PDA

View Full Version : Autonomous mode

Tyler Olds
02-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Hey what is your main plan for your autonomous mode?

Elgin Clock
02-15-2004, 11:22 PM
To do a pre game warm-up dance!!
:rolleyes: :D

Tyler Olds
02-15-2004, 11:31 PM
To do a pre game warm-up dance!!
:rolleyes: :D

"Shake it, shake it like a Polaroid Picture, shake it, shake it
Shh you got to, shake it, shh shake it, shake it, got to shake it
(Shake it Suga') shake it like a Poloroid Picture"

(Sorry shouldn't get off track)

Elgin Clock
02-15-2004, 11:33 PM
Not the song I was thinking of, but... ok, that'll do!!! lol

Geoff
02-16-2004, 01:40 AM
Our plan is simple.

Simple, but effective.

We used neural nets to train our system to the point of unbeleivable accuracy, so we're sure this will work.

First, the robot will use a couple scanners to locate the balls, and a CCD system combined with Sherlock (http://www.goipd.com/Products/Sherlock/) will locate the judge.

Next, the death laser shall stem forth in a glorious green light, and eliminate any judges.

With lack of judging, we should easily be declared the winner of our match. Especially if we point to the laser.

telkanuru
02-16-2004, 01:56 AM
Next, the death laser shall stem forth in a glorious green light, and eliminate any judges.

With lack of judging, we should easily be declared the winner of our match. Especially if we point to the laser.

Yeah, I'm still concerned about the power draw on the battery because of the laser. 20 Amp-hours dosn't seem like quite enough, and that cold fusion power design I was working on this afternoon didn't seem to quite be up to what I would call "working". On the upside, I did find a cure for cancer. I think the judges wouldn't notice if we added 2 more batteries, especially if they were dodging the laser/vaporized.

tophq
02-16-2004, 11:54 AM
wow...you guys make my team look like rubbish now. im ashamed. we just decided to go for the 10 point ball...lol. can i join yer team guys? ill pay! ;)

Tyler Olds
02-16-2004, 09:52 PM
For those of you who are still in debate, would you mind posting what you plan on doing once you figure it all out?

Thanks

Heretic121
02-16-2004, 10:47 PM
i have little idea of what we are doing... but i think we are going to try to knock both over and hope the mover goal is on our side. and get that once autonomous is over... but thats just a guess from what ive seen =D

Jon Anderson
02-17-2004, 08:10 AM
EMP or vacuum.

We're still undecided, but we're leaning towards the vacuum.

Joe Matt
02-17-2004, 08:17 AM
Either we will make a gross dozen KK donuts, we will use the topsy turvy gun from Armed and Dangerous, or we will use our computing power of our controller to do SETI@home.

pras870
02-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Autonomous? What's autonomous? Awwww, I guess our robot is just gonna spin around in a circle firing rockets into the crowd killing innocent people. Sigh, back to the drawing board.

Tyler Olds
02-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Can we please get some serious imput (though I do like my fun and games (see above posting))?

Sachiel7
02-18-2004, 12:18 AM
Well I put other in the vote box.
Basically this year we're using a table-driven dead reckoning auto mode.
We have an autonomous function selection panel, a switch panel of 10 switcehs, each to perform a single funtion. For example, one switch might be "grab goal" or "uncap goal" or "drive back to driver station" and so forth.
At the init of auto mode, a table is set up bild from all the smaller functions tables, and the autonomous mode is executed step by step.
That means you probably won't see us doing the same thing twice.
See you at competition!

MisterX
02-18-2004, 10:39 AM
We are doing something like line following/ infered lighting if we decide to go for the 10 pt. but if we are going for the goal we are set up for Dead reackonign I believe

ngreen
02-18-2004, 10:46 AM
We aren't using infra-red until we are within feet of the beacon.

Joe Matt
02-18-2004, 01:07 PM
We aren't using infra-red until we are within feet of the beacon.

Well, technically you already are. :)

But anyway, 384 is doing are trust dead-recog. I was thinking of doing a fail-safe type system, where the robot would line-follow, then if it looses the line, instead of just stopping, goes into infra-red detection mode, then in dead-recon.

Lil' Lavery
02-21-2004, 08:49 AM
We're probably gonna go for the bonus ball, but we have the possibility to manipulate the goal or the 2x on top of it, possibly at hte same time. Using our insanley fast robot,we could do it all, but with our luck, we'd explode immediately afterword. Otherwise, DANCE CODE!!!!!!!! But, we'd explode after that also, or get beaten by people who hate watching robots dance really badly.

ZZII 527
02-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Since we haven't gotten it to go straight with any consistancy, we are going to just let it run wherever it wants and take it from there.

Tyler Olds
02-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Since we haven't gotten it to go straight with any consistancy, we are going to just let it run wherever it wants and take it from there.

Well thats one way to go about it. One of our secondary automodes is kind of like that.

kacz100
02-22-2004, 12:01 AM
hopefully if everything goes correctly, we might have a waypointing system that we can change directly before the match using a GUI and selecting a path and having it write the code....but.... we may not have time to finish it.

stupidfreshman
02-22-2004, 12:56 AM
i hate to sound stupid but what is dead reckoning

Taylor_Ratliff
02-22-2004, 11:02 AM
We have two autonomus modes, one that will follow the line and trigger the ball drop, and the other that my team is pretty secrative about.

Aignam
02-22-2004, 11:14 AM
i hate to sound stupid but what is dead reckoning
Dead reckoning is when your robot performs pre-programmed commands during autonomous without the use of sensors. Essentially, you tell the robot to turn this motor until so-and-so and this one until this, that, and the other thing.

Wetzel
02-22-2004, 11:28 AM
I didn't see any autonomus code run at the scrimmage at the National Building museum yesterday. Except for the one robot that looked like it tried to line follow, but it just went in circles...

Wetzel

Tyler Olds
02-22-2004, 12:05 PM
........Except for the one robot that looked like it tried to line follow, but it just went in circles...

Wetzel

Hey that sounds like our robot from last year until we switched to dead reckoning.

Tyler Olds
02-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Oh yeah, we will be going under the ball drop for our main, our secondary incase our partner can catch better (which we shouldn't need) will be to go over to the other side and do something. Watch for pics and video either today or tommarow (2/22 - 2/23) of us catching all 18 balls.

Ryan M.
02-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Our primary is to go under the ball drop. (And our robot is capable of catching all of the balls :cool: ) Our secondary is probably to go graba movable goal and a third is to knock the bonus ball off. We probably won't do the bonus ball, since the balls drop at 45 seconds anyways and if we cathc them all and give them to our human player we should still be ok.

Oh, yeah, and we have a possible fourth, which is to do the chinup at the very beginning. Did that one mostly just for the fun of it; I mean, really, would you want to hang yourself in the first 15 seconds? :)

Tom Bottiglieri
02-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Our primary is to go under the ball drop. (And our robot is capable of cathing all of the balls :cool:)

we were trying to do the same thing... u better have some kind of hook to get a mobile goal out of the human plaeyr chute, because alot of teams stuffed them in there yesterday, and we were not able to deliver the balls effectively

Ryan M.
02-22-2004, 01:22 PM
we were trying to do the same thing... u better have some kind of hook to get a mobile goal out of the human plaeyr chute, because alot of teams stuffed them in there yesterday, and we were not able to deliver the balls effectivelyHum, good point. We do have a movable goal manipulator (big words... :)), but it might be hard to use with balls in our hopper.

jacob_dilles
02-22-2004, 01:31 PM
our orignal plan was to use trianglation to find the bonus balls... yeah that got real far. then we were gonna line track. but that didnt work out either. so now were just gonna dead recokon at the bonus ball, and maybe grab the 2x ball/latch on to the movable goal. so i guess thats an undetermined...