PDA

View Full Version : Control Boards

tenfour
02-27-2004, 09:14 PM
Can anybody hook it up with pics of a cool control board? I am trying to make one, but need a design to copy.

Rickertsen2
02-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Can anybody hook it up with pics of a cool control board? I am trying to make one, but need a design to copy.There are a few of them in the pic gallery.

Ben.V.293
02-27-2004, 10:25 PM
for 293 i made a brushed alluminum/blue acrylic control box. its got two of last years joysticks that mount flush with the top of the box and led's. it's pretty hot looking. i'll try to get a pic up a little later.

Shu Song
03-01-2004, 08:01 PM
you dont' wanna what our teammates came up with as a final design and almost went through with it.

Ok, I'll tell you. The task of designing a control box was appointed to the girls on the team, and the first thing they screamed out was, "It can be heart shaped." Imagine 2 pieces of wood, shaped like a heart that can fold in on itself and make one heart. Despite almost the entire team telling them not to do it, they still wanted to do it. So, powerless to stop them, we let them go ahead and build it.

We check back with them a few days later and they had scapped their idea. Why? It was too hard to make and painstakingly difficult to use, which were the exact reasons that we told them not to do it in the first place.

So now our box is just an elongated box with a piece of sheet metal that pulls out with the O/I and switches. It took about 2 days to finish.