PDA

View Full Version : ANDY BAKER SURVIVOR VIDEO - DONE

D.J. Fluck
06-13-2004, 02:48 AM
Ok, so after some hard work on the farm with Andy's folks and then a Friday afternoon at his house with me, we got everything pieced together and I have edited and am getting ready to release the Andy Baker survivor audition tape.

Thank you to all who participated in sending a clip and all your support. I apologize if you did not make the video, i had to use the highest quality video and 3 minutes really isnt that long of a time period, again my apologies if you were cut out.

One last thing before you comment on the sound level variations, ill have that fixed for the final video tape.

And Now, without further ado,

The Andy Baker Survivor Video (http://www.thedjshow.net/survivor.wmv)

Scooter
06-13-2004, 03:14 AM
Nicely done!! I like the "Real Canadians!!"

-Bill

Elyse Holguin
06-13-2004, 03:27 AM
the pigs sealed the deal, great job with the video (awesome editing DJ) and good luck Andy!

Bcahn836
06-13-2004, 07:00 AM
Well done.

GO ANDY

Ashley Weed
06-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Great Job. I think that all sums it up, and the "real canadians" was deffinately a *giggle* along the way. :)

Tom Bottiglieri
06-13-2004, 07:49 AM
haha.. i loved when you grabbed the pig by the tail.

Aignam
06-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Hahaha, that was great Andy! Good luck!

Jay H 237
06-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Nice job with the video! :) Andy I hope you get on Survivor.

And why did you name the pig "Jason"!? :p

Ricky Q.
06-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Beautiful work DJ, and good luck to you Andy!

Bharat Nain
06-13-2004, 09:40 AM
WOW Awesome video, they are sure to put you on survivor Andy :)

Erin Rapacki
06-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Awesome video!! CBS better put you on Survivor, or else they'll be missing out.

Joshua May
06-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Awesome! Great Job DJ and Good Luck Andy!

Andy Grady
06-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Great video!

All I gotta say, is that if nothing else....we now have footage of Andy Baker dragging a pig by its squiggly little tail! I am still laughing, and I dont think I'll stop for a while! If that doesn't get the attention of the producers, I dont know what will!

You got a legit shot buddy!

-Andy Grady

Ashley Weed
06-13-2004, 10:40 AM
I wonder what producers would think if they received 500 submissions from FIRSTers.... in the beginning give an intro on yourself, then turn the next two minutes into "PUT ANDY ON SURVIVOR"!!!! LOL, monopolizing the entries! :yikes:

Madison
06-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Great video!

All I gotta say, is that if nothing else....we now have footage of Andy Baker dragging a pig by its squiggly little tail!

It sure looked to me like that pig was doing most of the dragging :)

Good luck, Andy.

Joel J
06-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Good video. It'll be hard to forget, "well.. I think I underestimated the swine..." haha, priceless.

jonathan lall
06-13-2004, 11:05 AM
Good luck, Andy. How can CBS turn down international support?

Cory
06-13-2004, 11:09 AM
The pig was named Jason, because in 2002 Andy sumo'ed Jason Morrella at LA.

Pretty funny stuff, good job DJ and Andy!!!!!

Best of luck to you,

Cory

Jeff Waegelin
06-13-2004, 11:13 AM
Great job on the video, DJ, and good luck Andy! I hope to see you on the show; I think you'd make a great Survivor. :D

Anne Shade
06-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Great video, good luck Andy!!!

miketwalker
06-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Hahah, nice job. I especially enjoy the whole "Real Canadians" thing... because they weren't all Canadians. (Unless maybe Amanda M and Brandon have secretly moved out of the U.S. and there's a conspiracy?) Good luck Andy!

Brandon Martus
06-13-2004, 11:34 AM
We were made honorary Canadians in Atlanta by Steve W.

apk
06-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Andy, what former (seasons 1-8) Survivor would you best resemble ...in all aspects of the game? ...in each area/job (hunting food, physical challenges, mental challanges, stragity, etc) of the game?

Ryan Dognaux
06-13-2004, 01:01 PM
That's one awesome video, I think you stand a good chance of getting on. Good luck! :]

Arefin Bari
06-13-2004, 01:37 PM
i liked the part when andy jumped into the lake... :D ... lol

great job DJ!!!

RogerR
06-13-2004, 02:20 PM
wow!! Andy Baker really is a pig farmer!! and all this time i thought that paul copioli was stereotyping!

Hinkel Y.
06-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Too bad I wasn't in the picture at Wonderland... I was fixing our darn robot :mad:

Anyways... Good luck in Survivor Andy!

Bharat Nain
06-13-2004, 04:32 PM
The pig was named Jason, because in 2002 Andy sumo'ed Jason Morrella at LA.

Pretty funny stuff, good job DJ and Andy!!!!!

Best of luck to you,

Cory
Andy's lucky he didnt call the pig "Big Mike":ahh:

D.J. Fluck
06-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Just an update...

June 21st, I have to take the video off my website because at that time the video becomes property of CBS.

Astronouth7303
06-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Just an update...

June 21st, I have to take the video off my website because at that time the video becomes property of CBS.
Do a remix. err... recut.

IMDWalrus
06-13-2004, 04:59 PM
That was a bloody brilliant video. Great job, D.J. :)

Melissa Nute
06-13-2004, 05:23 PM
DJ - great work...

Andy - I hope you get on b/c you are a *geeky* engineer :D I would actually watch tv for that.

IMDWalrus
06-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Do a remix. err... recut.
"Put Andy on Survivor: Reloaded"

Travis Hoffman
06-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Nicely done!! I like the "Real Canadians!!"

-Bill
Ahem, technically, that statement is false, as I can verify that there were at least four "Real Americans" cheering for Andy in that footage, but they are all honorary Canadians, so it's all good.

Great video!

Steve W
06-13-2004, 09:33 PM
You did a great job with the video. We Canadians (honorary and natural) were proud to be part of the video. I would like to thank Kyle a member of Team 1114 for taking the video at Wonderland. I believe that Andy should be on Survivor because he is ANDY.

One question, is it wrong for me to post this video on my website?

Amanda Morrison
06-13-2004, 09:37 PM
Ahem, technically, that statement is false, as I can verify that there were at least four "Real Americans" cheering for Andy in that footage, but they are all honorary Canadians, so it's all good.

Hey now... at least Brandon and I were made Honorary Canadians. We have the pins to prove it. :)

Andy... until I saw you dragging a pig by it's tail, I don't think I realized how crazy you are.

Elgin Clock
06-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Great video... But you beat the Segway.... :ahh: lol

Anyways.. What are you not? There was a psycho rooster making noise when you said what you are not at the 1:17 mark in the video....
Maybe that was intentional - with the rooster and all? idk...

Anyways.. Good Luck Andy. If you make it on Survivor, it will be the only season I would watch.

Travis Hoffman
06-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey now... at least Brandon and I were made Honorary Canadians. We have the pins to prove it. :)

Andy... until I saw you dragging a pig by it's tail, I don't think I realized how crazy you are.
Honorary Canadian PINS? What pins? Steve - I'm so hurt. :(

No Waterloo or Canadian Regional for us next year. Take that! :p

DCA Fan
06-14-2004, 01:23 AM
Bloody brilliant! I loved the Canadians part :) Good luck Andy!

ahecht
06-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Great video, but where is the Beantown clip?

Steve W
06-14-2004, 07:27 AM
Honorary Canadian PINS? What pins? Steve - I'm so hurt. :(

No Waterloo or Canadian Regional for us next year. Take that! :p

Now, now don't be hurt. I thought that Team 1114 would have taken care of you. Send me your address and I will make sure that you recieve your Honorary Canadian pins. These are rare and presigious so don't lose them. :cool:

Joe Matt
06-14-2004, 07:44 AM
Great job DJ, even if it wasn't done on a Mac... :rolleyes: j/k

Anyway, just one suggestion, add music. Put the Benny Hill theme in when Andy is chasing down the pig. :D

D.J. Fluck
06-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Great video, but where is the Beantown clip?

We couldn't get the clip to work...

Anyway, just one suggestion, add music. Put the Benny Hill theme in when Andy is chasing down the pig. :D

Cant, copyright issues.....don't want to get him DQ'd :p

Joe Johnson
06-14-2004, 08:58 AM
So what's next? When do you submit and when do they get back to you one way or another?

Joe J.

Brandon Martus
06-14-2004, 09:36 AM
And if they do get back to you, would you be able to tell us? Should we assume a sudden absense of Andy Baker from the forums and FIRST in general means he is out in the wilderness somewhere?

Mike371
06-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Great job on the video, I would Like to see Andy get on.

Barry Bonzack
06-14-2004, 03:30 PM
You haven't seen it all until you see a Delphi Engineer chasing down a pig. sewwwwie ::shudders:: Good luck, I'll record every episode if you make it happen!

Clark Gilbert
06-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Great job DJ!! The video came out really well and I'm surprised to see that I'm in it :)

The pig scene is the best part, I just wish I could say that about the smell last time I was at that farm.

tiffany34990
06-14-2004, 07:03 PM
great video-- good job-- :)

GOOD LUCK ANDY!!!

if u get on i'll def. watch

enjoy u'r summer y'all :cool:

ali_rockon22
06-14-2004, 11:11 PM
That was great.
I don't watch it but if you got on i would watch.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Pin Man
06-14-2004, 11:29 PM
Wow... Pig Wrestling... Now there is a sport...

Great video though... Andy has got a great shot at making it on the show!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Amanda Aldridge
06-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Now I've definitely seen it all! Good luck Andy!

Andy Baker
06-16-2004, 03:36 PM
You guys are hilarious. I haven't even see the final cut of this video! DJ is sending it to me today, as I am on vacation north of Myrtle Beach (in NC). I've got dial-up, and I can't download the clip.

For all of you who sent stuff in, I really appreciate your help. Even those who have just given support, thanks goes to you too. This is one of those things that you say you are gonna do, and then you give up on it due to apathy. But, all of you guys were putting in support on this site and now I just gotta do this.

I need to send in this entry by 6/22. All they want from me is a completed application, proof of having a Passport, and the video. There will be interviews in late July, and they will call me if interested. We shall see.

DJ, I owe you, once again.

Thanks all!
Andy

Joe Matt
06-16-2004, 03:50 PM
You guys are hilarious. I haven't even see the final cut of this video! DJ is sending it to me today, as I am on vacation north of Myrtle Beach (in NC). I've got dial-up, and I can't download the clip.

For all of you who sent stuff in, I really appreciate your help. Even those who have just given support, thanks goes to you too. This is one of those things that you say you are gonna do, and then you give up on it due to apathy. But, all of you guys were putting in support on this site and now I just gotta do this.

I need to send in this entry by 6/22. All they want from me is a completed application, proof of having a Passport, and the video. There will be interviews in late July, and they will call me if interested. We shall see.

DJ, I owe you, once again.

Thanks all!
Andy
ANDY! Stop by Richmond, VA on the trip up! We'd love to have you! ;)

Jeff Rodriguez
06-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Is there a quick way you could balance the sound a little better? Or is it too late? :(

Clark Gilbert
06-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Is there a quick way you could balance the sound a little better? Or is it too late? :(
In the first post DJ said.........

One last thing before you comment on the sound level variations, ill have that fixed for the final video tape.

nparikh
06-18-2004, 04:25 PM
In a word-Amazing! After CBS sees this video, how can they NOT put Andy on Survivor... :rolleyes:

tkwetzel
08-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Anyways.. What are you not? There was a psycho rooster making noise when you said what you are not at the 1:17 mark in the video....
Maybe that was intentional - with the rooster and all? idk...

He said that he was not a turkey, and that was NOT a rooster. It was obviously a turkey, so it was planned. There was no phsyco rooster or turkey.

Edit: Thanks for putting our team in the video.

Wetzel
10-11-2004, 12:42 AM
Have you heard anything Andy?
Should you have heard anything?

Wetzel

D.J. Fluck
10-11-2004, 01:20 AM
Have you heard anything Andy?
Should you have heard anything?

Wetzel

I spoke to him not that long ago and as far as i know he still hasnt heard anything...

Andy Baker
10-11-2004, 09:05 AM
I spoke to him not that long ago and as far as i know he still hasnt heard anything...

Yes, that is correct. I have not heard anything and presume at this point that I will not hear anything.

Andy B.

Chris Fultz
10-11-2004, 02:17 PM
OK, so does this mean you are a:

"survivor survivor",

"survivor casualty"

or perhaps a survivor _____ (open mic, someone fill in the blank :) )

** perhaps they saw the IRI 'performance' video and it was too much even for Survivor! **

Elgin Clock
10-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Andy, so this means you got prebooted off the island for survivor.

But.. Are you gonna be on the Real Gilligan's Island? (TBS Reality show) :rolleyes:

Tytus Gerrish
10-11-2004, 07:22 PM
"Andy's Island"

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful build.
That started from this komoko School,
Among these Power tools.
The mate was a mighty engineerin' man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five Students set sail that day,
for a six week build, a six week build………
The weeks started getting rough,
the Failed Design was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless Team,
the T-Kats would be lost; the T-Kats would be lost.
The Team took their robot To the Comp In this uncharted Arena,
with Andy-B,and DJ too,
the teamleaders, and Their Crew,
the Bateries, the Drivers and Programers,
here on Andy-B's Isle.

tkwetzel
10-11-2004, 07:44 PM
"Andy's Island"

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful build.
That started from this komoko School,
Among these Power tools.
The mate was a mighty engineerin' man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five Students set sail that day,
for a six week build, a six week build………
The weeks started getting rough,
the Failed Design was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless Team,
the T-Kats would be lost; the T-Kats would be lost.
The Team took their robot To the Comp In this uncharted Arena,
with Andy-B,and DJ too,
the teamleaders, and Their Crew,
the Bateries, the Drivers and Programers,
here on Andy-B's Isle.

Nice job....how long did that take you to come up with?

David Kelly
10-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Okay, this is weird... So how about tonight's Survivor episode where they wrastle the pigs?? Coincidence, or did Andy give them a good reward challenge for Steak 'n Eggs??

freaky :ahh:

Gamer930
10-22-2004, 06:13 AM
Yes that was very freaky. I pictured Andy running around tackling the pigs

They probably thaught that Andy would have too much experence for that stunt :-)

Joshua May
10-22-2004, 06:41 AM
Okay, this is weird... So how about tonight's Survivor episode where they wrastle the pigs?? Coincidence, or did Andy give them a good reward challenge for Steak 'n Eggs??

freaky :ahh:

I saw that last night, and my first thought was Andy would be perfect at this.

VGMasterShadow
10-22-2004, 06:42 AM
or perhaps a survivor _____ (open mic, someone fill in the blank :)

a survivor that never was.

Good job with the movie.

Alaina
10-25-2004, 03:48 PM
I totally violated the network at my school to watch that. Because it won't play on my home computer. How awesome.