PDA

View Full Version : somebody help me with my compressor please

royboards05
02-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Does anyone know a way to hook up the compressor/ program the compressor??? :confused:

Hershey
02-18-2005, 08:39 PM
The hooking up part...well...as you might be able to tell, I'm a programmer...pretty self explanatory. However, with programming, if you have a pressure gauge connected to the tanks, then all you need to do is permanently turn it on and it should automatically stop pumping air if your gauge reaches the limit. This way, you don't need to keep track of it constantly and pay attention to when you need more air.

Eugene_570
02-18-2005, 11:25 PM
2 royboards05:
Well, wiring the compressor is nothing complicated. It has to be hooked up to the Spike relay. The only thing is you have to take out the yellow fuse in the middle of spike and put the 20 AMP circuit breaker instead (just like the ones you use on the power distributing panel). Then red goes to M+ and black goes to M-, I think you figured that out by yourself. Then the Spike has to be powered through the other 20 AMP breaker that you put into the power distibution panel. Also don't forget to plug the PWM cable into the Spike, so it gets the commands from the RC.
Hope this is helpful.
You can also refer to 2005 Pneumatics Manual PDF (http://www2.usfirst.org/2005comp/Manuals/2005PneumaticsManual.pdf)

JamesCH95
02-18-2005, 11:31 PM
When we used a compressor last we hooked up what amounted to a "pressure limit switch." It closed when the tanks reached 118psi and opened again at 95psi. When the switch was open, the compressor kicked on, very simple programming, fool-proof use. Good luck!

Mark McLeod
02-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Does anyone know a way to hook up the compressor/ program the compressor??? :confused:After you've wired the compressor to a spike the default code is already programmed to run the compressor.
Just hookup the pressure switch to the signal and ground pins (not the center power pin) on Digital input 18 on the RC, then hookup the spike that drives the compressor to Relay 8 on the RC.