PDA

View Full Version : Weird...

Joel J
07-17-2001, 01:03 AM
Just some rubbish to get out of the way..
Because the new picture galleries are so "conveniently located," I decided to look through them. While looking through the "WhoAmI" section I noticed three pictures sharing the same name, but two totally different people (or so i think). My question to the posters on this BB: Is the person in these pictures [pic 1] (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=159) [pic 2] (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=158) the same as the one in this picture [pic 3] (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=150)?

Matt Leese
07-17-2001, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by jOelster
Just some rubbish to get out of the way..
Because the new picture galleries are so "conveniently located," I decided to look through them. While looking through the "WhoAmI" section I noticed three pictures sharing the same name, but two totally different people (or so i think). My question to the posters on this BB: Is the person in these pictures [pic 1] (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=159) [pic 2] (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=158) the same as the one in this picture [pic 3] (http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pictures.php?s=&action=single&picid=150)?
Yep, those are all Pat. He's the guy on the left in the 3rd picture though.

Matt

patrickrd
07-17-2001, 11:39 AM
That's all me

Patrick

http://www.startateam.com/639

EddieMcD
07-17-2001, 01:14 PM
Yeah, go Pat!

Carolyn Duncan
07-17-2001, 01:48 PM
I think the reason you thought it may be someone else is proximaty to the camera. In the 3rd pic he was farther from the camera than in the first 2.
C~ya,
Carolyn

Joel J
07-18-2001, 05:44 AM
Wow. Talk about the power of light...Thanks for answering the question.

Carolyn Duncan
07-18-2001, 03:00 PM
I guess I learned more than I thought in my photography class last year.

Christina
07-18-2001, 05:35 PM
Hehe. Patrick, look at the commotion you're causing!

~Christina šoš

EddieMcD
07-18-2001, 06:25 PM
Again The High Priest says: Go Pat!

Joe Ross
07-19-2001, 10:07 AM
Actually, I don't think the light had anything to do with it.

The third picture displays the classic symptoms of beeing a college first-a-holic. Dazed look ... dark circles around the eyes ... Be careful people, you may turn into this too. To avoid these symptoms join First-a-holics anonymous (http://www.geocities.com/tech_chick01/index.html)

It can happen to you to!

EddieMcD
07-19-2001, 03:59 PM
Hi. The High Priest's name is Ed, and he's a FIRST-a-holic.

Carolyn Duncan
07-19-2001, 10:44 PM
The first step is adimitting you have a problem. As for me, I'm not addicted...

EddieMcD
07-20-2001, 10:53 AM
Apparently someone missed the joke.

FIRST is life!

Carolyn Duncan
07-21-2001, 08:38 PM
No, I didn't miss the joke. I was playing along with it. Obviously you didn't get the joke.

EddieMcD
07-22-2001, 10:20 AM
I would've gotten it had you not played with it.

mike o'leary
07-22-2001, 01:28 PM
im addicted...but i dont see that thats a problem

EddieMcD
07-22-2001, 07:14 PM
I know, on account of it's in your description line.

Carolyn Duncan
07-22-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by EddieMcD
I would've gotten it had you not played with it.
Of coures you would have gotten it, it was your joke to begin with. I am really trying to prevent myself from sayoing, DUH. Ooops, guess I messed that one up.
Mike, there is no problem with being addicted, I'm addicted, I was merely being facetious. :rolleyes:

mike o'leary
07-23-2001, 03:21 PM
yeah i know...i was joking aroudn too. im not addicted. i could leave first any time...
ok maybe not

btw...did you know that facetious one of the only 2 or 3 words in the english language that has all the vowels in it in alpabetical order? make it facetiously and youve got y too

EddieMcD
07-23-2001, 04:32 PM
Say, it is.

AND THAT WASN'T FUNNY!

Have a nice day.

Carolyn Duncan
07-23-2001, 11:10 PM
How long did it take you to figure that one out? Were you really bored or did you hear someone else say that?

Flair
07-23-2001, 11:27 PM
I'll bet ya he was really bored after reading WAY too much "Tooth and Nail" cuz they have a lot of those kinds of things in it! ;)

Carolyn Duncan
07-23-2001, 11:34 PM
Wha????? :confused:

Flair
07-23-2001, 11:36 PM
Sorry, geek minded person here, who reads WAY too much. Tooth and Nail is a book that uses all the SAT words in it. Its kinda like a study guide, in a cute interesting mystery. You should check it out sometime

Carolyn Duncan
07-23-2001, 11:42 PM
Right... I really don't tihnk that's gonna happen. It's prolly a really great book and all but I don't think so. I had my rounds with the SAT's and did better on the ACT's so that's done and I'm not lookin' back.

Jessica Boucher
07-24-2001, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Flair
Sorry, geek minded person here, who reads WAY too much. Tooth and Nail is a book that uses all the SAT words in it. Its kinda like a study guide, in a cute interesting mystery. You should check it out sometime

Lol, at first glance I thought that said "Hammer & Nail", which is the microbrewery thats from my hometown. Ok, end of randomness ;)

A. Leese
07-24-2001, 11:10 AM

*runs away screaming at the mention of Tooth and Nail*

~Angela who had to read it in english last year and will have to next year in SAT Prep

Matt Ryan
07-24-2001, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by littlefish180

*runs away screaming at the mention of Tooth and Nail*

~Angela who had to read it in english last year and will have to next year in SAT Prep

Hey! I thought it was a good book! :)

EddieMcD
07-24-2001, 02:59 PM
Oooookaaayyyyy...

mike o'leary
07-24-2001, 03:03 PM
how i figured that out? well a couple of years ago i was reading this trivia book thing and it had the question name an everyday word with all the vowels in it. the answer had a bunch ones with the vowels out of order and then the facetious thing. the only reason i remembered is cuz the next week facetious was one of my spelling words (7th grade...)

Carolyn Duncan
07-24-2001, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by mike o'leary
how i figured that out? well a couple of years ago i was reading this trivia book thing the next week facetious was one of my spelling words (7th grade...)
So, you're a freshman? Wait that woud have been you last year right? (I am joking) Being a freshman at my old school was not fun. Everyone was mean to freshman. And if a senior saw any underclassmen picking on freshman it got ugly. No one was allowed to pick on freshman exept seniors.

mike o'leary
07-24-2001, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn Duncan

So, you're a freshman? Wait that woud have been you last year right? (I am joking) Being a freshman at my old school was not fun. Everyone was mean to freshman. And if a senior saw any underclassmen picking on freshman it got ugly. No one was allowed to pick on freshman exept seniors.

hmmmmm...seniors at youre school were territorial? at my school its sorta a free for all to abuse freshmen. theres still a seniority chain of some sort though. and seniors always get it best with senior week and stuff.
mike who isnt looking forward to school but figures itll be cool being a senior, even if his maturity level wont quite reflect it

Carolyn Duncan
07-24-2001, 10:02 PM
Who said anything about seniors being mature? Everyone in my senior class gave the principle a penny when they were handed thier diploma. It was funny watching him switch hands all the time then start hiking up his pants when he put them in his pocket. I still think we shoulda given him little rocks. My freinds filled their principle's office with balloons as their senior prank. The best one of all was stealing pumpkins and blocking off all of the doors and windows of the principle's house. I got to help with that one, and yes we took all of the pumpkins back (it was senior skip day we had nothin better to do).

A. Leese
07-24-2001, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Matt Ryan

Hey! I thought it was a good book! :)

I'm still going to opt to disagree. Guess we'll have two things to always disagree on..that book and braves vs Red Sox baseball..lol

~Angela who just felt like being a pest

Flair
07-25-2001, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by littlefish180

I'm still going to opt to disagree. Guess we'll have two things to always disagree on..that book and braves vs Red Sox baseball..lol

~Angela who just felt like being a pest

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you too, I like basically any book that is well written. Like without toooooooo much slang, or complicated terms in it. Such terms that come from certain areas. Real word I like when I don't know, mainly because it happens soooo infrequently. Like I said, I'm a geek, self proclaimed. I make up words for fun, and use stuff like double negetives and wierd prefixes and suffixes to see how it changes the root word. Can we say I don't have a life?

mike o'leary
07-25-2001, 02:27 PM
ok flair, you dont have a life.

and as far as maturity level in my school...say on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being really mature) you start out freshman year at 6. sophmore year it starts off at 7, ends at 5. junior year youd start out at a 5 and end at a 2. senior year you start out at 2 and end at -10. i blame it on the school being all guys

Matt Leese
07-25-2001, 03:29 PM
ok flair, you dont have a life.

and as far as maturity level in my school...say on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being really mature) you start out freshman year at 6. sophmore year it starts off at 7, ends at 5. junior year youd start out at a 5 and end at a 2. senior year you start out at 2 and end at -10. i blame it on the school being all guys

And that's why mentors enjoying beating on the high school students. ;)

Matt

Carolyn Duncan
07-25-2001, 10:34 PM
i blame it on the school being all guys
Are you being serious or figurative? If you're serious I'm really sorry. I don't think I could servive at a school with all girls, nor would I want to.

Flair
07-26-2001, 12:34 PM

Are you being serious or figurative? If you're serious I'm really sorry. I don't think I could servive at a school with all girls, nor would I want to.

I bet I could, and I might even enjoy the experience!

j/k

Carolyn Duncan
07-26-2001, 06:33 PM

I bet I could, and I might even enjoy the experience!

j/k
Yes but could you survive in a school with all guys? The change I made was due to the fact that I am a girl. I would LOVE to go to a school totally comprised of guys.

mike o'leary
07-27-2001, 03:21 PM

why would i joke about something like that???
and anyways, theres a reason why none of the rambots are girls...

Carolyn Duncan
07-27-2001, 04:04 PM
anyways, theres a reason why none of the rambots are girls...

Well, if I were to be an honorary Rambot that would mean that there's a girl sorta on your team.

mike o'leary
07-27-2001, 07:35 PM
fine then...let me say it this way: did you see any rambots in florida that were girls?

EddieMcD
07-28-2001, 09:20 AM
None that came over to our hotel area...

Wait a sec, aren't you an all-boy school?

-Ed "Please tell me I didn't just restate the obvious" McDonnell

mike o'leary
07-28-2001, 02:09 PM
yes we are...and that was the whole reason for the post. anyways, only like 5 or 6 of us came over to youre hotel, and we had 45 students with us

David Kelly
07-28-2001, 04:57 PM
i don't think i could survive an all boys school. you gotta have some chicks:cool:

mike o'leary
07-28-2001, 05:00 PM
see i know girls, i just dont go to school with them. but i hang out with them plenty.

Joel J
07-28-2001, 06:36 PM
Couldn't do it. Seeing females throughout the duration of school reminds me that I am still alive. .

EddieMcD
07-28-2001, 06:38 PM
Really? It reminds me I have no life.

mike o'leary
07-28-2001, 07:38 PM
but you gotta remember, if you go to an all guy school, its all guys. you can wake up at 745, roll out of bed at 815, jump in the car at 816, be at school just in time for the first class at 830, and do this every single day...and nobody cares. and when class discussions get sidetracked theyre...interesting. especially in bio.

Carolyn Duncan
07-29-2001, 12:09 AM
but you gotta remember, if you go to an all guy school, its all guys. you can wake up at 745, roll out of bed at 815, jump in the car at 816, be at school just in time for the first class at 830, and do this every single day...and nobody cares. and when class discussions get sidetracked theyre...interesting. especially in bio.
The guys at my old school did this anyway. They would get to school and then sit in the parking lot or class and do something with hair, clothes, etc. We had to be in class by 7:45 for the tardy bell!

David Kelly
07-29-2001, 05:16 PM
and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

i've only done it a few times.

mike o'leary
07-29-2001, 07:04 PM
the guys at my school do it everyday...except nobody ever bothered doing anything with hair and clothes and stuff in the parking lot or in class. underclassmen shower, but thats about it

Carolyn Duncan
07-30-2001, 09:16 PM
The only reason the guys do anyting about their appearance is because it gives them some time to get the paper footballs out or a deck of cards. They time their games to start right about the time the teacher starts to get into a lesson. I also went to school with preps who lived in gated communities with golf courses. YUCK!

mike o'leary
07-31-2001, 05:37 PM
guys at our school dont do those games...we use class time either for sleeping or for calculator games

mike who thinks that graphing calculators are great inventions

David Kelly
07-31-2001, 06:19 PM
guys at our school dont do those games...we use class time either for sleeping or for calculator games

mike who thinks that graphing calculators are great inventions

graphing calculators. hmmm... time to start a new thread

mike o'leary
07-31-2001, 06:21 PM
not a bad idea