PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Competitions?

Libby Ritchie
03-14-2002, 11:44 AM
I realize it's REALLY early to start talking about off-season competitions, but we are trying to set our calendar for post-FIRST events. Does anyone know of off-season events taking place across the country and when those would be?

Pamela
03-14-2002, 02:35 PM
Team 166 from Merrimack, NH is holding a demo/competition if we have enough interest on the 4th of July. This is always a fun event that gets local publicity and recognition of the program, teams interested may contact me at Soccagirl3@aol.com or throught the forums!

Andy A.
03-15-2002, 08:33 AM
95 will be holding a post season comp in, here in Lebanon NH.

It will be sometime in mid May, I belive the 18th, but don't take my word for it. If we get a good response we'll probably do it again next year. So, if your interested let me know and i'll pass along any info you need.

-Andy A.

jeremy562
03-15-2002, 02:41 PM
I know of a few in the New England area..

Mayhem on the Merrimack at Tyngsboro High School, MA
BattleCry@WPI in Worcester, MA

and I think there's one called River Rage or something.. probably in Connecticut but we haven't competed there.

Elgin Clock
03-15-2002, 04:55 PM
I know of a few in the New England area..

Mayhem on the Merrimack at Tyngsboro High School, MA
BattleCry@WPI in Worcester, MA

and I think there's one called River Rage or something.. probably in Connecticut but we haven't competed there.

River Rage is actually in Massachusetts somewhere, I forgot where it is but I did go do it last year. There was also Bash at The Beach in CT at Lime-Old Lime High School put on by team 236 the Techno-Ticks. That was a fun event!

I need dates for these as well ASAP so if you are on the planning comitee for these please give up some info!

D.J. Fluck
03-15-2002, 06:30 PM
We plan on an IRI again this year, but details on the location and date havent been set...we will worry about that after nationals

Kyle Fenton
03-15-2002, 06:31 PM
River Rage was actually in Manchester, NH.

Anyways for New England competitions

*May something Team 95 will have competition (was announced but no details)

*Mayhem

*BattleCry

*Battle @ the Beach

*River Rage

Perseus
03-15-2002, 07:44 PM
I cant speak for them because its not my team but Wissahickon has had an offseason competition in the past and i think they might have one again.

I also want to thank wissihickon now for last years Ramp Riot. It was great

Katie Reynolds
03-16-2002, 12:44 AM
Alas, the the possibility ofr a competition at EAA is no more... but there is still hope for us to hold an off season competition! Keep your fingers crossed!! :D

- Katie

Brandon Martus
03-16-2002, 08:49 AM
the Chief Delphi Invitational (CDI) usually happens late in the year (october/november).

Libby Ritchie
03-16-2002, 10:45 PM
My husband and I (from teams 393 and 234) had a meeting with the Indiana State Fair. They are trying to work with us in order to get it set up to run during the State Fair in order to gain more exposure. Keep your fingers crossed! Should be neat!

WorkThoseBuns
03-19-2002, 12:17 PM
Team TF 779 is looking for anything going on in Ohio, Pennslyvannia, or Michigan.

Jgreenwd1
03-24-2002, 11:02 PM
teams 95's off season competition info is the new thread called rally in the valley.

Dave_222
04-08-2002, 02:25 PM
We hold our 5th anual PA robot challange on may 11th. plus we are going to mayhem wissahikan pardon my spelling and mt.olive iff possible.

Dolores Currier
04-11-2002, 12:32 PM
Team 95 is hosting Rally In The Valley on May 18th in Lebanon, New Hampshire at the Lebanon High School. We would love to you come to New Hampshire, we could find team families to provide you with place to stay to make it affordable. The cost of the registration is $100. For more information, please contact me at Dolores.A.Currier@Hitchcock.org

Nate Smith
04-11-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by WorkThoseBuns
Team TF 779 is looking for anything going on in Ohio, Pennslyvannia, or Michigan.

There will be a few(I usually end up doing scoring at them)...watch the board here for official announcements

Teedoff101
04-29-2002, 11:00 AM
Team 992 is trying to host a competition but there are two problems. 1. We need money. 2. We need the space to hold the competition. We have a great new gym but we are not sure whether or not it can the field and the pits when divided. Also, we need the goals and field. So if anyone wishes to help out that would be greatly appreciated. We are a rookie SoCal team in debt to our school. Hopefully we can get this all planned out and have it ready to go in late May or early June. Keep you posted.