PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get hit by the Cool Squad?

Wayne C.
04-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Just curious- the guys had over 100 contracts to execute. Were you a victim?

WC :cool:

Steve W
04-22-2004, 06:54 PM
Silly me for asking but what is the Cool Squad ?

Rich Kressly
04-22-2004, 06:56 PM
I was. Twice. You'll be hearing from my attorney :)

BandChick
04-22-2004, 07:18 PM
I was...some strange guy named wayne cokeley took one out on me "just because" ;) great idea! and fun and well worth it. hey, we all have a little repressed anger for other FIRSTers! :)

JVN
04-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Several of us are filing a joint lawsuit.
I'll have my people contact your people.

MOEmaniac
04-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Nope, I luckly wasn't a victim

Spaztik Duck
04-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Silly me for asking but what is the Cool Squad ?

yeah... sorry but what is it?

BandChick
04-22-2004, 07:51 PM
yeah... sorry but what is it?
The Cool Squad. 6 members of Team 25 (Raider Robotix) armed with Airzookas, and holding the Mafia look with hats and sunglasses. Toured the arena and the pits for 3 days taking out "contracts (http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/bandchick/FIRST/Atlanta/Imag0044.jpg)" on individuals. These contracts would allow the Cool Squad to encirlcle you and shoot a blast of air at you. You were then given your contract (hence why I have a photograph of my own) and a button. Keep and eye out for them at future competitions! ;)

Brandon Martus
04-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Big Mike told Amanda Morrison and I that we had hits out on us, and we managed to avoid the Cool Squad. We almost got caught .. maybe next year. :)

team222badbrad
04-22-2004, 08:22 PM
I was told they were hunting for me. This was due to flipping their robot last year.

THEY NEVER MANAGED TO FIND ME HEH!

BandChick
04-22-2004, 08:28 PM
My only problem with the cool squad was the members on it didn't seem to know enough of the people that had contracts. Too many of them were either newbies to chiefdelphi, newbies to FIRST, or not really involved enough to know big names except what they had seen at previous competitions this year. I think there should be a screening process...like, match the names with the photos. and the top 6 should be comprising the squad. that's just my $0.02

D.J. Fluck
04-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Big Mike said their was a hit out for me...no clue why. The only time I came remotely close to them is when they came to our pit asking "Who is Andy Baker and where can we find him?" lol youngins....

Amanda Morrison
04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Big Mike told Amanda Morrison and I that we had hits out on us, and we managed to avoid the Cool Squad. We almost got caught .. maybe next year. :)

Brandon ran, and I segway'd the heck out of there every time we saw them.
/me ain't about to get caught. :)

Mike Schroeder
04-22-2004, 08:58 PM
those things are harmless the only thing they could shoot with those were air born deaseases

your just mad cause it takes your team 5 minutes to take a picture of you being bear hugged.... that pic should be on the internet too ;)

JVN
04-22-2004, 09:19 PM
those things are harmless the only thing they could shoot with those were air born deaseases

Ya know...
I've had this WICKED cold ever since I got back from Atlanta.

That's not even funny. :mad:

Vivelation
04-22-2004, 09:35 PM
So the people w/those air-blaster thingies were from the Cool Squad? Heh, we saw them at one point when we were in this crowded elevator and they blasted some air at us, which was nice of them :D And dude yeah, half of my team is sick because of ATL, and then um, we passed it on as "presents" to our teachers and we're all still sick. Which stinks.

Redhead Jokes
04-22-2004, 10:36 PM
Just curious- the guys had over 100 contracts to execute. Were you a victim?

:D Way cool!
I got hit with "having a mean cd avatar".
Wish there were pics.

Redhead Jokes
04-22-2004, 10:39 PM
half of my team is sick because of ATL, and then um, we passed it on as "presents" to our teachers and we're all still sick. Which stinks.

*grumble* Is that what this sinus infection is from?

Lil' Lavery
04-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Never noticed the "cool squad" at Annapolis, but 25 was there. Hmmmm.....

Jones571
04-22-2004, 10:41 PM
Koko ed told me to watch my self there was a price on my head, so i was able to keep a safe distance from them. I also have had a nasty cold the past few days after Atlanta :(

Joel J
04-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Ya know...
I've had this WICKED cold ever since I got back from Atlanta.

That's not even funny. :mad:
ditto.

Greg Ross
04-22-2004, 10:47 PM
You too? (Yeah, me too. :( )

Koko Ed
04-22-2004, 11:05 PM
Yes I was.
I bought my nephews a pair of air cannons and considered sending them in for a revenge sneak attack. Who'd suspect a pair of ten year olds? :p

chellyzee93
04-22-2004, 11:39 PM
woah woah.. I got no contract and I was still bombarded with coolness...

I smell a lawsuit! :P

John Larock
04-23-2004, 07:24 AM
The Cool Squad got in their "hit" on me.

I was coming back to the pit after a match and I heard someone calling my name. As I turned around, a pack of Soprano's wannabes read their "contract" and proceeded to douse me with compressed air.

The contract stated that I was on the hit list because I "invented the MOEStick." Well, looks like the godfather of Team 25 was fooled by MOE's cunning plan. You see, you put the hit on the wrong person. Our adult spirit leader, Vince Keedy, was the original inventor of the MOE Stick. He is now safe in a secret underground compound and I am smarting air welts.

Take that COOL SQUAD!!!!!

Adam Y.
04-23-2004, 07:48 AM
Sinus infections are not contagious.:) Though yeah I have one also. My mom told me Atlanta was rated the worst place for allergies this year.

Rich Kressly
04-23-2004, 08:10 AM
After an initial conference call with our joint legal team, John VN and I, on behalf of the entire group, will be filing for the following damages (per person) in federal court:

1. $5M for promoting the spread of airborne viruses (expect to hear from the CDC as well)
2. $100K for hearing loss from compressed air
3. $75K emotional distress/pain and suffering. ANY sound of air at all causes us to quiver in fear and the slightest wind leads to paranoia, loss of sleep, reduced appetite, anxiety, and high blood pressure.
4. $34 for hairstyling

25, I realize you are from Joisey, but you will need to do better than your cousin Vinny to get you out of this one.

Oh, and I'm throwing in another $5K for the broken ribs suffered from Big Mike's infamous bearhug.

Brandon Martus
04-23-2004, 10:54 AM
Me too. Bah.

Steve-0
04-23-2004, 01:43 PM
They came to our pit asking for our drive team (they werent there since they had just finished a match). When they showed up they lined em' up, read them the contract, and shot em. The reason? "Excessive Pinkness"

Kyle
04-23-2004, 02:31 PM
I got hit for "to much green hair in the eairly am"

MikeL303
04-23-2004, 04:33 PM
is this squad going to off season comps?

Andy Baker
04-23-2004, 04:42 PM
The only time I came remotely close to them is when they came to our pit asking "Who is Andy Baker and where can we find him?" lol youngins....

Muuuahahahahah! They'll never catch me!

btw, one of those AirZookas has been in our TechnoKat shop since February. I just took it home last night. My kids love it... my dog doesn't. Serves him right. Does anyone want a 10 year old beagle with an attitude?

Andy B.

Wayne C.
04-23-2004, 04:48 PM
After an initial conference call with our joint legal team, John VN and I, on behalf of the entire group, will be filing for the following damages (per person) in federal court:

1. $5M for promoting the spread of airborne viruses (expect to hear from the CDC as well)
3. $75K emotional distress/pain and suffering. ANY sound of air at all causes us to quiver in fear and the slightest wind leads to paranoia, loss of sleep, reduced appetite, anxiety, and high blood pressure.
4. $34 for hairstyling

25, I realize you are from Joisey, but you will need to do better than your cousin Vinny to get you out of this one.

Oh, and I'm throwing in another $5K for the broken ribs suffered from Big Mike's infamous bearhug.

To respond-

1-$5M for airborne disease- chances are you got that from cows in your neighborhood
2.-$100 for hearing loss- I'm told you never listen anyway...no loss
3.-$75 for emotional distress- when this can be proven as effecting your conjugal functions then we talk. Care to fess up?
4.-$34 for hairstyling- come on- we did you a favor.

Keep it up and I'll want the chickee back!! Grr!

Clark Gilbert
04-23-2004, 04:48 PM
Muuuahahahahah! They'll never catch me!

btw, one of those AirZookas has been in our TechnoKat shop since February. I just took it home last night. My kids love it... my dog doesn't. Serves him right. Does anyone want a 10 year old beagle with an attitude?

Andy B.
Andy,

I'll trade you one big bad doberman for your 10 year old beagle with an attitdue ;)

Just wondering, does anyone have any pictures of this so called "Cool Squad"?

Rich Kressly
04-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Next year Team 103 will pay the entrance fee for 25's Cool Squad to attend the "History of FIRST" conference to ensure proper education about those they are in pursuit of. Never again will the likes of famous FIRSTers go unscathed. If I'm going to get hit, so are you Baker.

EddieMcD
04-23-2004, 04:50 PM
I got hit for "to much green hair in the eairly am"
So in other words: probably better I wasn't there. That'd be the first of many hits against me, most likely organized by Big Mike.

4. $34 for hairstyling

Why bother? With the American legal system, it'll take years, and they'd probably still get off clean. Just organize your own hit squad to take out the Cool Squad. Just think, you could arm them with airzookas, super soakers, water grenades, and maybe some of those directional hypersonic sound speakers (so when they hear any weird sounds and ask if anyone else heard them, no one else would have, and people will think they're crazy and it will scare the victims). I'll even volunteer (but I swear, if anybody messes up my hair...)

Rich Kressly
04-23-2004, 04:56 PM
To respond-

1-$5M for airborne disease- chances are you got that from cows in your neighborhood
2.-$100 for hearing loss- I'm told you never listen anyway...no loss
3.-$75 for emotional distress- when this can be proven as effecting your conjugal functions then we talk. Care to fess up?
4.-$34 for hairstyling- come on- we did you a favor.

Keep it up and I'll want the chickee back!! Grr!

The Chickee is non-negotiable
I'll concede on the listening and even the hair, but you have no way of proving ANYTHING about the cows, unless you paid one for a story.

henryBsick
04-23-2004, 05:24 PM
I was told they were hunting for me. This was due to flipping their robot last year.

THEY NEVER MANAGED TO FIND ME HEH!

MEH. I avoided them the whole time. Then on the last day, I walked buy them. I would have gotten away with it, but one of my team members yelled out, HEY!!! you've got a hit on him, and pointed right at me. I ran. I thought I got away as I stood in the escalator line, but on of them snuck up on me. Stupid lines. They had finally gotten me after a couple of wrong hits to others on my team. The contract was for drive team, and they hit some random students. But... the alumni on the floor for the match that we flipped them in was not hit yet, he wasn't at nats... So that brings the question, where will the Cool Squad be....?

PS
No sickness
No hair problems
No fear of air (wind)
No Hearing loss

Man, you guys are whimps *cough* Kressley *cough*
If you insist on sueing go for the jugular. "The air poked my eye out." hehehe.

$.02

-Henry

Mike Schroeder
04-23-2004, 05:26 PM
gotta love team 25, uniting FIRST.....by making every team hate them :p

Wayne C.
04-23-2004, 06:50 PM
gotta love team 25, uniting FIRST.....by making every team hate them :p

Cant you feel the love?

That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger-
Old Klingon Proverb

WC

Zzyzx
04-23-2004, 07:41 PM
I was hit. Don't think it was a contract, I just think they were bored when I got hit.

Mike Ciance
04-23-2004, 08:26 PM
hey cokeley, i got airzookaed, and it was you're wife who put out the contract :p

Marc P.
04-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Heh, well, apparently this thread explains the random airzookas and clumps of team 25 returning to their pit with reasonably satisfied faces on. We were right next to your pit, all the while completely unaware of the underground FIRST mafia, alias "Cool Squad." Way to keep it under wraps!

BandChick
05-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Andy,

I'll trade you one big bad doberman for your 10 year old beagle with an attitdue ;)

Just wondering, does anyone have any pictures of this so called "Cool Squad"?
I was a big fan of the Cool Squad...they made the atmosphere, well, a little cooler. And I have a photo of them in front of the FIRST banner behind the stadium, so enjoy :)

click here (http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/bandchick/FIRST/Atlanta/Imag0020.jpg) for it.

Redhead Jokes
05-01-2004, 11:48 PM
And I have a photo of them in front of the FIRST banner behind the stadium, so enjoy :)

Thank you so much! I'm putting it on our news page.

Beth Sweet
05-02-2004, 01:54 PM
You know, I got attacked by one of those things twice but never got a "contract." Probably because I was randomly looking at them trying to figure out what in the world they were doing. Should I feel insulted that I got a hit without a contract? ;)

Redhead Jokes
05-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Should I feel insulted that I got a hit without a contract? ;)

Upper echelon crime that can't be publicized or put in writing *mind wanders*...

Bharat Nain
05-02-2004, 02:16 PM
You know, I got attacked by one of those things twice but never got a "contract." Probably because I was randomly looking at them trying to figure out what in the world they were doing. Should I feel insulted that I got a hit without a contract? ;)
Was it fun? I bet it was, so don't feel insulted... well if you do feel insulted, you can go to Rich Kressly and help him with the law suits against us :p

Wayne C.
05-02-2004, 06:51 PM
hey cokeley, i got airzookaed, and it was you're wife who put out the contract :p

Hey- what are you doing with my wife!!!!

gee- she usually just hits me

WC :mad:

Joe Matt
05-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Man, I didn't get taken out at all. Eh, oh well, what are you giong to do? I have a feeling now that next year we will see a ban on 'air shooting devices' just like the ban on MOE sticks this year.

RogerR
05-03-2004, 09:25 AM
I was hit. Don't think it was a contract, I just think they were bored when I got hit.
wow, thats two instances of un-contracted hits. i wonder how much other collateral damage there was....

MOEmaniac
05-03-2004, 12:09 PM
I guess their accuracy wasn't up to par and trust me you'll never catch vince! ;)

D.J. Fluck
05-03-2004, 12:21 PM
We're really helping our case here...I bet Mr. C. has this kids researching this thread carefully and is beating it into their heads to make sure they do not miss next year :ahh: :p

RogerR
05-03-2004, 12:48 PM
We're really helping our case here...I bet Mr. C. has this kids researching this thread carefully and is beating it into their heads to make sure they do not miss next year :ahh: :p
on that note, of the 100 or so contracts issued, how many were succesfully executed?

StephanieWeber
05-03-2004, 12:50 PM
I got hit as well, although I didn't know they actually had a name. I imagine they had quite a bit of fun watching me spin around in confusion as I tried to figure out if I was crazy or if something did just hit me. After 15 minutes they must have taken pity on me for they showed themselves, loved the WMC (weapon of mass confusion)....very great idea.

BandChick
05-03-2004, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure with all the ones they did execute, which caused more to be filled out, they probably did a good 75%. The stack was huge, and a lot of them were from Dave Lavery and Mr. Cokeley.

I know I took out 2 contracts. One on Jeff Waegelin and one on Tytus. Good times, good times.

Corey Balint
05-03-2004, 04:51 PM
As of Saturday afternoon after the finals, they only had missed around 11 or 12 i think, more big names then little ones suprisingly. Next year though, expect everyone to know who everyone is and we will end up with 500 contracts fulfilled. Now that will be wicked awesome.

Joe Matt
05-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Now that will be wicked awesome.
Forget the hats, the accents, and the whole mafia thing, you used wicked, that's proof enough that your from Jersey/the north. ;)

BTW, can we 'hire' out the cool squad for 'hits'?

nparikh
05-03-2004, 05:29 PM
For next year, all I can say is to watch out..that's right we are monitoring this thread and we will miss no one...but don't worry, it's all in good fun...We will get back those who hid from us... :D :mad:

Jeff Waegelin
05-03-2004, 07:43 PM
I know I took out 2 contracts. One on Jeff Waegelin and one on Tytus. Good times, good times.

Well, I somehow managed to escape getting hit. They probably couldn't find me :p Either that, or they managed to walk right past me and not notice me, like some people did (*cough*Cory*cough*)

Pin Man
05-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Contracts eh? I know there were two kids walking around and shot one at me... But then I managed to run away beacuse we were going to get a football game going... hmmm...

Corey Balint
05-04-2004, 04:32 PM
BTW, can we 'hire' out the cool squad for 'hits'?

Sure but the obviously the whole team will have to be there for them to be there.

And as for someone being missed, dont expect that anymore, cuz if we already did, your gonna get pelted the next time you are seen.

Corey Balint
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Woo, well I wont have to worry until next nationals, if I go :p

We may have to make a special trip to IRI again(hopefully more then 4 team members) then, assuming your going, if not then probably ya-but then we will completely obiterate you lol.