PDA

View Full Version : Spring Return Pistons' Legality

Yan Wang
01-19-2005, 04:43 PM
Are single-action spring return pistons legal for use on robots this year? Our pneumatics leader is unsure and I have yet to find a ruling against it. Thanks in advance.

Nitroxextreme
01-19-2005, 07:08 PM
i have asked through the FIRST Q & A board specific pneumatic questions
all their responses say to refer to R90 and the flow chart :( :mad: :(

dlavery
01-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Are single-action spring return pistons legal for use on robots this year? Our pneumatics leader is unsure and I have yet to find a ruling against it. Thanks in advance.

The only pistons that may be used are those available from the kit, and identical models (see Rule <R90>). These are documented on Page 19 of the 2005 Pneumatidcs Manual. That list does not include single-action spring return pistons. So, I would think the answer would have to be "no."

dez250
01-19-2005, 07:25 PM
<R90> There is no limit to the number of solenoid valves, air cylinders, pressure regulators, and connecting fittings you may use on your robot. They must, however, be “off the shelf” pneumatic devices rated by their manufacturers for pressure of at least 125psi. Besides the “free” pneumatic components listed on the Pneumatic Components Order form, you may purchase additional air cylinders or rotary actuators, however, they must be identical to those listed on the Pneumatic Components Order form , and obtained from a Bimba or Parker Hannifan distributor.

Please refer to the highlighted parts, pretty much its all ready in plain english right there. If the cylinder you want to use is on the pneumatics order form (last page of the 2005 FRC Pneumatics manual) then you can buy it and use it, if its nto there, its not legal to use.