PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will happen....?

slickguy2007
02-19-2005, 11:09 PM
Last year the rules were very specific, but I still saw some teams getting away with breaking the rules(I am not complaining). Do you think that the rules are going to be enforced more this year? The fact that they allow the use of 4 cims suggest that the rules will be inforced more. Their is one thing though, every year when I go to nationals and I ask about the rules I am always told this... "The rules will probably not be enforced if it changes the outcome of a match". I don't know what to think this year, normally I have an idea but I want to get some input. Also I have another question, do you think that some matches will turn into some rough pushing matches? And if so how often do you think that it will happen(every match, most of them, none at all)? Thanxs for your help guys and happy shipping!

GO 1403!!!

Jeff Rodriguez
02-19-2005, 11:24 PM
What rules do you think are being broken?

slickguy2007
02-19-2005, 11:32 PM
What rules do you think are being broken?

From last year? Many things, for instance on the field you weren't supposed to use your arm to grab a robot and start dragging it... (doing it on purpose) things like that are rough housing. The field refs told me that if a robot is doing something dangerous they will at least be shut down, sometimes teams got away with some dangerous things. Believe me I am not complaining and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am just asking do you think that things will be different this year since the change in rules allowing 4cim motors?

GO 1403!!!

Mike Schroeder
02-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Last year the rules were very specific, but I still saw some teams getting away with breaking the rules(I am not complaining). Do you think that the rules are going to be enforced more this year? The fact that they allow the use of 4 cims suggest that the rules will be inforced more. Their is one thing though, every year when I go to nationals and I ask about the rules I am always told this... "The rules will probably not be enforced if it changes the outcome of a match". I don't know what to think this year, normally I have an idea but I want to get some input. Also I have another question, do you think that some matches will turn into some rough pushing matches? And if so how often do you think that it will happen(every match, most of them, none at all)? Thanxs for your help guys and happy shipping!

I believe that the refs are only human. every human makes mistake, you cant judge perfection without failure. so yes there will be missed calls but lets keep in mind people the head refs ruling is final so agruing with them will do very little except anger the ref just a few things to keep in mind

Shu Song
02-20-2005, 12:06 AM
As frustrated as a missed call is, Big Mike is right. There was one instance in 2003 that it was very obvious to just about everyone the arena that another team was intentionally ramming us, cuasing us to tip over, which we did. But if a ref didn't see it or perceive it as intentional, it's like nothing ever happened. I share your concern skickguy.

Squeje250
02-20-2005, 01:03 AM
well i really dont know about how often the rules where borken but i didnt see a lot of it. so i think it will probly be like last year.

Peter Matteson
02-20-2005, 01:36 AM
After today's UTC scrimmage I think there a re a couple of rules that FIRST will be looking at more closely. There were some teams penalized for breaking rules even though I feel they met the "spirit of the rule". I also felt they were struggling with some rule changes and will adjust over the next couple weeks. I expect a few rule clarification/field element modifications in the final update after today's scrimmage.

waialua359
01-29-2007, 06:39 PM
this year, we should see less ramming, etc.
Last year, you had to spend 30 seconds playing defense. Thus, you would expect some pushing and shoving to occur.
However, with everyone racing to put 1 ringer on each spider leg, you can be sure that its going to look more like a tetra match of 2005, with a few trying to block.