PDA

View Full Version : Team light - blinks both colors

MikeDubreuil
02-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Our team light alternates between a red and blue strobe. I have heard that the default strobe is blue. We also have been unable to change the color of the strobe by changing channels. Is there a problem?

MikeDubreuil
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Umm... yeah, changing channels doesn't matter- when you're tethered. Problem solved.

computhief263
02-20-2004, 05:07 PM
hrmmm....i know that when the robot is tethered the team lights blink both red and blue alternally.

when we tested our control system the lights only blinked one color when using radios

greencactus3
02-20-2004, 10:33 PM
ours alternated both with tether and radio.
is that bad?

and how do you attach the lights?
i only see one hole on the back. and no bolts in the kit are the correct size..
can i just drill small holes on the corners to let bolts through?

kevin.li.rit
02-20-2004, 10:49 PM
I wouldn't worry about it ours blink both as well.

computhief263
02-20-2004, 11:31 PM
and how do you attach the lights?
i only see one hole on the back. and no bolts in the kit are the correct size..
can i just drill small holes on the corners to let bolts through?

If you take the covers off the lights there are 2 spots about the size of button cell batteries, my team just drilled holes in each of these spots for a bolt to go throught and bolted them to mounts attached to the frame rails. It doesnt affect the light or its inner workings so FIRST shouldnt have a problem w/ it.

Elgin Clock
02-20-2004, 11:34 PM
It looks as though double sided 3M tape should do the trick, if that's an allowable fastener...

kevin.li.rit
02-20-2004, 11:36 PM
We used ruber bands that came with the kit.

Noah
02-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Taken from Innovation First Full-Size RC Reference page 10:

By default, these LED units will display red if you are using the default practice channel of 40. If you
use a channel adapter to change to another radio channel, the team color will differ. Channels 4, 22, and
40 will cause a red team color to flash, while channels 13 and 31 cause blue. In general, the user cannot
control the team color, because it is set by the Arena Controller during competition.

Note that you cannot change the color yourself without a channel adapter connecting competition pin 12 to competition pin 8.