Monsters
Team #64 :yikes:
Not necessarilly, I've seen pics of people being able to ski in the desert because the sand was so fine!! lol

Ken Loyd
12-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Not necessarilly, I've seen pics of people being able to ski in the desert because the sand was so fine!! lol

Elgin,

The pictures you have seen were produced by the late Howard Hughes. The were filmed not long after the "fake" moon pictures. They were taken near Area 51. We can not say if they are real or not.

Ken Loyd
Team 64 :cool:

DaBruteForceGuy
12-10-2003, 05:04 PM
...oh yes, and to elaborate on my ideas... the shipping will include an impount this year (instead of at the competition). the robots will take a detour on their trip to the competition grounds to Housten TExas where NASA will launch them to Mars and they will be required to navigate and collect evidence from the martian atmosphere.

Elgin Clock
12-11-2003, 05:56 PM
Elgin,

The pictures you have seen were produced by the late Howard Hughes. The were filmed not long after the "fake" moon pictures. They were taken near Area 51. We can not say if they are real or not.

Ken Loyd
Team 64 :cool:
Uh.. well they looked pretty real to me.. I will try to find the picture I have, scan it, and post it sometime soon.

And I recall them being in a "reputable" magazine to boot.

Tristan Lall
12-11-2003, 08:49 PM
All teams will be required to make a fully functional '7-11 in a Robot', where the robot must accept money for gas, make slushies, cook bad hot dogs, and sell beer, BUT, it would have to check ID for those over 21. The point system will be based on the salery of an average person working at the 7-11, along with the amount of bad hot dogs sold as the multiplyer.
Not a chance--the legal age is 19 in Ontario: therefore, the Canadian Regional would have to be played by different rules. (Plus I'm not even sure if 7-11 is licenced to sell beer here. Probably not.)

DanL
12-13-2003, 03:23 PM

7-11 sells slurpees, the Kwik-e-Mart sells slushies.

;)

IMDWalrus
12-13-2003, 03:52 PM
7-11 sells slurpees, the Kwik-e-Mart sells slushies.

;)
Actually, the Kwik-E-Mart sells squishies.

I'm a Simpsons geek...and proud of it. :D

ChrisH
12-15-2003, 05:39 PM
To get this thread back on topic...

I think this year's game will be a judged performance similar to pairs ice skating. It will be almost totally subjective. Competition pairings will be announced in the first week so you can work with all your partners to develop your routines and pick the music you want to drive your robot to.

There might be some sort of object like a ball or platform that use can use to make "artistic" motions.

You thought 2001 was bad ....

Amanda M
12-16-2003, 12:35 AM

I think this year's game will be a judged performance similar to pairs ice skating. It will be almost totally subjective. Competition pairings will be announced in the first week so you can work with all your partners to develop your routines and pick the music you want to drive your robot to.

There might be some sort of object like a ball or platform that use can use to make "artistic" motions.

Oh yes! And while we're at it, let's just make robotics rhythmic gymnastics!

Points would be scored on the flexibility of the robot, it's ability to leap and/or tumble while either a) twirling a streamer b) going through a hula hoop, or c) balancing a bowling ball, and, of course, the entire routine would be performed to music, no longer than two minutes.

DaBruteForceGuy
12-17-2003, 02:56 PM
Oh yes! And while we're at it, let's just make robotics rhythmic gymnastics!

Points would be scored on the flexibility of the robot, it's ability to leap and/or tumble while either a) twirling a streamer b) going through a hula hoop, or c) balancing a bowling ball, and, of course, the entire routine would be performed to music, no longer than two minutes.

And of course it would have to be performed to all the worst pop music soundtracks we have all heard at each and every competition! aka - Britney Spears, Nelly... and just about every track on every NOW cd ever!

Andrew
12-17-2003, 05:25 PM
.... a pit approximatly 3 feet deep containing highly potent hydrochloric acid mixed with rocket fuel

mmmm....hydrazine...

Ken Loyd
12-18-2003, 10:43 AM

ChrisH,

I hate to disappoint you but, I have, based upon good evidence gathered by three dumpster divers at MIT, this years game information. To appease all the fans who have wanted a water game....this years competition will be based upon syncronized swimming. The alliances will require six robots each. If at the end of the 2 minute competition, all six robots surface upside down, the alliance will be awarded triple points. The Gila Monsters will be selling robot nose plugs as a fund raiser.

Ken Loyd
Team #64

PS. The finals have been moved to a one day event held on April 1st.

henryBsick
12-25-2003, 10:56 AM
And of course it would have to be performed to all the worst pop music soundtracks we have all heard at each and every competition! aka - Britney Spears, Nelly... and just about every track on every NOW cd ever!

Don't be trashin' Nelly. I know it may sound wierd but some of his stuff isn't that bad.

Melissa Nute
12-25-2003, 11:31 AM
They will be the all-sing,all-dancing poo of the world.

danielkitchener
12-29-2003, 02:05 AM
How bout this:
What if the robots engaged in hand-to-hand combat with the human players. Sort of a "BattleBots" meets "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". Points are doubled if you get blood splatters into the third row of the audience. However, there is a catch: the whole thing has to be autonomous (headache for me, the 408 head computer nerd...pixie pride!!!). :]

Noah
12-29-2003, 02:30 AM
Right, so imagine this: instead of only four robots on the field at a time, we make it sixteen. The field is only two times as large as it was last year, however, leading to an astonishing rate of robot traffic jams going through the bottleneck in the middle of the playing field. Suspended thirteen feet, 7.259 inches above the playing field is the Mega-Multipliyer. If at the end of autonomous mode 3 or more robots are touching the mega-multipliyer, all teams scores are multiplied by the number of robots touching the multiplyer minus one. Scoring is accomplished by moving "Furbies(tm)" to either of two incinerators located at each end of the field. The sixteen robots must work together, but each must work towards the individual robot goals that only one robot can accomplish in each round:
1) Demolish the most "Furbies(tm)" - 30 individual points
2) Control the Base (green carpet patch) - 10 points
3) Travel the furthest distance (Robot Odometers!) - 20 points
4) Consume the most souls - 666 points. (Judging on this is expected to be controversial as the major philosophical groups and religions grapple over a final definition of "soul", how possession of a "soul" can be taken, how possession of a "soul" effects the owner, whether or not we actually have "souls" in the first place, and if a "soul" is good as a lunch.)

A teams score is therefor calculated as
(robots touching Mega-Multiplyer at end of minute 1) * (Number of "Furbies(tm)" obliterated) / 3.141592 + Individual robot points.

maxgebhardt
12-30-2003, 12:56 AM
you've got it all wrong, this year's competition will be using humans as the object, where the object of the game is to seek out the other team's humans and feed them into some type of human-furnace which fuels your robot. the scoring will equal ((number of humans eaten/wieght of robot)+number of satanic sacrifice)*cases of mountain dew consumed by team.

then the tiebreaker will be a battle between the human players on each team on segways with jousting javalins, last team standing wins.

maxgebhardt
12-30-2003, 12:57 AM
oh and a robot designed singing/dancing contest will need to be in there somehow...

Rpifirst
12-30-2003, 10:42 AM
For this years game the whole thing will be in auto modes. In fact we just have to send the robot away to first tell them how we set it up then they'll runt he matches and give us trophies later.

Noah
12-30-2003, 03:46 PM
then the tiebreaker will be a battle between the human players on each team on segways with jousting javalins, last team standing wins.
Forget FIRST, I'll just start a segway jousting team at Venice High! How much fun would that be? I'll get the woodshop people working on making me a few lances as soon as we're back in session!

JohnBoucher
01-02-2004, 05:07 PM
A total ban on duct tape and plastic ties
:ahh:

rees2001
01-02-2004, 05:27 PM
I have heard from reliable sources that this year’s competition is going to go somewhat like the Miss America contest.
There will be robot bathing suit competitions (10 points)
Evening gown contests (20 points)
A talent shows part (50 points)
A sing & dance show (15 points)
& The best part will be the part where the robots have to dress up like Richard Simmons and shoot bees out of their mouths. (100 points)

MichalSkiba
01-03-2004, 08:04 PM
Submarines!!!! :D

maxgebhardt
01-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Submarines!!!! :D
complete with depth charges and torpedos! DIVE DIVE DIVE! AEOOOOGGAAH!

maxgebhardt
01-03-2004, 10:18 PM
personally I think the robot task this year will be to design and win a robot to compete in the FIRST LEGO league. no user interface either, all auto mode!

Ted Boucher
01-05-2004, 04:49 PM
For this years game we will have to build helicopters. This would lead to even more weight problems.

maxgebhardt
01-05-2004, 06:18 PM
how about if the design for this year's robot is to build a ridable mechanical horse at under 130 lbs. then players would need to ride thier robots in a robot rodeo!

IronSlayTallica
01-06-2004, 11:23 AM
I don't care. It's still a big game of Pong with 6 robots. 4 will keep the large rubber ball in motion while two others will race eachother across the football length field in autonomous mode while dodging multiple obstacles such as boxes, soccer balls, rampant chickens and rabid squirrels. No damage must be done to the boxes and balls, but 10 point for each chicken and 25 points for each squirrel. The multiplier will be Avagadro's number times the RPM of your robot's wheels plus the number of sprockets divided by boxes and balls hit. Decibal of noise makers will also count 3.2 points times the number on the scale.

danielkitchener
01-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Why am I reminded of a MissInformation photo of Dave holding a chicken under each arm and surrounded entirely by them? That was a pretty funny thread - that girl has too much fun with Photoshop. Will link to it when I can find it again... :ahh: