PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Private Message Pop-Up

Brandon Martus
03-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Remember that annoying private message pop-up?
Do you hate it as much as I do?
Yes?
Then you're probably as happy as I am to know that it is gone now.

There is now a checkbox to request a read reciept. There is also an option in your user cp (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/usercp.php?) to have the 'request read reciept' box checked all the time by default, or not checked by default.

Let me know if you see any problems with this.

Ian W.
03-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Actually, I have to say I rather liked that popup box. I guess it's because I barely get any PMs, so when one comes I can know right away.

Maybe you can make it a user option to have it or not?

<Edit>Err, my bad, there seems to be an option for that in the User CP :p.</edit>

Brandon Martus
03-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Yeah -- I was talking about when you send the PM, not when receiving. The 'new pm' pop up will still come up, if you so desire.

After you sent a PM, it would ask 'do you want a read receipt?' via javascript pop-up. This is now accomplished in the form of a checkbox below the message input box now. And you can set the default value in your options, right below the other PM pop-up options.

jacob_dilles
03-09-2004, 11:11 AM
yes i hated that stupid javascript box... nice one

Mike Schroeder
03-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Now, my only problem, is when i get a private message, and the little pop up pops up and askes me to veiw it, and i press okay, i get nothin......

Wetzel
03-10-2004, 08:52 PM
So THATS why I was having problems at the school library...

It being gone is cool with me.

Wetzel

Cory
03-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Mike- Are you using the Google toolbar or another popup blocker? If so, you need to hold Ctrl while you click the link, then it will open.

Cory