PDA

View Full Version : pic: Team 1578 (Israel)

Leav
02-27-2005, 08:41 AM
[cdm-description=photo]20484[/cdm-description]

team222badbrad
02-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Congrats on creating your first FIRST robot.

It looks very nice!

Every year FIRST tries to make it easier for rookies to build and design their robots.

I believe they have accomplished this.

I am curious as to what the blue box's are?

Looks like a worm gear box?

Are they custom made or off the shelf items?

Hope you do well at the competition!

Leav
02-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks! :)

good guess! they are indeed worm gear boxes, which are unfortunately off the shelf - due to time constraints and problem with original supporting facotry....

sanddrag
02-27-2005, 01:57 PM
good guess! they are indeed worm gear boxes, which are unfortunately off the shelf Why is that unfortunate? Why build when you can buy? Anyhow, that's pretty cool you were able to buy some. Where did you find them?

tiffany34990
02-27-2005, 06:02 PM
great job!! really good idea to cover those electronics

keep up the good work and good luck at your first competition!!

EricH
02-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Good job to you!

The only problem I can see is: casters. Over here, caster robots are a) hard to control, and b) have very little push power. If you have weight to spare, try using the Kit wheels in front (and power them if you are reallyunderweight) Or, get some Teflon and make skids at the competition. Skids do not have the casters' tendency to resist the steering of the drive. (If you've done any drive practice, you'll see what I mean.)

But on the whole, good robot, and good luck!

Leav
02-28-2005, 05:58 AM
i know exactly what you mean, we had a big debate about the wheels, and we wanted omni-wheels, but couldnt find any and didnt have a way to build them at first...... and the stock wheels just skid bad.