PDA

View Full Version : A Crime Scene In Our Robotics Room!

geo
02-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Who poped the yellow ball and duck taped it??????????

http://www.warp7.ca/resource_area/administration/zhengy/ball.jpg

Jay H 237
02-21-2004, 06:10 PM
Yep, looks all to familiar. We've had people in the past rupture our balls and then throw them in our storage closet for some unsuspecting person to try to reinflate them. We did have some of the small red balls puncture this year and I successfully repaired them by using a rubber tube repair kit from NAPA or if they had a small hole (pencil point size) I used Fix-A-Flat to inflate them. If you ever used that stuff it is essentially glue in a can and those balls now have an additional membrane making up thier "skin". I also sacrificed a needle point adapter doing that but if I try soaking it in laquer thinner I may be able to reclaim it.

EddieMcD
02-21-2004, 06:31 PM
::enters detective mode::

Well, it doesn't look like precision work. Looks like the culprit was in a rush. You can tell by the way they duct taped the wound. We need to look for a motive. What kind of grudge could someone have held against the victim? Could the victim have had some dirt on someone? Have you determined the weapon used? Unfortunately, unless someone comes clean, these kind of cases almost never get solved. That poor ball... it was so young... My condolences to it's family and friends.

In all seriousness, have you tried soldering it back together? No, I'm serious. Heat up where any tear may be and melt it back together. Not the strongest hold in the world, but it will still hold up to normal robot interaction.

Ah ha! It was the robot all along! :D