PDA

View Full Version : Remove what from the K-O-P!

dez250
01-04-2004, 08:22 PM
I got an idea that i thought i would bring up here... Recently we have been talking about what we want to see added into this years game, ad to bring what back, BUT what could everyone do with out from the kit of parts?

To answer my question now, i think we could do without some of the motor mounting brackets!

~Mike

D.J. Fluck
01-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Why would you take something out of the KOP that was donated by some company? I'm sure that would go over well with them...

Also I'm sure that at least all parts are used in that kit even if it is by one team.....so why bother taking stuff out?

sanddrag
01-04-2004, 08:26 PM
To answer my question now, i think we could do without some of the motor mounting brackets!NO WAY! The drill mounts were awesome! I don't think you are referring to some other motor mounts because I don't believe there are any.

Now, what to get rid of. Well, I certainly would not have been disappointed if last years kit did not have the springs. But for the new year, who knows? We may need them.

Jay H 237
01-06-2004, 09:51 PM
I'll have to go along with DJ. No way is FIRST going to look a gift horse in the mouth. For FIRST to tell one or more of these companys "We don't want your free or reduced cost parts" would be a negative strike for FIRST. If FIRST did that to a company then the company might be reluctant to donate in the future(even if they're donating something different) thinking FIRST won't be interested or would just turn them down again. That could also drive up costs for building a robot if you have to buy some of the parts you had for free.

Well, with that out of the way, if I really had to choose a part I would say the "gutter guard". Out of the five years my team has done this that is one thing we have never had a use for. :rolleyes: We've never had a problem with leaves or squirrels getting in our robot! :D

Greg Needel
01-06-2004, 10:33 PM
I'll have to go along with DJ. No way is FIRST going to look a gift horse in the mouth. For FIRST to tell one or more of these companys "We don't want your free or reduced cost parts"

actully FIRST has done this.....when i was working as judge coordinator last year at long island i was talking to bob hammond and he told me that lock-tight (the thread stuff) offered to give every team some and due to conserns about teams using it as their faseners they turned it down...and depending on the game i could see them turning things down.

i wouln't miss the rotating light ( i mean if you pick the item least likely to be lost i wont be disapointed)