PDA

View Full Version : Suicide

Marygrace
12-19-2003, 09:41 PM
This past weekend a girl from my school commited suicide. She hung herself. We got into a huge discussion about it in my english class. My teacher, whom I admire, almost broke down into tears. He told us that his biggest fear was a student in his class commiting suicide and him thinking he could have done this or that to prevent it. My math teacher also broke down into tears. He was really stressed out that week because the next day his wife went into labor. All he could do while he was crying was continue to write the notes on the board and keep on saying "We just got to move on, we just got to move on," My aerobics teacher was also affected. When she took role and called the girls name she started crying because noone answered. It really hit everyone what had happened.

My point is, no matter what is wrong with your life there is always a way out, and someone always cares and will help. I don't mean to sound like I am lecturing but this affected my whole school. It will always get better. There is someone out there going through the same thing as you....

... I guess I am just venting, any thoughts on the subject?

Clark Gilbert
12-19-2003, 10:12 PM
This past weekend a girl from my school commited suicide. She hung herself. We got into a huge discussion about it in my english class. My teacher, whom I admire, almost broke down into tears. He told us that his biggest fear was a student in his class commiting suicide and him thinking he could have done this or that to prevent it. My math teacher also broke down into tears. He was really stressed out that week because the next day his wife went into labor. All he could do while he was crying was continue to write the notes on the board and keep on saying "We just got to move on, we just got to move on," My aerobics teacher was also affected. When she took role and called the girls name she started crying because noone answered. It really hit everyone what had happened.

My point is, no matter what is wrong with your life there is always a way out, and someone always cares and will help. I don't mean to sound like I am lecturing but this affected my whole school. It will always get better. There is someone out there going through the same thing as you....

... I guess I am just venting, any thoughts on the subject?

You might be able to find some thoughts here...
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22657&highlight=carolyn