PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Connection on Pocket PC - AEGIS and Odyssey

sanddrag
01-06-2005, 07:53 PM
I recently got a Dell Axin x30 (624MHz) with wireless. It works great on open networks. However, at school they use something called LEAP. (here's the link to my school's web pages about it (https://www.csupomona.edu/~ehelp/wireless/)) They recommend that you use the AEGIS client to authenticate yourself. The problem is my Axim has the Odyssey client. I tried connecting to their network (which must be run by an AEGIS server I suppose) and it finds it but will not authenticate me.

Does anyone know if the Odyssey Client will work on an AEGIS network?

Also, built into Windows Mobile 2003 is the wireless networking stuff and it picks up the network and asks me for my username and password (which I have) but also for a domain and I have no clue what that is.

Anyway, they make an AEGIS Client for Windows Mobile 2003 but it is like $40.

So the bottom line is, can someone please help me get connected to my schools network without having to pay anything? Thanks.

And I already did ask the tech department at school and they didn't know

Matt Krass
01-06-2005, 08:21 PM
I recently got a Dell Axin x30 (624MHz) with wireless. It works great on open networks. However, at school they use something called LEAP. (here's the link to my school's web pages about it (https://www.csupomona.edu/~ehelp/wireless/)) They recommend that you use the AEGIS client to authenticate yourself. The problem is my Axim has the Odyssey client. I tried connecting to their network (which must be run by an AEGIS server I suppose) and it finds it but will not authenticate me.

Does anyone know if the Odyssey Client will work on an AEGIS network?

Also, built into Windows Mobile 2003 is the wireless networking stuff and it picks up the network and asks me for my username and password (which I have) but also for a domain and I have no clue what that is.

Anyway, they make an AEGIS Client for Windows Mobile 2003 but it is like $40.

So the bottom line is, can someone please help me get connected to my schools network without having to pay anything? Thanks.

And I already did ask the tech department at school and they didn't know

I have the exact same one, I'm actually using it now to post this. I don't have an answer for you, but try the forums at www.aximsite.com they might be of some help.

sanddrag
01-07-2005, 03:51 PM
I finally got it to authenticate me (with Odyssey) and I am connected but Internet Explorer will not load any pages. There is no proxy server. Any ideas (other than another browser)?