PDA

View Full Version : student inventor

matt111
01-11-2004, 12:18 AM
i bought the student version of inventor ( for liek $100), instead of pirating....

and i find it funny that whenever u create a new drawing, this message saying that the drawing will be permenantly plotter blocked pops up. i laugh at autodesk. lets warn all the people that bought our product and constantly hassle them and let the one who download and crack it from kazaa make millions of dollars plotting inventor drawings. i mean come on...what major company would use inventor as its main drawing/modeling software...jsut my two cents

GregTheGreat
01-11-2004, 12:21 AM
i bought the student version of inventor ( for liek $100), instead of pirating....

and i find it funny that whenever u create a new drawing, this message saying that the drawing will be permenantly plotter blocked pops up. i laugh at autodesk. lets warn all the people that bought our product and constantly hassle them and let the one who download and crack it from kazaa make millions of dollars plotting inventor drawings. i mean come on...what major company would use inventor as its main drawing/modeling software...jsut my two cents

Well Inventor is a nice program to work with seeing as it is easy to learn and apply basic commands... it also can be used it high caliber ways... It sucks with the pop ups but hey its autodesk... im not their biggest fan to say the least....

Maybe it was the dozens of hours spent on the fone getting registration codes everyweek for our machines.

-Greg The Great

Clark Gilbert
01-11-2004, 12:48 AM
i mean come on...what major company would use inventor as its main drawing/modeling software...jsut my two centsYou would probably be shocked, maybe even have a heart attack at the amount of companies that use Inventor. I would not be surprised to hear that it's probably used somewhere inside of companies such as Delphi, GM, etc. A quick search shows that a ship building company, a rock crusher company, and a motor coach company. Also things like "Leading Packaging Industry Companies Select Autodesk Inventor over SolidWorks and SolidEdge Software" and "Brakes India to Use Autodesk Inventor: Automotive Brake Manufacturer in India Transitions from 2D to 3D Design." It seems like Inventor would be a great way to save a few bucks or increase productivity when a company uses CAD. For some reason people always think this program was created to teach high school kids CAD. :confused:

matt111
01-11-2004, 10:51 AM
wow never thought of that clark. i guess u are right cause the facts dont lie. it still just makes me mad. atleast turn the pop-up off after a few drawings...

R2K2D2
01-13-2004, 03:46 PM
Well, when it comes to packages, there are different Tiers of software packages out there. Your Catia's are your tier one type software packages that take you the user (company) from engineering the product to the design, production, finite element analysis, shipment etc. Those are the types of software packages that really allow the user to go w. the designed product from the brainstorming and design phases to the distribution of the product to the customer. They allow the user to do a great deal of analysis on the product so on and so forth. Then you kind of have tour Tier 2 software packages such as Inventor. It has good design capability and takes the user through the process, just not as much as your Tier 1 packages. Then there are kind of youe Tier 3 such as IronCAD or some programs like that. Remember along w. the Tier system, comes the price system. Tier 1 packages cost the most amount of money, then Tier 2, and then Tier 3. It would be benificial for a small company who may not have as huge and global customers to use Inventor which is cheaper yet offers great design capability in comparison to global companies such as Honda, Toyota, Boeing etc who have a huge global customer.

Jeff Waegelin
01-13-2004, 04:03 PM
i mean come on...what major company would use inventor as its main drawing/modeling software...jsut my two cents

I know that my dad's company, ABB (Asea Brown Boveri) is Autodesk's largest customer worldwide. They have more licences of AutoCAD and Inventor than any other company in the world. Now, they're not a "major" company compared to say, GM, but they're a Tier 1 supplier for the Big Three, and they're involved in other non-automotive business all around the world.

R2K2D2
01-13-2004, 04:10 PM
I know that my dad's company, ABB (Asea Brown Boveri) is Autodesk's largest customer worldwide. They have more licences of AutoCAD and Inventor than any other company in the world. Now, they're not a "major" company compared to say, GM, but they're a Tier 1 supplier for the Big Three, and they're involved in other non-automotive business all around the world.

I was just using that as a very very general example.

matt111
01-13-2004, 05:22 PM
ok no more talking for me...lol or ill get owned teh facts

btw my main rant was that people can download it illegal and i paid for it and autodesk treats me as if im trying to do something illegal