PDA

View Full Version : taking away points

Zippiot
02-17-2005, 10:22 PM
does anyone know how to take away points from someone's rep? there are a few people that need to be taken down a peg for some things...

whakojacko
02-17-2005, 10:29 PM
um dont oyu click on reputation and say you disapprove? not that ive ever done it

KyleGilbert45
02-17-2005, 10:31 PM
Click this http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/images/buttons/reputation.gif then fill out the form, then send away. You really won't be able to do much because your reputation isn't that high, but hey whatever "floats your boat". Also if you want to learn about reputation points just search for "reputation points" or refer to this section of the FAQs (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_reputation_faq)

Zippiot
02-17-2005, 10:38 PM
first off give me whatever rep you guyz want i really don't care, but the people who take away points because i misspelled a word (spell check isn't perfect people!!!) those are the people whom i would call "$@#$@#$@#$@#$@#". now i have been take down points only once for a good reason and that was i had inappropriate language in my signature, but thats it!. if someone offends you tell them to stop, don't be a little weasel about it. and all you on your high rep horse need to come down to the lvl of everyone else, this whole rep thing was probably designed by you guys just so you can make others feel bad with no repercussion t yourself, and to that i say i hope your life is very unfulfilling (i cant type what i really want to say, censorship and all).

Zippiot
02-17-2005, 10:40 PM
btw the most "infamous" people of the times became the "famous" among us today (ex jesse james) and i like being infamous it sounds cool and mysterious, hit me with your best shot!

KyleGilbert45
02-17-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking this thread should be closed and language like that really isn't need here on the forums, but thats not my call to make. This system of reputation has been argued and complained about since its inception and what you just have to do is basically ignore it if you don't like it.

Greg Perkins
02-17-2005, 10:43 PM
heres a little lesson about rep....its not for fun and games.
you use it for serious comments, and not just to get back at other people for thier opinions. Whatever it is that you have done, certainly was legit, and there was a reason for the negative rep you must've recieved (im assuming this because of your intent to "return the favor"). Now im not tryin to be a stickler, but it is certainly not appropriated to spam people's rep because you have an attitude. im getting sick of people giving negative rep for following the rules of the forums. like grow up seriously, its not a status symbol, its merely a tool to approve with other peoples views, as well as offer another view of the topic (in which case a negative rep maybe in order, but there should be no slandering of their personalitly, race, gender, political views, knowledge about a subject, or hate. In hindsight, i think the rep system is good, but also tragic at the same time. we get rookies (sorry for using it so lightly, theres no real other way to put it) to join our humble turf of cyberspace (as so eloquiently put by billfred) and try and make themselves by spamming CD with rude, and sometimes offensive content. I know a week or 2 ago there was the picture thread where many many many vulgarities where thrown, people getting told to not post anymore, and outright Ungraciousness. I dont know what can be done to keep this place free from hate and controversy, but theres a reson why people like me have kept a low profile for this build season, i dont want the drama.

also, to the maker of this thread, your tag under your name is against the rules, and should be changed. if you have views about someone, please keep them to yourself, and leave this place clean...

thanks,

Greg