PDA

View Full Version : **FIRST EMAIL**/Bosch Motor and Transmission Sets Available for Discounted Purchase

Billfred
08-31-2004, 12:13 PM
Hello. This is an important announcement for all FIRST Robotics Competition teams. Please share this information with the rest of your team in a timely manner. If you think that other members of your team would also like to receive these announcements, please encourage them to sign up at http://listserv.leapit.com/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?join=frcpublic.

If you would like to stop receiving these messages, please see the bottom of this message for instructions.
__________________________________________________ ____

Greetings Teams:

Bosch has over 1,000 motor and transmission sets left over from last year's season they are offering FRC teams at a 50% discount. Motors would be discounted from $24.00 to $12.00 and transmissions from $51.00 to $25.50.

If you are interested in placing an order, please contact Bosch directly at 908-769-8208.

Go Teams!

Andy Brockway
08-31-2004, 12:15 PM
A follow up from FIRST

Greetings Teams:

With the regard to the below email, please note these parts will not be legal parts for the 2005 season.

************************************************** ********************************************

Bosch has over 1,000 motor and transmission sets left over from last year's season they are offering FRC teams at a 50% discount. Motors would be discounted from $24.00 to $12.00 and transmissions from $51.00 to $25.50.

If you are interested in placing an order, please contact Bosch directly at 908-769-8208.

Go Teams!

Alan Anderson
08-31-2004, 02:04 PM
With the regard to the below email, please note these parts will not be legal parts for the 2005 season.
Does this mean no drill motors at all next year, or is it only the specific batch of last year's leftovers that won't be permitted?

Billfred
08-31-2004, 02:23 PM
Does this mean no drill motors at all next year, or is it only the specific batch of last year's leftovers that won't be permitted?
That's the beautiful thing--we don't know. We could get a different (but functionally the same) drill motor, a different motor that came from a drill (still a drill motor), or no drill motor at all.

We won't know until January...well, most of us, anyway.

ahecht
08-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Wow, considering that they jsut upgraded from the 3/8" drills to the 1/2" drills a couple of years ago, I'm surprised they're changing again so soon. I hope this doesn't mean we are getting 4 CIMs (although there would be adantages to having 3 matched motors again).

Mike Schroeder
08-31-2004, 08:38 PM
i don't see anything about changing, its always been illegal to use a motor from a previous year. and these being from 2004 would make them illegal

Chris Fultz
08-31-2004, 10:47 PM
i don't see anything about changing, its always been illegal to use a motor from a previous year. and these being from 2004 would make them illegal

Check Section 5.2.5 in the 2004 rules.

Identical components from previous years may be used in the current year robot. Motors are specifically mentioned. The number limits still apply.

Greg Needel
09-01-2004, 12:18 AM
with this information and the fact that they sold off the vandoor motors and the FP motors i expect to see a very different kit this year.

Cory
09-01-2004, 09:18 AM
They've been selling the FP motors off the last few years if I remember correctly. I think they've sold Van Door's in the past too.

Given FIRST's current monetary status, I'm not gonna get myself excited about them putting all kinds of cool new motors in the kit.

JVN
09-01-2004, 10:13 AM
with this information and the fact that they sold off the vandoor motors and the FP motors i expect to see a very different kit this year.
You guys are silly.
So much speculation, so little time.

I don't expect anything. I'll find out what's new in January.
Just like I annually refuse to do game predictions.

For all we know, FIRST does this stuff just to mess with the kind of people who over analyze every move they make in a twisted attempt to get an edge (Read: "us -- the CD community"). Heck, we know they're marching to the beat of a different drummer. (Who recognizes that little reference?)

Also, has anyone thought that maybe the Bosches are just getting a wiring upgrade for 2005 (or something else suitably trivial) and as such 2004 versions will be unusable? Maybe a new non-Mod7 pinion? Who knows!

It's really amazing how quickly we jump to conclusions.
(The iPod pictures MUST be fake). ;)
John

Jeff K.
12-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Hello. Motors would be discounted from $24.00 to $12.00 and transmissions from $51.00 to $25.50.

Go Teams!

Do you know which motors are going to be for $12.00 and if the 25.50 transmission going to work with it?

Wetzel
12-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Do you know which motors are going to be for $12.00 and if the 25.50 transmission going to work with it?

The Bosch drill motor from the 2004 Kit of Parts, and the transmission that mates to it. They were designed to work together.

Wetzel