PDA

View Full Version : 2004 FLASH Game Simulator

Suneet
01-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Here we have a drag-drop Game Simulator / Scoring program. Very interactive, cool looking! You have to try this! Courtesy of RodoDox Team #599.

All 3 types of balls can be drag-dropped, but goals have a purple ball spinner to add/remove them quickly. Goals are movable.

*Minimum* suggested screen resolution is 1024x764. It won't look good with less, and look great at high resolutions.

The files are now in the whitepapers! Go there to download.

Whitepapers (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/papers.php?s=&categoryid=4&perpage=10&direction=DESC&sort=date)

The .EXE version supports Full Screen, so I reccomend it over the html.

(2X Ball drag bug is fixed)

These will be in the White Papers soon enough (Thanks Brandon!), and for now, this is fine.

Questions? Comments? Bug reports? I'll update if needed, ASAP+.

Enjoy!

-Suneet Upadhyay :D
thrawn@uclink.berkeley.edu

http://www.msnusers.com/GrandAdmThrawn@msn.com/Documents/sc1.gif

Here's the contents of the readme file (also found in the .zip files below):
Purple Balls(5pt):

Can be dragged directly in to goals, or the # of purples in a goal can be increased or decreased using the arrows near

the purple floater which is found by all four goals with the label "x5". The arrows are the fast way to add purple
balls to the goal.

Yellow Balls(10pt):

Can only be added to goals by dragging the ball directly into the goal. A Yellow floater appears with the label "x10"
and a downwards pointing arrow. Click that arrow to remove a 10pt ball and have it return to field starting position.

2X Balls:

2 of these start stuck to the movable goals. When a 2X is stuck to a goal, the goal has a yellow floater that says
"2X". Clicking the yellow arrow next to this floater will free the 2X gall from the goal. Drag into the vicinity of a
goal to attach to the goal.

Hanging:

When a robot is near the chin-up bar, a blue floater appears with the words "chin Up" and an up-arrow. Click that to
attach that robot to the bar. Click the down arrow in the floater of an attached robot to detach it.

Field Control Buttons:

-reset Field: Resets the field to 0pts, competition specs.
-gather Purple Balls: Puts stray purple balls (balls on the field but not in a goal) in to the nearest

release chute.
-release Balls: Scatters all balls in the player station on to the field.

Ragin_Kage
01-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks a lot, this looks pretty cool

GregTheGreat
01-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks a lot, this looks pretty cool

This will definitrly help in explaining the game to fellow team members.

-Greg The Great

Gadget470
01-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Very slick RoboDox

D.J. Fluck
01-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Again, you go off and make an awesome FLASH simulator....kudos to you and Nice Job! :)

-D.J.

Suneet
01-12-2004, 06:31 PM
I just fixed a minor isuue with the 2X balls not observing the field boundry.

Sorry 'bout that!

Jeremy
01-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Thanks it really helps out a lot with explaining the game and it can also be used to stradagize

sanddrag
01-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Do you have it somewhere else because your tripod account has gone over limit.

Tim Hawes
01-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Do you have it somewhere else because your tripod account has gone over limit.

If you don't have it somewhere else sanddrag, email me at timhawes@girderboot.com and i can host it for you :)

Suneet
01-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Now I've posted direct links to the MSN mirror, hopefully that will stay up...

Tim, if you want, you could download the files and then post them, and we could put up links to that too.

Thanks!

Tim Hawes
01-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Now I've posted direct links to the MSN mirror, hopefully that will stay up...

Tim, if you want, you could download the files and then post them, and we could put up links to that too.

Thanks!

It wants me to login in order to download, and even if I do, it doesn't work... :ahh:

Pierson
01-12-2004, 11:38 PM
This is wonderful! Thank you very very very much for creating this!

mtaman02
01-12-2004, 11:49 PM
i keep getting the tripod homepage. apparently somethings not clicking right

Suneet
01-13-2004, 12:50 AM
There's 3 tripod mirros now, I'm thinking that one of them has got to work.

indieFan
01-13-2004, 01:21 AM
The zipped files have now been placed within Team 599's webpage system. You can access these files at the following:

http://www.csun.edu/~robodox/ff.zip

and

http://www.csun.edu/~robodox/ffEXE.zip

There are currently no links directly from the webpage as it is being overhauled as we speak.

indieFan

that1guy
01-13-2004, 01:47 AM
hey, thanx for the fun game, now we can work more on scoring and stategy now, while were waiting for parts to be done, but you have no way of knowing how many balls fit in each goal, and that is our main problem right now :confused:

robolemur1236
01-13-2004, 09:29 AM
the tripod ones are working now, but it asked me to sign in to msn like 3 times before that... i got it ne way

Joe Matt
01-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Just to add, you need to change the HTML from FinalWEB to the real .swf file.

Also, the doubler balls and 5x balls don't like following the rules. They disappear and the 5x ones don't go into the ball shute. This is in the HTML version.

jedilearner
01-13-2004, 01:40 PM
i feel that sunset shouldrecive a big hand for his dedacation in making a simulstor that drags and drops.

Suneet
01-13-2004, 01:43 PM
In response to JosephM's concern (many thanks!) the tripod mirrors have been updated with file sthat have these changes:

2X balls will not disappear
5pt balls can be dragged anywhere
The HTML file in the HTML version is correct

I suggest to anyone who intends to use the program, please go back and get the latest version.

Thanks everyone for your support!

Suneet
01-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks to Brandon, the files can now be found in the white papers ("papers") section of this site.